THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

13 hours ago, Davegolf said:

You sold your Scar H :(

I can’t even begin to describe my regret when I got home. I’ll buy another one in the future. That noise is just something else.. Ebr has just gone too😭

They have! They’re a blessing and a curse. They’re amazing, but they’ve also made about £2000 worth of my airsoft guns wall hangers. The Ebr will shoot similar to the mws but it’s 3 times the weight. 

That DMR is pissing me right off though. I think my new hop parts have came today so I’ll fit them when I get in. 

Just weighted the Ebr. 15lbs against the 8 of the mws

23 hours ago, Wo1f said:

They have! They’re a blessing and a curse. They’re amazing, but they’ve also made about £2000 worth of my airsoft guns wall hangers. The Ebr will shoot similar to the mws but it’s 3 times the weight. 

That DMR is pissing me right off though. I think my new hop parts have came today so I’ll fit them when I get in. 

Sorry for being dim - what's the EBR?

What sort of sling do you guys run with?
I'm desperate to use mine, but at the mo only have a single point sling, and I can't take the weight.
Any recommendations?

11 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Sorry for being dim - what's the EBR?

What sort of sling do you guys run with?
I'm desperate to use mine, but at the mo only have a single point sling, and I can't take the weight.
Any recommendations?

We m14 Ebr 

i run replica ms4 and ms2 slings. Think I got them from patrol base. Very good quality. They’re essentially the same but the ms4 has QD ends and the ms2 has clips

Do you run a vertical grip? Makes a massive difference when playing for hours!

Also do you were a Rig or tactical vest?

Single points are way comfy if you attach them to the shoulder, as opposed to round your neck etc.

Nicest slings are Vickers Tactical, HSGI or Magpul MS.

Yes they are dear but they are wide, quality and secure

1 minute ago, Davegolf said:

Do you run a vertical grip? Makes a massive difference when playing for hours!

Also do you were a Rig or tactical vest?

Single points are way comfy if you attach them to the shoulder, as opposed to round your neck etc.

Nicest slings are Vickers Tactical, HSGI or Magpul MS.

Yes they are dear but they are wide, quality and secure

I've just bought one in the hopes it will make a difference - I can't turn my hand to support the gun like I normally would - and I get fatigued too quickly for the MWS at the moment as well. 
I'm desperate to play with my MWS again, so I'm hoping a two point might make it possible.
By nicest, I'm guessing most expensive? lol
At the moment I'm just running a battle belt and have an arp9 on single sling.

+1 on the grip. I run a m900 light clone which has a vert grip and it makes a world of difference. Having your wrist/forearm not rotated has given me a few extra hours before I begin to really notice the weight. 

The clone ms slings are cheap £10-20 but are very good quality for the price. The RS ones will obviously be much better, but mine haven’t let me down carrying heavy GBBR’s. 

There’s only so much improvement to be had though in terms of taking the weight off when in the firing position. You can run the sling tight so the stock is pressed into your shoulder more, but with an injury you may still struggle. We don’t want you doing more harm than good. 

Whats the weight difference between the ARP9 and the mws?

Get a 7" free float rail on the MWS, that saves loads of weight, in the right place too!

I think a Fortis weighs the same as a crisp packet lol!

15 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Get a 7" free float rail on the MWS, that saves loads of weight, in the right place too!

I think a Fortis weighs the same as a crisp packet lol!

Any idea what the weight difference is, by any chance - might be a good way forwards!

25 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

There’s only so much improvement to be had though in terms of taking the weight off when in the firing position. You can run the sling tight so the stock is pressed into your shoulder more, but with an injury you may still struggle. We don’t want you doing more harm than good. 

Whats the weight difference between the ARP9 and the mws?

The ARP 2Kg, the MWS is 2.97Kg.
I've not tried playing with the MWS - Just shouldered it.
Part of the problem is most of the weight is at the front, where I need my left hand to be doing the load bearing.
With the Arp, it's further back - possibly cos it's more compact anyway....

I don't know exactly but it's quite a weight saving, ditching the front sight post (which I know you love), the heavy RAS setup etc.

You can also run a Sopmod / Vltor style stock and lead ballast the rear, you can get a much more neutral balance that way.

The standard rails, gas tube and iron sight come to a total of 400g.
Thank good that iron sight is off!
Now I need to find a replacement rail that's a lot less than that!
Or
Is there any reason why I can't run it without a handguard?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

I got hold of a 7" bocca series 2....
No instructions 😞
And I'm flummoxed......
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mzBxpHSJIu7Ar5Gy2

How on Earth do you fit it?
I had a look for videos and the only one I found was for an ares that looks/ works nothing like this one...

You need to get an armourer's wrench and remove your current barrel nut and delta ring.

Start by unscrewing the 6/8 screws on the rear of the new rail and you'll get the end part come free. 

Put that end 'cap' onto the rifle and then screw down the new rail's barrel nut to clamp down the cap, then attach the main rail and do up the screws to keep it all together.

Hope that helps, if you're still having issues let me know and I'll take off and reinstall my DD rail clone that it's based on on Sunday and take photos to make it clearer

^^this apart from you have a screw underneath your delta nut assembly that you unscrew and most of it just slides off leaving a small barrel nut. Remember you need the adapter to fit an aftermarket barrel but. 

4 hours ago, M_P said:

You need to get an armourer's wrench and remove your current barrel nut and delta ring.

Start by unscrewing the 6/8 screws on the rear of the new rail and you'll get the end part come free. 

Put that end 'cap' onto the rifle and then screw down the new rail's barrel nut to clamp down the cap, then attach the main rail and do up the screws to keep it all together.

Hope that helps, if you're still having issues let me know and I'll take off and reinstall my DD rail clone that it's based on on Sunday and take photos to make it clearer

Thankfully I've got the wrench!
Everything in the box came in bits, so I'm not sure which bit you mean?
The pic is everything I've got in the box.
Thanks for the offer - if I haven't managed it by then, I'll take you up on it!

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

^^this apart from you have a screw underneath your delta nut assembly that you unscrew and most of it just slides off leaving a small barrel nut. Remember you need the adapter to fit an aftermarket barrel but. 

Two questions - which bit in the pic is the aftermarket barrel nut?
And could you direct me toward the right kind of adaptor please?
As you know, I'm shit at this stuff - but I'm learning! 😁

IMG_0592.JPG

The things in the bags with the threads on are the barrel nuts. One is for a gbbr and one is for an AEG. Just see which threads on the nicest and use that one. From memory, you put the ring with the screw holes around it on first, then the barrel nut to fix it in place (but you need an adapter to go inside the barrel nut or the barrel will fall out). Then bolt the rail to the ring with the holes in. 

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-adapter-ring-for-marui-m4-mws-gbb

Yeh, I have a Magpul MOE handgaurd but you've still got the FSP weight up front, a free float rail that is designed light - like the Fortis or NOVESKE NSR for example - means any weight is kept closer the pistol grip.

A Bocca isn't really much lighter than the standard TM RAS system, just a different mounting interface.

Don't get me wrong a polymer handgaurd def saves weight.

I have a proper Magpul (not PTS) one available 2nd hand if you did want the easiest route

20 hours ago, Duff said:

Easy if it splits into two parts. Push the Delta ring outer that is held by spring tension towardd the reciever and slot in the larger half of the rail behind the "cog" then the other part before releasing the Delta ring. 

A lot easier if you have someone to hold your ring piece for you.

You have to pay extra for someone to hold your ring piece... Or so a friend told me... 

Reverted back to a decepticon 60 and omega nub. Couldn’t get the I key or Prometheus bridge to work. Range back to around 80 meters with a .40

Stripping it down now go test the modify tan tomorrow. I’ve got one in my other Mws and g36c and I’m very impressed with them. 

• Supporters
19 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I've found something that might be better. It's certainly lighter than most of the freefloat rails I've seen.
https://www.rifleworks.co.uk/products/fab-defense-m4-polymer-handguard-3-rail
I presume in order to not have the front sight post, I'd need something else to stop it all from falling apart?

replace the front sight post with one of these (or similar): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vltor-Style-M4-Dummy-Gas-block-Airsoft-/122749704208 

Loads lighter than the FSP and will hold the handguard end cap in place nicely. 

19 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I've found something that might be better. It's certainly lighter than most of the freefloat rails I've seen.
https://www.rifleworks.co.uk/products/fab-defense-m4-polymer-handguard-3-rail
I presume in order to not have the front sight post, I'd need something else to stop it all from falling apart?

replace the front sight post with one of these (or similar): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vltor-Style-M4-Dummy-Gas-block-Airsoft-/122749704208 

1 hour ago, jcheeseright said:

Hopefully patrolbase are bringing one to the skirmish today for me 😄