Imitation Loadouts vs Personal Loadouts

steakandpotato
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't intend to wear matching authentic kit. For me a personal setup seems the best way to go, and the least problematic. The only worry for me is colour coordination.

I had intended to get an olive drab chest rig and battle belt, but I have been reading that OD does not go well with colours like khaki or coyote brown. In fact some say it doesn't go well with anything. Being red green colour blind I would welcome your advice. I play mainly cqb and green would probably stand out too much indoors.

I have been rethinking going khaki or coyote for the rig and belt. Later I will buy plain colour pants and some sort of camo shirt or jacket.

If you haven't yet decided on shirt and pants, what is the most flexible colour for webbing? I have decided against black by the way or camo webbing.

I like the look of the Russian Gorka combat uniform but don't know what the two colours actually are: to me they look like OD and khaki or tan. Can anyone enlighten me?

I will be running an AK by the way. And I believe the Russian slings are OD. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
19 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I like the look of the Russian Gorka combat uniform but don't know what the two colours actually are: to me they look like OD and khaki or tan. Can anyone enlighten me?

Looks like there's a few variants with different camo patterns/colours. As far as I can tell there's tan, black and olive. 

Tan is a safe bet for chest rigs/plate carriers/belts. Goes with pretty much everything. 

It is a bit of fashion content for a lot of players to be fair. :lol:

"Oooh, does this match with that.. oh no, can't possibly wear that - Green doesn't go with the tan you see!"

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

The one I like is the two colour version - the lighter tone is the base colour and the darker tone consists of bars going across the uniform.

This one in fact:   https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/98305204350385971/

Could you tell me what these two colours are please?

Tan and black mate. Looks really nice to me. Definitely the one I'd buy. 

My God!

I can't even recognise black when I'm looking at it.:lol:

Thanks for your advice. Is khaki near enough to tan. Different manufacturers offer different colour variations. I assume tan, khaki and coyote are pretty much variations of the same colour. Similar to flat dark earth?

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

My God!

I can't even recognise black when I'm looking at it.:lol:

Thanks for your advice. Is khaki near enough to tan. Different manufacturers offer different colour variations. I assume tan, khaki and coyote are pretty much variations of the same colour. Similar to flat dark earth?

Depends on the manufacturer but yeah, they're more or less the same colour. They'll all blend pretty well together I reckon. You can always ask for a second opinion before you buy anything. 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

My wife has just looked at the Gorka picture and said it looks like beige and dark olive to her.

I suppose black with a tinge of green is dark olive aka olive drab.

So olive drab would appear to go with tan after all. 

Might be my monitor. Definitely looks like a pale brown with a slight ting of green. It's weird. The pintrest page links to eBay. In some of the additional photos they look more green, in others tan. 

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Yes, I noticed that.

I think.:D

Thanks again for your advice.

A black smersh vest with pouches on the sides would look great with that uniform I think. Slap on a balaclava and a K6-3 helmet and you'll have a nice russian loadout to play in. Bit pricey tho.. Maybe a Mk6 with a visor would work as a substitute? This chap seems happy enough with his! There's also the ssh 68.

pryb8r3i9p101.gif

• Supporters

This notion that anybody cares if your camo matches your load bearing kit is total fallacy.  I've only ever seen new players ask it on forums and they all quickly realise it doesn't matter in the slightest.  There's maybe 1 in 1000 players who'd make some negative comment about it at a game and they're just tossers to be ignored.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

This notion that anybody cares if your camo matches your load bearing kit is total fallacy.  I've only ever seen new players ask it on forums and they all quickly realise it doesn't matter in the slightest.  There's maybe 1 in 1000 players who'd make some negative comment about it at a game and they're just tossers to be ignored.

completely correct, only time i've ever commented on someone's getup is if you see someone in all black at an outdoor game (and even then it's more jovial than critical, i aint complaining if they wanna get hit easier), or if it's some interesting camo pattern.

my current getup is the ultimate sin, i've got flecktarn, dpm, various shades of "olive", khaki, coyote and black all in the one loadout, plus i'll mix that with an fde f2000 with olive sling/sling mount and a tan sight.

i exist to be the bane of people with ocd

On 20/04/2018 at 9:59 AM, Rogerborg said:

You're just getting in ahead of the game.  The Germans have finally admitted that the G36 can't hit the broad side of a barn once the sun's out, and the Haenel CR223 is one of the candidates to replace it.  It's effectively an AR15, which is... well, you get the idea.

Haha brilliant!

Archived