THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Oh dear! A 15" rail could be nice for the new build 😛

Inner barrel first, then I’ll try to find one with trades. Love me some trades. 

You reckon this is the way forward?

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/laylaxprometheus-603mm-eg-inner-barrel-aeg-fitting-or-vsr-10-with-aero-chamber433mm

I live in Japan

Not sure if the vsr barrel will fit , I will try it again

I tried putting a Maple Leaf 428mm but it didnt fit

I think they have 5 handguards left

If anyone wants one , please email me

That’s an AEG barrel. We’re doing something devious and R hopping the mws 😈

ill send you a message now👍

.43 gives a much nicer flight path over a .40 for whatever reason. Much better ‘group’  visually. Brother wasn’t willing to be my test dummy after I sniped him on his bike last time 😂

5 hours ago, Wo1f said:

.43 gives a much nicer flight path over a .40 for whatever reason. Much better ‘group’  visually. Brother wasn’t willing to be my test dummy after I sniped him on his bike last time 😂

In my experimenting , I found that I could Joule creep with a 300mm barrel from .20 bb .79j to 2.0j with .5 bb using 134a 

• Supporters
On 6/11/2018 at 12:24 AM, Rvl said:

In my experimenting , I found that I could Joule creep with a 300mm barrel from .20 bb .79j to 2.0j with .5 bb using 134a 

That does somewhat explain the outrageous range these things get!

6 hours ago, Rvl said:

Has anyone tried a light weight bolt carrier?

Yes, I have used the UAC one with an upgraded recoil spring and I though it was great, I personally think the MWS bolt cycle is a little on the sluggish side.

This really sharpens it up.

Also the weight saving helps gas consumption a little.

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Yes, I have used the UAC one with an upgraded recoil spring and I though it was great, I personally think the MWS bolt cycle is a little on the sluggish side.

This really sharpens it up.

Also the weight saving helps gas consumption a little.

What’s the kick like compared to standard? Think it would improve consistency over a mag in conjunction with the zinc mag tubes?

With the brass recoil spacer you have it was a nice mild recoil, but fast :D

I'm sure it would help, but I think the gas usage is marginal, it will use less because there's less weight (energy) required to move it.

Haaaaaaayulp!
I've put a 371 orga barrel and a brass nub in my MWS and fps has gone up to 370.
Everything else is stock at the moment.
I have a game on Sunday, but the limit for GBBR is 350 unless locked to semi.
If it's locked to semi, then there's a MED of 25M.
What can I do, realistically before Sunday to get it down under 350? (I've got NPAS on the way, but it'll take up to three weeks)...
Or should I just lock it to semi?
For the future, would changing the bucking increase fps much?
Any help/advice much appreciated.
TIA.

I had a test dummy this time. He’s stood at 75m away.  I’ve still got a few clicks of hop travel so I may try .45 next. Specs are:

Orga 6.05 410mm barrel

SixG super nub

Modify tan bucking 

380-390 FPS on a .20

ASG Accuracy International.43

what I’ve learned.... at that range, even though it’s shooting almost flat, canting the rifle even slightly on the bipod caused them to just miss. According to my brother, the misses were skimming past him, so they were very close. 

1AC8FB03-E683-4470-98FA-B136CA894F2A.thumb.jpeg.12d0d1695cfc8f7c822550aee4a24e71.jpeg

mmmm lust growing. But it would take forever to actually get one and enough mags for a day with my current play style. Seem to blow through 2-3000 rounds in a morning lately.

But i do need a rif to base my 'Tears of the sun' m4a1 off of.

Play style is everything with these. I probably don’t go through 600BB’s at Anzio over 8 hours. However... I’d say my hit rate % is much higher for what I carry. 

If I see someone at distance, I decide if I think I can hit them, and take a couple of shots. If I can’t hit them in 3-4 shots then there’s no point firing anymore, so I reposition or just move on. 

Its much more satisfying getting a kill with a GBBR

Had a couple of people asking me about this so I figured I’d so somewhat of a guide.

Semi auto conversion:

For those of you wanting to DMR your MWS, you’ll need to remove the option of full auto as it’s the general rule for most sites. It’s simple to do and this is how you do it.. 

Split the lower and push down the hammer until the seers click in place, like so:4140E08C-8BD6-4D24-9039-FB8A35645EF0.thumb.jpeg.b782ef4b2620474030e4bd2fce810af4.jpeg

Turn your selector in between semi and full auto, like this:

715B2487-95AF-45BF-B9E1-7071A3476232.thumb.jpeg.35d772dd2b1611908a6070f9e38d25d8.jpeg

Push from the other side with your finger and twist/wiggle the selector as you’re pulling it from the switch side. It should pull free from the gun. 

From there you need to take a dremel (or file if you’re feeling energetic) and alter the selector ‘barrel’. Here is a standard ‘full auto’ selector and a modded one:

81BFE511-5218-4CB6-90EE-4F94679759B3.thumb.jpeg.bd85ecc1d086d923e762530236f00e5d.jpeg

the piece you grind off is is what makes contact with the full auto sear. With it gone, it can’t possibly go into full auto. 

62DF1DB5-A04C-4C96-B72A-68E5109FE5BA.thumb.jpeg.00bc21d1abb10b7a275f4ed581e04cc4.jpeg

464E8EC5-A7BE-4127-BF89-3CF2EB7D288E.thumb.jpeg.3d40886a87e6c075a40d5a27fab8c927.jpeg

Now that you’re done, you just have to reinstall. The only difference from taking it out is you need a screwdriver or anything thin to poke a plate and a detent out of the way.

AEA363BA-E000-4021-B072-0BD2E85F9A12.thumb.jpeg.3f68d164dac059481b53f1a2dfd75ee1.jpeg

Videos if my instructions weren’t overly clear:

removal:

install:

Hope this helps! Any questions, give me a shout.

No, I don’t believe so. AEG’s just have a switch with no bar going through. I think you can mod the plastic selector plate on the outside of the gearbox, but I’m not 100%. I’d ask in the electric section. 

To say mechboxes arent my strong point is an understatement 😂

People drill the receiver and put a grub screw in it to stop it going to FA. What I was guessing at, you could push it into full auto on the selector, but it wouldn’t move the plate on the gearbox. The thought of drilling into the receiver and putting a screw in it makes me physically sick lol