THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I have a question, what is a decent low temperature to use a TM, with the green gas mod, and be able to shoot one full mag of BBs properly, in semi auto mode ? Let's say with green gas/propane (I bought ProTech green gas, any experience with it ? Is it propane lvl or below/above ?  ). Would 0-5 degrees (Celsius) be ok ? With let's say mags kept on the chest side of a plate carrier, so hopefully "stealing" some body heat.

And I have a crazy idea that pokes at my brain for a while. Does anybody know if somebody tried a CO2 mod for the TM ? Couldn't find anything with google search ... but I was thinking, how about taking a WE/GHK/others CO2 M4 mag, that has the same or a very close shaped outer shell with the TM one and maybe 3D print the inner top part (nylon or similarly strong plastic), so it still fits the original mag systems/shell but now has the upper part of the TM (gas outtake and BB loader lip). It would be necessary to check somehow the output of the valve on a trigger pull to see if it doesn't release too much pressure for the TM to handle and maybe replace it with a valve that has a lower output, if such a valve even exists but  ... yeah, what do you guys think about this idea ?

P.S.: still waiting for the gun to arrive, hopefully next week....

Later edit: I found this chart for nuprol:

NUPROL-SITO.jpg

Comparing Nuprol 2.0 with this chart 

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/propane-butane-mix-d_1043.html

it seems that it behaves like pure propane.

Propane has worked for me at 5c. Recoil is a little sluggish, but it emptied 2 mags on one gas fill. Nuprol is good gas through. If you’re going sub zero temps, try MAPP gas

4 hours ago, j_brujah said:

incredibly, I can buy MAPP gas from amazon in Germany ... 13 euros for 750 ml can :) good to know. Meanwhile, flecktarn in the bathroom (still waiting for the guns... )

moi.png

That camo doesn't work. I can totally see you! 😂😜

found this pressure chart for MAPP:

RkD6WrI.jpg

and comparing this with the Nuprol chart above, it would seem that MAPP is a bit more powerful than Nuprol 3.0 but less powerful than Nuprol 4.0

at 10 C degrees:

MAPP      113 psia (psia is psi absolute, which means 124.7 psi at see level because +14.7 atmospheric pressure)   
Nuprol 3   111  (if it's psi or 125.7 if those figures are in psia)
Nuprol 4    136  (if it's psi or 150.7 if those figures are in psia)

Any thoughts on this ?

Ok, I found something extremely interesting:

the video is in German but using google generated English subs does a pretty good job. 

In short, the guy fills up a gas pistol magazine, with green gas and then injects only a small amount of CO2, using that charger, maybe half a second to a second. Thing is, the result is very very nice and some people on the German Amazon review page for this product were reporting also good performance in cold weather. Any thoughts on this ? Sounds like a miracle cure for my cold weather anxieties :)

Hi Guys,

I bought one of these sexy things and tried it for the first time at a skirmish today. Oh ma dayum this thing is the best thing I've owned period. It's damn accurate as well as easily overhops 0.28's which i was surprised with tbh but I've never seen a gbbr as accurate as this thing. The shots really get out there too.

I just ran into a couple of minor problems. When I'm filling mags I felt like to get through a whole mag I would have to "overfill" all the mags until liquid started spewing out of the magazines. Definitely gonna hit up the green gas mod but also, has anyone had any issues with bb's getting stuck in the magazine? I might be overfilling so the spring is snagging at a certain point but it happened a couple of times today and the mags should be clean, being new mags n all.

I would not put unregulated co2 inside a mag that wasn’t even designed for green gas. You’ll turn your mag into a pipe bomb. 

TM mags do seem to do that. Takes ages to fill them and they hiss until they spill liquid green gas out. I don’t see it as a problem so I don’t really worry about it. 

What BB’s are you using? I’ve had this issue every now and then, mostly with BB’s  that aren’t Geoff’s. Not sure if it’s the coating inside he channel, but prolonged use should wear the sides smooth. 

Have noticed during my last couple of games that my bbs are shooting out of the MWS with a side to side wobble. 

Any ideas?! 

57 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

What BB’s are you using? I’ve had this issue every now and then, mostly with BB’s  that aren’t Geoff’s. Not sure if it’s the coating inside he channel, but prolonged use should wear the sides smooth. 

I was using devil blaster bb's.Do you think buying silent fill valves will stop the splurting of freezing liquid? 😂

I wouldn’t personally change anything on the mags as they’re magic. The o ring rocket posted will do the job though. 

I'

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

You don’t need to replace the valves, just put some o rings in from Lees Precision 

https://www.leesprecision.com/products/internal-fill-valve-silent-fill-valve-o-rings-pack-of-12

I'll get on that now. Cheers guys. Gonna follow Wolf's guide on maintenance and grab that chain fluid stuff from amazon.

42 minutes ago, Katana said:

I'

I'll get on that now. Cheers guys. Gonna follow Wolf's guide on maintenance and grab that chain fluid stuff from amazon.

It’s great stuff. If you’re going for a different brand, just make sure it’s the dry Teflon/ptfe. Otherwise you may end up with a mess

12 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

Have noticed during my last couple of games that my bbs are shooting out of the MWS with a side to side wobble. 

Any ideas?! 

Most likely dirt or dead bucking: clean out barrel, check bucking isn't contaminated and is clean, check the BBs aren't picking up dirt from inside the mags.

On 06/10/2018 at 16:17, j_brujah said:

found this pressure chart for MAPP:

RkD6WrI.jpg

and comparing this with the Nuprol chart above, it would seem that MAPP is a bit more powerful than Nuprol 3.0 but less powerful than Nuprol 4.0

at 10 C degrees:

MAPP      113 psia (psia is psi absolute, which means 124.7 psi at see level because +14.7 atmospheric pressure)   
Nuprol 3   111  (if it's psi or 125.7 if those figures are in psia)
Nuprol 4    136  (if it's psi or 150.7 if those figures are in psia)

Any thoughts on this ?

The pressure is similar, but what’s important is the boiling point of MAP is lt boils about 10 degrees lower than propane/green gas. This means it can still function at a much lower temp. The boiling point of the gas is a key factor in cooldown. 

13 hours ago, Wo1f said:

The pressure is similar, but what’s important is the boiling point of MAP is lt boils about 10 degrees lower than propane/green gas. This means it can still function at a much lower temp. The boiling point of the gas is a key factor in cooldown. 

Just wow!

Where is the real @Wo1f that answer was too techie :D

MAP gas is made by syphoning the farts of Tokyo Marui’s lead GBBR designer on Christmas Day, after a whole month of eating nothing but sprouts and sushi. This explains its magical properties as well as that awful smell.  

@Davegolf better? 😂

Tnx for the answers ... so yeah, either stinky MAPP or those "magic" tabs then. Probably going to try the tabs. Meanwhile, my TM M9A1 arrived, pretty pretty pistol :) Random tip: I got and IMI defense polymer holster for it and it didn't quite fit. It would go in, but forcefully so I fixed it by putting the holster in the oven at 60 C, leaving it a good while and then sliding the gun repeatedly in/out and finishing with putting the holster with the gun in it, in the fridge, for the thing to cool down and retain the new shape. Works perfectly now

Just ordered that SixG nub but I'm trying to track down the modify tan buckings? Can you only get them abroad? 

Also, I saw a video on someone with the same issue of bb's getting stuck in the magazine and apparently you have to take a file to a couple spots but they didn't explain it very well so lets hope I don't go and **** it.

I got mine from skirmshopUK. They often refund the postage on something so small at the end of the week too. 

Be careful filing down. You don’t want to make anything rough. If you’re gonna do it, use really fine sandpaper.