Staying dry on the field? Is issued Gore-Tex stuff good?

Skara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, Skara said:

Alright..

I found a website https://strikeforcesupplies.com

That has the MTP ones, new, still in their packages..

Plus they have a really nice multicam hoodie :P

Is it a good website?

If not I'll proceed with british military surplus and their DPM set.

In the meantime I'll try to get a camo poncho asap, I need it for this Sunday and the shipping from UK to Italy takes about 2 weeks :(

Found one in a-tacs fg for about €25 shipped..

By hoody do you mean hooded smock?

The QM won’t be happy with you calling it a hoody

Goretex etc can be ‘crunchy’ a smock is a hooded jacket, you can spray it with waterproofing and depending on the generation it could have some warmer lining etc

17 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

By hoody do you mean hooded smock?

The QM won’t be happy with you calling it a hoody

Goretex etc can be ‘crunchy’ a smock is a hooded jacket, you can spray it with waterproofing and depending on the generation it could have some warmer lining etc

No, I meant a proper casual wear hoodie in multicam lol..

http://strikeforcesupplies.com/product/mtp-multicam-fleece-hoodie-zip-front/

I don't need jackets/parkas with lining, I have a ton of mid layers to wear, both fleece and materials like primaloft, I just need a really good and light waterproof hardshell with a decent membrane (be it Gore-Tex or something else, but needs to be a fabric, not a coating)..

Coatings will come off eventually and what really makes a piece of clothing waterproof is the fabric and taped seams..

Hey, there's a fair in my town atm and I've come across a good dpm goretex jacket..

It's the dpm, mvp liner..

A little search on google told me it's a proper Gore-Tex jacket, without pockets, and the "liner" part means that it should be worn under camo/other clothes to reduce the noise..

Taped seams and big flap to shed rain away from the zipper...

Is it a decent bargain at £40?

Remember, I live in Italy, shipping from the UK is about £30 :)

There is also a german flecktarn parka in sympatex (which according to the internet is better than Gore-Tex) for around £30/33..

Which one should I go for?

Update: went for the dpm one, it's Gore-Tex so something I trust and know fairly well..

Jacket's almost brand new..

Btw it's raining hard here, so I even get to test it :D

Wait wot?

Archived