Imitation Loadouts vs Personal Loadouts

steakandpotato
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Heh, my edc belt is made of scuba webbing (had a strip left from some scuba gear fixes and I needed a belt :P), I glued it, sewing is really hard and you need like a titanium spear to punch through it xD

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These belt ideas you have sound fantastic @Arwen, you gotta show them off when you're done.

Guest StrategyBish

I tend to build my load outs based around the role I play in the team.

For milsims I am a medic. I run an RG JPC with various misc pouches to carry medical supplies/snacks. I try to keep the kit as "rattle free" as possible as I tend to be running sliding and crawling to get to hit players a lot so no wobble is a big benefit for me. I also am part of a "Sniper Ops" team so run a full custom leaf suit which I made myself and use webbing which is disguised accordingly to hide in amongst the foliage. with my leaf suit.

so in answer to the original post I design my load outs to perform a job not necessarily to match anyone in particular.

27858352_10214285999880162_1628149917008121584_n.jpg

Nice random pic of forrest there...

...WAITAMINUTE!?!?!?

:P

Now that's a proper leaf suit!

Think of picking one up myself and mod it to meet my speshul needs :)

2 hours ago, StrategyBish said:

snip

27858352_10214285999880162_1628149917008121584_n.jpg

So much WANT lol
Thank god my ghillie was a freebie as I know it wont match my surroundings like this lol
Ah well, Got a base to make a custom one now :D

22 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

So much WANT lol
Thank god my ghillie was a freebie as I know it wont match my surroundings like this lol
Ah well, Got a base to make a custom one now :D

You will if you add the surrounding gameplay woodlands to your existing ghillie. Stuff twigs with leaves and loads of drys leaves, roll it around and get people to cram it all up in there! (That's what she said.) You can see a lot of fresh shrubbery on his outfit.

Guest StrategyBish
2 hours ago, Duff said:

You will if you add the surrounding gameplay woodlands to your existing ghillie. Stuff twigs with leaves and loads of drys leaves, roll it around and get people to cram it all up in there! (That's what she said.) You can see a lot of fresh shrubbery on his outfit.

You will be surprised to here nothing on my suit is fresh. It is all synthetic dyed and painted by myself.

• Supporters

i'm not rich enough to have a tailored loadout, i just cobble together what works from amazon's bargain basement of pouches belts and webbing.

tbh i mostly run a belt setup, 6 quick mag holders, dump pouch at the back, double pistol mag pouch (for speedloader and a grenade) and a pair of triple pouches (one for odin speedloader and the other for whatever i need it for), with a harness for preventing the belt dropping (means i can have it looser which i find more comfy)

then just nuprol drop leg for the pistol and a molle drop leg on the other side for the mags.

but i'm terrible for matching, currently i'm mainly flektarn with the odd splash of dpm and od, must work though given the number of "how the **** did he not see me!?" moments i get.

I have done both sides of the coin. 

My first ever airsoft loadout was a full British impression for around the 2010-15 era. Then I switched to a more personalised look with a mix of dpm and olive kit. 

Recentky it's been a bit more of a what I could afford getting back into the game. So tan and black, chest rig and cap. 

Now I am working on something a bit different in the guise of a impression/reenactment kit for a British soldier from the ox and bucks light infantry during ww2. Full glider borne infantry look. It's a personal thing as i was a Royal Green Jacket and I'm a bit of a ww2 history fan. So it's combining my love of history with the history of my regiment. 

Thats as long as I can keep my attention away from m4's and all the mods. It's hard when your best bet for a airsoft weapon will be a sten gun. 

• Supporters

There's a middle ground to be had for those who want an effective airsoft kit and for it to be 'impression correct', wear what you need to for the game and don't carry the sh*t you don't.  But the sh*t you do need... make sure it fits the impression you do!

On the other hand, don't wear osprey. 

IMG_1582.JPG

Personally, I had black on black for a while but didn't really like the chafing the jeans were giving so adopted a camo look. It didn't really help in cqb as I was never outside. So I was browsing one day and saw the CTSFO or CTFSO can never remember which way around it is. I couldn't afford the £1000+ load out so went for a poor man's load out of it. Just missing the patches and a few other little things now.

i have a mouth mesh sewn onto my balaclava, I had an over the bottom half of my face one but didn't want to "ruin" the effect of the balaclava. I asked the person who does the mouth mesh how it stays in and he said most of the time it stays due to the balaclava but mine isn't tight fit so it slipped out of place. Got hit on the mouth recently and it's fine, also took one to the cheek and still have all of my teeth.

IMG_20180131_223928.thumb.jpg.5b255ff495199b34b83a1a201ee60352.jpg

• Supporters
On 3/11/2018 at 12:27 AM, Robert James said:

Personally, I had black on black for a while but didn't really like the chafing the jeans were giving so adopted a camo look. It didn't really help in cqb as I was never outside. So I was browsing one day and saw the CTSFO or CTFSO can never remember which way around it is. I couldn't afford the £1000+ load out so went for a poor man's load out of it. Just missing the patches and a few other little things now.

Liking the loadout mate can see you’ve actually put some thought in too it and not just chucked some grey kit on and said “look at me ! I’m an anti-terrorist officer !” Too which one would reply

“ nope no ya not !” Only change I would suggest is long sleeves , not having a pop mate but I’ve seen more meat in a vegan restaurant that your arms ! :P

6 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Liking the loadout mate can see you’ve actually put some thought in too it and not just chucked some grey kit on and said “look at me ! I’m an anti-terrorist officer !” Too which one would reply

“ nope no ya not !” Only change I would suggest is long sleeves , not having a pop mate but I’ve seen more meat in a vegan restaurant that your arms ! :P

It's the lighting I swear 

I have a very basic approach to my kit. I don't follow or copy anything, I just wear what works. I play woodland and often tear kit so I just buy cheap & easy to replace.

OD UBACS, DPM trousers, surplus boots, RICAS plate carrier (So I can change to any kind of pouches I want), MICH helmet & Heroshark face pro. Clothes wise I don't think I spent any more than £50 including boots.

I really don't think too deeply about what I wear because I enjoy Airsoft for the fun element, I don't take it seriously or consider it a sport, It's just fun & a bit of a mild Adrenalin day out with my son.

Picture detail: I'm the one on the right (That's my offspring on the left)

received_10155912454338489.jpeg

I like your kit.

But I like more the philosophy behind it..

Simple, you have what you need, looks good..

23 hours ago, Skara said:

I like your kit.

But I like more the philosophy behind it..

Simple, you have what you need, looks good..

I've never been on for impressions, more keeping things simple... less gear, less weight, better decisions. I guess if you likened my style to anything I guess it would be PMC/Covert Police type at a push.

27574815_991909940956972_597087349922332672_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Its a Systema one one of the varying forms I have the upper/lower configured in

It looks good. I'm in the market for a new M4 and can't decide. Looking at the Nuprol one atm.

4 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

It looks good. I'm in the market for a new M4 and can't decide. Looking at the Nuprol one atm.

Couldnt comment on nuprol but for slightly more you could look into the recoil world. CQBR packages seem to be the most popular these days (my brother currently has one) I preferred the 416

4 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Couldnt comment on nuprol but for slightly more you could look into the recoil world. CQBR packages seem to be the most popular these days (my brother currently has one) I preferred the 416

I'll have to have a look around. I'm not too fussed about recoil or anything. I want to get like the most generic looking M4 you can get and then modify and upgrade it

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

I'll have to have a look around. I'm not too fussed about recoil or anything. I want to get like the most generic looking M4 you can get and then modify and upgrade it

Have a look at the Specna Arms range. Good, solid guns out of the box. Minimal tweaking needed to make them really good!

Archived