Advice buying my first loadout.

Shootysaurus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I am not brand new to airsoft but I have just moved to the UK from North America and sold most of what I had except my face protection and gloves.

I have 300 GBP to spend but only at JD airsoft because someone got me a gift voucher for my birthday.  https://jdairsoft.net/ 

Here is a picture of my cart with what I plan to get:

0C5004C4-5543-4D6D-8DC9-0A7E2E335895.thumb.png.10933fdc83cd105076ffdd675c545ddf.png

I left out the battery because I will sort out what one to get in store. That should put me just over the 300.

- I know the vest has nothing on it but I can add to it later and I dont like their other vest with pouches. I know it is pricy but my wife has said I need a vest to play. (She doesnt like seeing bruises) even though I usually get shot in the arms and legs.

- I need the knee pads because I have bad knees.

- Already decided to start with hicap for this early stage. Will swich to mid when I get more pouches.

- aware I may need a different charger, it’s there for an idea of cost.

Just wanted feedback from the community to see if my money is being well spent.

Let me know if you think I should do anything differently.

Thanks!

• Head Moderator

You are buying a G&G CM16 so cannot really go wrong there. Worried it was going to be a Nuprol one to match the other items of kit.

Would always recommend getting the iMax B6 balance charger.

Naw I know the Raider is the only real noob choice. 

I will look into that charger thanks. 

The only other thought I had was to invest much more on a better gun and slowly collect the other things over time. I only really need the gun to play right now.(can get a cheap vest somewhere.)  But picking the CM16 is easy. Looking into the 150-250 pound range guns there is a lot more controversy.

• Supporters

Nuprol plate carrier/sling is chinese junk with a flashy tag, you can buy basically the same thing for about £15 on Aliexpress. 

You’d be better off spending a bit more on your gun and a really good set of eye protection (nothing ruins a game like fogged goggles). Though, the gun you have chosen there is perfectly adequate. 

7 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Nuprol plate carrier/sling is chinese junk with a flashy tag, you can buy basically the same thing for about £15 on Aliexpress. 

You’d be better off spending a bit more on your gun and a really good set of eye protection (nothing ruins a game like fogged goggles). Though, the gun you have chosen there is perfectly adequate. 

I already have good goggles but I wouldnt know what gun to get from that place. If it was patrol base I think I would have better options.

Im not really the best person to give advice on guns, although a Raider is a great starting place, but I personally feel the next level for decent guns in the Krytac £350 mark so a far jump! (but like I say not the best person for guns)

For other kit (clothes, vests pouches etc) I would suggest you play and buy kit after games which answer problems or see what others use and ask players questions about gear. Nothing worse than dropping a load of money on stuff you then dont get on with or actually have no need for!

if you just want to get into skirmishing, I would drop the plate carrier and get a belt with some mag pouches. I personally hate knee pads when running around and 20 quid is quite a lot. so you coud maybe save 60 quid that way and buy some mid caps

There's a lot of good deals for kit on this forum.

Avoid Viper gear. 

Look on eBay for better kneepads, and buy another mag or so with your voucher. 

If you are not new to airsoft are you really going to be happy with a CM16? What did you have before?

In my eyes you should look to buy once and save yourself money in the long run.

Get yourself a RIF you want and not the RIF you are limited too.. you already have the bare necessities and can build your loadout as you go. 

At least that's what I would do.

I totally get the wife thing too.. but that's why you spend all your voucher on a RIF you want.. go to your first game and get absolutely peppered, she will tell you to go and buy a plate carrier... job done, best of both worlds.

Fight smart, fight the wife smarter.

3 hours ago, Jayjay said:

If you are not new to airsoft are you really going to be happy with a CM16? What did you have before?

In my eyes you should look to buy once and save yourself money in the long run.

Get yourself a RIF you want and not the RIF you are limited too.. you already have the bare necessities and can build your loadout as you go. 

At least that's what I would do.

I totally get the wife thing too.. but that's why you spend all your voucher on a RIF you want.. go to your first game and get absolutely peppered, she will tell you to go and buy a plate carrier... job done, best of both worlds.

Fight smart, fight the wife smarter.

I Am still sort of new to airsoft. I had a WE glock 19 and used a friends guns since he had so many and I was being cheap. GGB WE mp7, JG G36, WE MP5 are what I used. I would get a better gun but that place doesnt have much in the $300 range that I can see. I think the next rifle would be a Krytac PDW mk2 trident. Maybe I can see if JD can order it. Do you see any guns on the site right now in that price range worth getting?

I don't know.. obviously the CM16 is a decent start point.. but I just think if it's not what you 'want' then you are just going to cost yourself more in the long run. 

We are airsofters... Its a money sink of a hobby :D spend and spend til your bank account is dry! Lol.

From what I can see, the CM16 is "the best"* gun for its price bracket. They are good for upgrading and they also hold value well.

*in M4 style and in a lot of peoples opinion

NOTE:

This entire post is based off what i read here, i personally have the Wild Hog which is part of the Combat Machine line and its very nice, 7inch front rail keeps it short enough for CQB but long enough to not look out of place in the woodland... but, it is more expensive than the starting at £180+

Archived