THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

If you’re gonna upgrade it and you like the mid caps, go with the recoil. If you don’t mind 35 round mags and want ultimate performance then I’d go with the mws 

To be honest it’s the realism that is drawing me towards the mws. I’ve used recoils and loved them, I currently run a systema but I’m looking for a new challenge 

8 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

I'd add if you like realism and interaction the MWS is a joy to operate, love slapping the bolt release every mag change :)

3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Then get an mws and don’t look back. There’s a nice one in the classifieds with a load of mags

Might be a stupid question but how does an npas work? If I set it for 340fps say and the day gets hotter and hotter will it not go above 340 as that’s the limit I’ve set?

whats the general consensus on upgrades and gas to use? I know TM are supposed to be 144a/green gas but I’ve always run red gas without any issues on all my pistols and the mp7 I had 

If you set it for 340, the few degrees change in the day will make little difference to the FPS. If it did raise because of temperature you could just turn it down with the tool. Would take 30 seconds at most.  All it really does is alter how much of the total amount of gas is used to spit out the BB. 

Ive ran both of mine off propane almost exclusively and haven’t broken anything yet. 

6 hours ago, Wo1f said:

If you set it for 340, the few degrees change in the day will make little difference to the FPS. If it did raise because of temperature you could just turn it down with the tool. Would take 30 seconds at most.  All it really does is alter how much of the total amount of gas is used to spit out the BB. 

Ive ran both of mine off propane almost exclusively and haven’t broken anything yet. 

Cheers dude.

There goes my next lot of shares sales 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m gonna laugh my ass off when Tm come out with their 416 Mws. If they made the receiver for say... £250-300 I’d have probably bought one and got a HAO rail. By the time you got that in the country you could have bought 4 complete Mws guns. 

Found a flaw with running maple leaf buckings inside of my DMR. I was getting over 80m range with it originally and all of a sudden I couldn’t get the damn thing to hop a .3.. upon inspection, I found that the locking tab on the bucking that sits at the 3 o clock position pushes the contact surface of the bucking onto the front edge of the window, damaging it over time. 

To fix this ive ordered maple leaf’s new iteration of the decepticon, called the ‘super’. It’s very similar, but the key difference besides a slight change in contact area is the removal of the locking tab. As well as this I ordered the mythical unicorn bucking that always served me well a while ago.. the modify Tan.  I will install tonight and get some pictures up if it would help/ serve as a guide. 

F96E5515-B28B-4340-921C-330D2F1343D3.jpeg

4 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Interested in the unicorn bucking for sure!

I’ll put the modify tan in first then, range test it and then swap out for the ML and see if there’s an improvement/ loss 👍 I may need to buy another one of those super nubs too

Right... Let the fun begin..

I've decided i was going to change both buckings at once. My current two setups are Maple leaf decepticon 60 bucking and prometheus bridge nub in my DMR, and a TNT T hop with a  SixG super nub in my CASV. There was nothing inherently wrong with the T hop, but I've always loved the modify Tan buckings, and figured I'd change that along side the damaged decepticon bucking.

67E6A52F-5DE0-4B43-80D8-6CED7E192F4B_zps

Below is a picture of the new ML super rubber next to the damaged decepticon bucking. If you notice, the new bucking has a slightly different contact patch, but more notably it doesn't have the locking tab. The decepticon bucking works great, but because of how long the locking tab is, it can push the very tip of the contact patch into the barrel, damaging it when firing. The new rubber doesn't have this, so should negate the problem. If you are running the older version, an easy fix would be to take 1mm off both ends of the tab so the bucking isn't forced into the barrel.

6DE20DE9-7788-4486-839D-1AA27229C701_zps

Quick side note: if you have any PTFE tape, wrap the barrel for a snug fit.

38F0FD40-24D6-42E7-AFC1-BDF673138FBF_zps

Before: note the extended nub entrance 

A53B631A-8D09-4A0A-BED6-95660B8FA7D1_zps

After:

BC3DB11F-3408-4B77-BDAD-D75B9AFFB487_zps

Now for the CASV... The original setup with the T hop

FEB6068E-18EE-4ED3-81AD-5D6E909805F3_zps

Little difficult to see, but the T hop is similar in design to the ML with a concave, extended contact area, whereas the modify tan is just the standard marui style mound.

88FDA6A7-0CFC-48A2-A23E-F790FB69AF9D_zps

One thing i really like about the modify rubber is the way it sits onto the barrel. It has a very well molded lip that sits into the ring that's cut into the barrel, meaning it doesn't bulge in places. i expect it to have a very good air seal. Unlike the maple leaf, both the T hop and the modify tan bucking have thinner, shorter locking tabs, so they're not an issue. 

238AD581-1A72-4869-9B37-9E493F32A846_zps

C30FBDDA-7599-4561-BB56-C147568FD121_zps

Range/accuracy results at the weekend, hopefully.

So the ML relies totally on the two barrel flats to prevent rotation?

The Modify bucking definitely looks very well molded!

i don't know why but any Maple products have been toilet for me, maybe I get all the lemons!??

@Davegolf it still has that thin grove molded into the bucking that locates on the bottom of the barrel, but I am cautious of rotation. In theory, it’s that tight in there it should be okay, but I’m gonna keep an eye on it to see if I get any BB’s veering off in one direction. 

Ive had great success with the colour coded ones, but didn’t like the black ML’s. They do need to be used with concave, long nubs to get the most out of them though. With the AEG version, the omega nub is fine because the contact patch isn’t so long, but the vsr type needs a long nub. 

In terms of fit and finish, the modify tan is the nicest bucking I’ve ever installed. They’ve always worked well, but vanished for a bit. They’re expensive for a bucking at £15 compared to the £9 of the ML, but I hadn’t seen one in so long it could have been £30 and I’d have bought it. 

I had a game at crossfire woods on Saturday and the DMR was being a dick with a sticking hop. The CASV with the modify tan bucking and SixG nub worked flawlessly. No horizontal deviation at all and great range with .36. I’m gonna try to do some range testing with the range finder tomorrow, but I would guess the range to be 70m. 

As for that damn DMR... the hop seemed to get stuck on and was just being an all round pain in the ass. I returned to the I key and standard hollow nub and it’s now shooting half right, but I’m not getting enough hop because the standard nub just collapses on itself. Gonna see if I can find a pin to stick in it and try again. 

Or if your shooting high FPS cutting a length of the BIC ink tube works a treat, it's the correct OD, so cut the exact width of the hop aperture and it will also remain extremely true

Okay... took the DMR out and it’s now getting the range (80m) but the shots are veering right at the very end. At first I thought it was the wind, which it still might be, but using the CASV with the modify bucking they were shooting absolutely straight every time at a max range of 70m. At 70m assuming it isn’t windy, your only real concern was elevation consistency. It was hard to tell exact impacts in terms of height because my live test dummy was busy for the day and finding the exact point a 6mm ball lands from that far away is rather difficult. 

I think the plan now is to buy another modify bucking and SixG super nub and see if the extra 50fps of the DMR will give me the extra 10m range over the CASV. If it works then the maple leaf is dead in the water.. if not, I’ll go back to the decepticon and shave the locking tab 

Quick question what gas is safe to use in this gun. At the moment I am using asg ultra air is there any others I can use at all without causing to much wear to the bolt or possibly breaking anything because of it being to powerful.

2 hours ago, Shadowuk said:

Quick question what gas is safe to use in this gun. At the moment I am using asg ultra air is there any others I can use at all without causing to much wear to the bolt or possibly breaking anything because of it being to powerful.

I've used ultrair, nuprol green and red.

No problems with any.

Red is for when it's cold out!

I run both of mine on propane and the occasional nuprol 2.0 (because I’m cheap and I hate green gas). I don’t like ASG ultrair. I thought my experience was a one off, but Saturday I sold my scar H (to which I regret already) he couldn’t get a single mag with ASG ultrair, but emptied 3 and a bit with nuprol red. I think it’s the 10% butane that makes it crap. Probably good for a Tm pistol if you didn’t want to put a better green gas through it, but that’s all I’d use it in.