Bullpup AEG?

Hoozy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just got home from the first big outdoor game with the AUG and I’m really disappointed. 

Chrono’d in at 270fps with .20s.

Range and accuracy was nowhere near as good as my stock Cyma £100 m4 plastic thing. 

Bb’s fall inside the body and rattle around all day. And the trigger kept jamming.

Might be getting sent back unfortunetly..

• Supporters

If you can stretch your budget there's an ICS L85 being sold for £260 in the classified section. It's a very good out of the box bullpup. 

5 hours ago, Hoozy said:

Just got home from the first big outdoor game with the AUG and I’m really disappointed. 

Chrono’d in at 270fps with .20s.

Range and accuracy was nowhere near as good as my stock Cyma £100 m4 plastic thing. 

Bb’s fall inside the body and rattle around all day. And the trigger kept jamming.

Might be getting sent back unfortunetly..

Stock aug's usually have good stock range and decent accuracy out of the box.

I'm wondering up you got some older stock or a returned gun. Out of the box JG augs normally shoot at 330-360 fps new.

You might also have an airseal problem. It was split and put back together by yourself, So if there's a problem there you might have caused it. The plastic ring on the front of the hop if not correctly installed will cause a lot of problems. It may also have a simple problem like a split bucking. It's one of the reasons I steered you away from second hand, The system is simple but it has to be put together carefully because everything floats a little.

The BB's getting into the body is only a problem if you do slow mag changes or change mags with the gun up or at an angle, It's caused because there are always a few BB's in the feed tube even on an empty mag. If your changes are done at an angle, or slowly it gives those BB's chance to roll out into the upper part of the magwell then they drop in the body. There are other ways to stop it as well like adding some card plates over the larger magwell holes. I've not had BB's in the body for a long time. Clearing BB's is done by splitting the gun, inverting the body and shaking. It sounds to me like you split the gun with a mag in, and filled the body with BB's.

Trigger sticking. That is an odd one. The aug trigger is just a bar on a spring, that pushes on normal trigger on the gearbox. Never seen one lock up. You might of trapped a BB in the mechanism.

Without knowing a great deal about the internals of these, if I split the gun and look into the stock side, where the inner barrel ends there is another black barrel type thing around it, the end of this black barrel is slightly deformed. Could this be the cause? Attached a photo for reference.

If not, could you suggest some things to try/check before I email Patrolbase and do a winge :rolleyes:

Edit: This is the first time i’ve split the gun since I had the issue of putting it back together.

17EE4074-1F86-40B0-91D4-E3D6F26CC87F.jpeg

It's got no airseal nozzle.... None at all!!!!

Did a tube fall out of it, or did it crunch at any point?

I suspect this is a factory mistake, Show them that picture.

What you are looking at there.

40308933464_13afe0ab7a_o.gif

Orange - hop adjust/Brass eject baffles

Green - gearbox

Blue - Magwell plate, and Mag feed tube

Pink - Splitting pin slides

Yellow - Trigger bar

Red - .... Red

Well red should have an airseal nozzle, It should be poking out 24.7mm.

What you can actually see is the tappet plate (black) and the screw that holds the piston in place (don't touch it).

Nothing fell out or crunched at any point, I was especially careful as I was really looking forward to this gun! 

That does explain the lack of FPS I would think :(

Thanks, I’ll contact them tomorrow!

It explains everything in regard to:

0 accuracy, Poor FPS, And perhaps even a few BB's getting into the body.

Get them called up and tell them it's a manufacturer fault, Show the pictures, Ask for a new gun shipped and that one to be collected at the same time in exchange. Don't let them offer a repair. You paid for new, not tinkered with.

If they haven't got another one in stock and offer a repair ask for this part to be fitted. Aug airseal nozzles can be a bit funny in terms of variable lengths, but this one is right.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-piston-piston-cylinder-heads/asg-ultimate-aug-series-air-nozzle.htm#.Wri3y3_TVes

Also since they now have to open the gearbox to do work, I would ask if they can do some upgrades.

Ask for the gearbox to be correctly shimmed,
and for the plastic bushing to be replaced by metal ones at your cost.

They have the correct bushings for £7

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-gears-gearbox/keen-sharp-bushing-set-7mm.htm#.Wri5a3_TVes

Also expect them to chrono the gun to 340fps. Request this, They have to open the gearbox to tinker, you expect the gun will come back at the correct factory spec.

I would also enquire about a metal spring guide, And silent head set. Not essential items, but they would improve the lifespan, and reduce noise a little. They might not have a silent head set in stock if they don't it's not going to be a problem.

On 3/26/2018 at 1:50 PM, Hoozy said:

So I’ve just rang and the bloke on the phone was nice and polite about it. He said it was very odd and to send it back for a full refund :lol:

If you are still looking, Pro airsoft supplies are blowing out TM AUG High Cycles for £225, the best AUG AEG on the market. 

44 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

If you are still looking, Pro airsoft supplies are blowing out TM AUG High Cycles for £225, the best AUG AEG on the market. 

Thanks man, but this experience has completely put me off them :(

Gonna go for a CM16 Raider 2.0 as soon as the refund comes through.

25 minutes ago, Hoozy said:

Thanks man, but this experience has completely put me off them :(

Gonna go for a CM16 Raider 2.0 as soon as the refund comes through.

It's a different brand and TM's are usually solid. That said though, a lot of people don't really get on with bullpup's and even if they do, it takes a while so the CM16 is a safer bet.

Raider over a TM???? 

As much as I hate bullpups that AUG pro has on sale looks pretty flipping decent!

52 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Raider over a TM???? 

As much as I hate bullpups that AUG pro has on sale looks pretty flipping decent!

He stated he's had an experience that put him off Bullpup's, hence me suggesting the CM16

19 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

He stated he's had an experience that put him off Bullpup's, hence me suggesting the CM16

I think Albiscuit is suggesting that it is not the fact it is a Bullpup that caused the problem, it was just a bad example of a RIF. The fact it is a bullpup should have no bearing in this case as it can happen to any style of AEG.  

£225 for any Tokyo Marui is damn cheap and you get one heck of a RIF. 

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

it was just a bad example of a RIF

Yup, Poor QC by JG, It's a shame because Augs are good guns. I wouldn't have a 2nd if I thought they had major problems.

There is no point in attempting to change the OP's mind about them however, It's his first gun, He got a bad one. I'd struggle in the same situation to find the confidence to pick up another. IMO it's best to let the thread die, and have the OP pursue a different model. He might pick one up again in the future, or see one at a game and ask to shoot it and decide it's time to try it again. For the time been I see no reason to try change his mind it's not a world ending situation to be in.

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I think Albiscuit is suggesting that it is not the fact it is a Bullpup that caused the problem, it was just a bad example of a RIF. The fact it is a bullpup should have no bearing in this case as it can happen to any style of AEG.  

I'm aware of that, but I also stated that a lot of people don't really get on with bullpup's due to the nature of the ergonomics. Hence why I suggested something standard

2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Was in Pro today. that AUG is probably the nicest bullpup I have seen. Feels right to hold too. Balances out well. The Scar bullpup kit was terrible, felt all off balance and too short.

Archived