Imitation Loadouts vs Personal Loadouts

steakandpotato
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

11 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

I've never been on for impressions, more keeping things simple... less gear, less weight, better decisions. I guess if you likened my style to anything I guess it would be PMC/Covert Police type at a push.

27574815_991909940956972_597087349922332672_n.jpg

What equipment and pouches do you carry on your belt ?

Thanks.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

I've heard that most knee protectors tend to work loose and slide down the leg.

Are there any that don't?

Knee pads that are integrated into the trousers (crye style)..

Everything else, as you said, tends to slide down 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

The secret to stopping them sliding down your leg is wait for it , wait for it ?????

get a set that actually fit ! :o

most players you see that say they keep sliding down don’t actually fill the knee pads themselves !

Sounds like a  really stupid thing to say , but it’s obviously a simple thing that a lot do miss but the elastic has to be under tension to stay up , if it’s not it’s going to slide down . If you’ve got ones that haven’t got buckles that you can vary the length on and they’ve only have the loop you double the elastic and Velcro back on its self through then try crossing the straps at the back of your knee , top to bottom and visa versa , this can help but if there still slipping then get your self  some good old fashioned needle and thread and shorten the elastic strap so they ARE under some tension . Simples ! :D

On 3/13/2018 at 10:16 PM, GothicGhost said:

What equipment and pouches do you carry on your belt ?

Thanks.

Belt rig has the following...

OPS D-Ring Cobra Warrior Belt (in case you also wanted to know what belt it is) (Link)

RS M&P Safariland holster

Single ESSTAC Kywi M4 pouch (Tactical-Kit)

Double ESSTAC Kywi pistol pouch (Tactical-Kit)

Tactical Tailor dump pouch

Spiritus Systems Medium GP pouch (Tactical-Kit)

Single kydex impact grenade pouch (not seen here and commonly/easily swapped out for two 40mm eagle industries pouches for my TRMR's)

I completely get the favourite colour thing… although I like all colours except pink... Even though my hair sometimes goes that colour :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I've done a few impressions over the years but also ess, cost and practicality always stopped me going the whole 9 yards

40's Cop - I was playing LA Noire alot at the time 

'Nam LRRP -  Read quite a few biographies of guys who were in the LRRP's and thought they were a cool unit. 

WW2 NCO  ... No one wants to be a bog standard Private do they?

Close Protection Agent. Because Aviators = COOL!

Screenshot_2018-04-18-20-48-00_kindlephoto-12882858.png

Screenshot_2018-04-18-20-48-58_kindlephoto-12971639.png

Screenshot_2018-04-18-20-48-49_kindlephoto-12929028.png

Screenshot_2018-04-18-20-49-57_1_kindlephoto-13008078.png

I made that mistake too. Ive actually moved a lot of stuff to my belt. Way more solid and practical than having hanging off you and flapping around.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I made that mistake too. Ive actually moved a lot of stuff to my belt. Way more solid and practical than having hanging off you and flapping around.

drop legs can be all right if you set them up right, if you have them hooked to a good belt and to quote the post i read on the topic "get those straps right up into yer nads, even pull the top strap off if you need to have kids some day"

14 hours ago, Hellfish said:

I've done a few impressions over the years but also ess, cost and practicality always stopped me going the whole 9 yards

40's Cop - I was playing LA Noire alot at the time 

'Nam LRRP -  Read quite a few biographies of guys who were in the LRRP's and thought they were a cool unit. 

WW2 NCO  ... No one wants to be a bog standard Private do they?

Close Protection Agent. Because Aviators = COOL!

Screenshot_2018-04-18-20-48-49_kindlephoto-12929028.png

Big fan of ww2 kits

• Supporters

i've found they don't need to be all that tight, having it as high as possible on the hip is what's important, lower it is the more it'll swing about.

i tend to run my pistol, molle drop leg for pistol mags and dump pouch on a seperate pistol belt. no room on the battle belt to put them there.

took a long time to get right, but my loadout works pretty nicely now

I've got 3 load outs

- MTP British Army inspired; army surplus trousers, UBAC or windproof Jacket, Osprey Mk4 and helmet cover, MTP pelvic Protector.  Rest is not surplus, M88 helmet (thought about getting a Mk6 helmet, but seemed extra weight for nothing, with the helmet cover the M88 doesn't look too far off.  Mechanix gloves and green and black hiking boots, full face wire protection and googles.

- DPM British Army inspired; army surplus trousers, wind proof Jacket or waterproof jacket, Assault vest or PLCE Webbing and helmet cover. M88 helmet Mechanix gloves and green and black hiking boots, , full face wire protection and googles.

- Indoor CBQ; Midnight Camo Trousers and Hoodie.  Black plate carrier. Black leather trainers. Black M88 Helmet Valken Paintball mask.

Will probably wear the MTP pelvic Protector for CBQ until I can get a black one made

• Supporters
On 11/03/2018 at 7:58 PM, Robert James said:

Me in action today. I usually tend to wear my under armour as a long sleeve type thing. Great day out and got some compliments on my load out which was great 

Your PC is riding a bit low mate. Other than that it looks pretty good! :D

10 hours ago, Gepard said:

Your PC is riding a bit low mate. Other than that it looks pretty good! :D

Mind that the back is to sit lower than the front, it shouldn't be in line.

12 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i've found they don't need to be all that tight, having it as high as possible on the hip is what's important, lower it is the more it'll swing about.

i tend to run my pistol, molle drop leg for pistol mags and dump pouch on a seperate pistol belt. no room on the battle belt to put them there.

took a long time to get right, but my loadout works pretty nicely now

Just do leg day 4x a week at the gym whilst eating like a champion and you'll be fine

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Corky2110 said:

Mind that the back is to sit lower than the front, it shouldn't be in line.

Where did you learn that? If your rear panel is lower than the front how is it supposed to protect your vital organs? 

It should be in line with the front, not sagging.

5 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Where did you learn that? If your rear panel is lower than the front how is it supposed to protect your vital organs? 

It should be in line with the front, not sagging.

Military buddies, they say the way you stand lines them back up or something.
I don't know the full specifics, just what they were taught.

Also I don't mean half way down your back, I'm talking like 2-4" lower, not much.

• Supporters

From DuPont’s web site .

Front plate: top of the sternum while standing and covering the entirety of each nipple. For best fit, the plate should not impinge on the shoulder when presenting a weapon.

Rear plate: Should lie no lower than an inch below your vertebral prominence. A back plate one size larger than a chest plate is optimal.

87BEF56D-D60C-4103-926F-33AA17DAE3CF.jpeg

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Its only Airsoft so its more about comfort and how it looks than it being 100% correctly positioned. 

Spot on mate , reason I put the pics up , hopefully stops the ‘discussions’ on who’s right or who’s wrong if there’s a definitive set of instructions posted up , shows how there meant to be worn , so by that very reason anyone can say “this is what it should be , but I choose to wear them like this .”;)

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Robert James said:

Its only Airsoft so its more about comfort and how it looks than it being 100% correctly positioned. 

Absolutely. You can set up your PC however you want. It's not like we're being shot at with live ammunition. If it's more comfortable to have it where it is at the moment then brill. All the more power to you. 

I just think if you've made the effort to go out and buy a plate carrier you might as well make sure you've fit it correctly. Usually it will be more comfortable, as that's how it was designed to rest against your body. 

Did you try tightening the shoulder straps to bring the panels closer together? There was so much exess Velcro on my JPC I ended up cutting half of it off. 

I havnt started to play airsoft yet but I quite like flecktarn camo. 

I'm probably going to get a few bits in that but stick to an M4 type gun initially.

Was worried about it "not looking right" but you guys have put my mind at ease! Haha

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Craigmc1983 said:

I havnt started to play airsoft yet but I quite like flecktarn camo. 

I'm probably going to get a few bits in that but stick to an M4 type gun initially.

Was worried about it "not looking right" but you guys have put my mind at ease! Haha

i regularly run flecktarn and an m4, nobody notices, which is good because that means the camo is working :ph34r:

On 13/03/2018 at 9:51 PM, emilianoksa said:

USA Bijans don't budge at all.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Craigmc1983 said:

You're just getting in ahead of the game.  The Germans have finally admitted that the G36 can't hit the broad side of a barn once the sun's out, and the Haenel CR223 is one of the candidates to replace it.  It's effectively an AR15, which is... well, you get the idea.

Archived