THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Just ordered a guns modify CNC hop adjuster that’s going to go in the DMR. Hopefully it’s going to add a touch more consistency and adjustment. 

Looks great! I do think they look great with an Acog. Need to get a sling mount for the front of mine.

Rainbow8 kindly emailed me and told me what I ordered isn’t in stock <_< so I’m not best pleased about that.. 

time to source it from somewhere else..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - Can anyone point me in the right direction for info on how to remove the front iron sight please?
It's driving me mental.

Also - any suggestions for a grip/stock/foregrip set? I'm thinking OD or maybe coyote.....

There is one small grub screw on the underside of the front sight unit, and there are 2 punch pins, you need to knock them out from the fire selector side / left side through to the mag release / right side.

Take note of the pins orientation so you put them back the same way around and in the same hole. ;)

23 hours ago, Davegolf said:

There is one small grub screw on the underside of the front sight unit, and there are 2 punch pins, you need to knock them out from the fire selector side / left side through to the mag release / right side.

Take note of the pins orientation so you put them back the same way around and in the same hole. ;)

Cheers dude!

Next question -  Can any of you suggest decent replacement stocks? (and grips - I'm thinking FDE / coyote possibly)...

On 13/04/2018 at 9:14 AM, Davegolf said:

It's all gone horribly wrong.
Grub screw. Check.
Pins. Check.
Front piece of the handguard and inner metal rod moving - shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :(
What do I do now?
It seems I know enough to wreck a gun, but not fix it.
I was only taking it off to cheer myself up cos I can't shoot the damned thing.
Please help before I implode. Or break something else....

IMG_0152.JPG

Ha punch that little pin out too just to the left of your red circle of doom :D

I leave that pin out on mine as its really not necersary and just slows disassembly!

7 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Ha punch that little pin out too just to the left of your red circle of doom :D

I leave that pin out on mine as its really not necersary and just slows disassembly!

Unfortunately, there seems to be nothing to hold the metal rod in place. Or the black end plate?
Errrr - and I can't get either back in place anyway :(

On 4/18/2018 at 12:41 AM, Wo1f said:

Manage to sort it, Sammo?

new rail.. not impressed that the trades aren’t there like the picture, but it will do.

Sadly not as yet, haven't had chance to look at it again..

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 9:36 PM, Davegolf said:

The metal rod (dummy gas tube) is pinned to the front sight and slot thru the delta ring and into the upper receiver.

Watch some YouTube vids, its disassembly / reassembly is well covered 

I cannot for the life of me find one 😞
If the gas tube is pinned to the front sight though, then I'm guessing that means I can't remove the front sight, as there'd be nothing to hold the gas tube and delta ring in place any more?

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve?

Do you have a free float rail system to fit instead or are you just taking it apart to get to the hop unit?

On the front hand guard remove the button head Allen screw near rail section T14, then the upper rail comes off.

Then pull the delta ring back and the lower rail comes off.

Then you can remove the front sight post with the gas tube still attached.

The delta ring doesn't need the gas tube.

47 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve?

Do you have a free float rail system to fit instead or are you just taking it apart to get to the hop unit?

On the front hand guard remove the button head Allen screw near rail section T14, then the upper rail comes off.

Then pull the delta ring back and the lower rail comes off.

Then you can remove the front sight post with the gas tube still attached.

The delta ring doesn't need the gas tube.

This is where my noobishness is coming through.
I just want to take the front post sight off, as it's annoying me with the scope I'm using. And then have everything else back as it was.

You need The from sight to hold the forward rail ring.

To achieve what you want you need a folding front sight post like Vltor's one or a free float rail system.

You can’t keep the 2 piece handguard without some form of gas block. You can get a standard block one with a rail on the top, or as Dave said, a VLTOR one (I’m looking for a trademarked one of those!). 

Or... get a free float rail. You can get nuprol bocca rails (mk18 style) for as little as £35, although you will need a rail adapter ring (£10) 

21 hours ago, Davegolf said:

You need The from sight to hold the forward rail ring.

To achieve what you want you need a folding front sight post like Vltor's one or a free float rail system.

20 hours ago, Wo1f said:

You can’t keep the 2 piece handguard without some form of gas block. You can get a standard block one with a rail on the top, or as Dave said, a VLTOR one (I’m looking for a trademarked one of those!). 

Or... get a free float rail. You can get nuprol bocca rails (mk18 style) for as little as £35, although you will need a rail adapter ring (£10) 

Thanks for the advice chaps.
All fixed and back in working order, looking pretty as ever. I can't wait til I'm strong enough to use it in anger again 😄

Edit:
@Wo1f - I just found this if it's of any interest:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/302500214811?chn=ps&adgroupid=59254217168&rlsatarget=pla-623069070912&abcId=1134056&adtype=pla&merchantid=119192612&poi=&googleloc=1006991&device=c&campaignid=1340838148&crdt=0

MWS.JPG

The MWS mags hold 100rds+ worth of gas once modded.

Having had an MP7 they are good on gas but have very small gas reservoir.

I don't think there is a more efficient GBBR than the likes of the MWS & MP7

PS I'm selling an MWS haha shameless! :D

The MWS IMO is a semi auto tool so not blasting through rounds like you would an MP7 Indoor most likely 

Max I’ve had, on propane firing slowly indoors is 190 shots. It will happily mag dump twice, which no other gbbr I have used has managed, including 3 GHK’s. For me, it’s not only the best GBBR but the best airsoft gun currently made.. I do love my mp7 though.  

I run 5 mags and a speedloader. I’m going half of the day before I’m thinking about gas. If I was playing a milsim or somewhere there was a huge walk to the safe zone, I’d consider those little nuprol cans. 

24 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Thanks for the replies, currently considering options between going back to recoils or an MWS

If you’re gonna upgrade it and you like the mid caps, go with the recoil. If you don’t mind 35 round mags and want ultimate performance then I’d go with the mws