THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Will sort out pics and box it up later thanks 👍

8 minutes ago, Bolton.Zippy said:

Will sort out pics and box it up later thanks 👍

Proper noob didn't look through menu 😟

Hi guys can anyone help please trying get a recoil buffer ..hard kick do you no who's got any in stock or anyone selling.. help is much appreciated thanks

4 hours ago, Bolton.Zippy said:

Hi guys can anyone help please trying get a recoil buffer ..hard kick do you no who's got any in stock or anyone selling.. help is much appreciated thanks

The stainless heavy one? I have one I may be willing to part with. 

On 24/08/2018 at 19:19, rocketdogbert said:

I hate the suppressor, but don’t have a short inner barrel I can use at the moment.

Otherwise I’m happy with it

vqdKjHC.jpg

That makes me a bit hard, how much did it set you back?

Edit: Nvm found the prices, 200 euro (ish) for the Hera stuff (exl rail). How long is the rail there ? 9"?

18 minutes ago, Fissure said:

That makes me a bit hard, how much did it set you back?

Which bit? The Hera stock, grip, rail & spacers come to around £450 ish, then whatever you spend on the MWS.

I sold the whole lot to my buddy for £500 ( including the gun and four mags ) lol

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Which bit? The Hera stock, grip, rail & spacers come to around £450 ish, then whatever you spend on the MWS.

I sold the whole lot to my buddy for £500 ( including the gun and four mags ) lol

Thanks, yeah found the prices there. How come you got rid of it? How was the quality of the Hera stuff? Read so-so reviews of it ?

20 minutes ago, Fissure said:

Thanks, yeah found the prices there. How come you got rid of it? How was the quality of the Hera stuff? Read so-so reviews of it ?

The HERA kit was perfect, beautifully made, zero issues and fitted the MWS perfectly. Some modification required to the HERA rail mount nut, and the TM has a bespoke outer barrel, so you’ll need a spacer or aftermarket barrel.

tGQEUQ3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked mine up today! Blown away by the operation. Quality is outstanding and I’m not disappointed in the slightest. 

Question: what adapters are you using for speed loaders? Cause stuff using the tube and rod in the field! 

3C7278FC-3C1A-4F1C-84A5-2A2071770EB1.jpeg

F19B5FFD-B0FB-46C2-8523-A13283CD4A96.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

Just picked mine up today! Blown away by the operation. Quality is outstanding and I’m not disappointed in the slightest. 

Question: what adapters are you using for speed loaders? Cause stuff using the tube and rod in the field! 

3C7278FC-3C1A-4F1C-84A5-2A2071770EB1.jpeg

F19B5FFD-B0FB-46C2-8523-A13283CD4A96.jpeg

I just use the normal pistol style speedloader like in your first pic with the little adapter end. MWS mags are a little stiff, but Once you get the right angle they load nicely. 

4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Well, strictly it’s an MTR, but the differences are marginal...

BF24FCB7-743A-4099-98ED-438C9029189E.thumb.jpeg.6103df41dc20e3b68d9ac4ba01dae9e4.jpeg

That’s cool! Love the colour on the Sig scope too! You have any goals for it? DMR etc?

13 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

That’s cool! Love the colour on the Sig scope too! You have any goals for it? DMR etc?

Cheers👍🏻

I don’t know yet tbh, if I get the range I want (80+metres) with a nub and tightbore, I doubt I’ll do anything else to it.

I like the idea of semi only (my Vector is semi only now) so I may do that and push the fps as high as legally allowed, but only if it increases useable range.

The scope was in a Boxing Day sale, cost me more than the gun, and it’s not the latest Whiskey5, but it is bloody nice. Makes me want to put metallic grey low-lights on the gun lol

Almost forgot, I’ve got to add lead to the stock to balance it as well

6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Cheers👍🏻

I don’t know yet tbh, if I get the range I want (80+metres) with a nub and tightbore, I doubt I’ll do anything else to it.

I like the idea of semi only (my Vector is semi only now) so I may do that and push the fps as high as legally allowed, but only if it increases useable range.

The scope was in a Boxing Day sale, cost me more than the gun, and it’s not the latest Whiskey5, but it is bloody nice. Makes me want to put metallic grey low-lights on the gun lol

Legal limit for semi is 500 FPS I believe? 

You should easily hit 80m at that. I’m just about managing 80m at 400. Semi mod is nice and easy on the mws too. 2 mins and a dremel. 

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Legal limit for semi is 500 FPS I believe? 

You should easily hit 80m at that. I’m just about managing 80m at 400. Semi mod is nice and easy on the mws too. 2 mins and a dremel. 

Legal limit is 550. Skirmish is 500. I only know this because some sniper ops events run at 550fps limits.

18 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Legal limit is 550. Skirmish is 500. I only know this because some sniper ops events run at 550fps limits.

2.5 Joules, or  520 fps on 0.2’s

Great thread, thanks for starting it and adding all the input @Wo1f 

I picked one up from the first MWS batches (late 2015) and have been using it (internally stock) ever since. I have been using 0.2g and never tried a heavier bb so will be trying 0.28g and 0.3g after reading this thread 🙄

For maintenance, I have been using grease on the bolt carrier group and inside the upper receiver and wd40 on the trigger box. It seems to have worked well but after reading this thread I have some doubts that I have been doing the correct practice. Please, can you list the specific lubes and products you use to keep your MWS tip top?

With regards to fps; mine is untouched internally and since I first chronoed it in 2015 to my last game late summer, with 144a at around 15deg it shoots 350 fps with 0.2g. With green gas it's closer to 370 fps and that is exasperated when the temperature goes up. Any idea why it shoots so hot?

I could go down the NPAS route but have heard so many horror stories about those that I am trying to keep it all stock for longevity.

Oh after three years the only defect I've observed is that the rear takedown pin has lost its spring. Any ideas on where I can replace that spring?

Thanks!

IMG_2902.JPG

Had some range time today. Learnt that she struggles to hop .28’s on max. Hates 144a in this weather. And my holosight is still rather crap and needs to go into the bin! 

Think ill I’ll be investing in the tooling to remove the barrel nut. Work some stuff on the hop and barrel. I’ve got a spare 300mm crazy jet that I used in my striker. Wonder if that will be any good...

any my suggestions on hop buckings? Tempted to use my spare 50 degree TNT TR hop with a better nub

1B734B0F-0FB9-4925-8E20-4CDEED6F7A22.jpeg