what real-steel platform, would you say is best suited to airsoft?

Josh95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

With most fields being swarmed with 80% m4's with a sprinkle of g36's,

you have to wonder. Is that because that platform is so well suited to airsoft? or because it is just a popular gun in media. 

Obviously in airsoft a lot of factors that make a real-steal gun good, are completely omitted. Factors such as: recoil, over heating, calibre, rate of fire.... ect... 

For me, the only factors a platform can offer over another in terms of airsoft are (weight, ergonomics, barrel length in ratio with gun length).

So what platform do you think is best suited to airsoft and why?

I think it’s a combination of things. The M4 is the ‘hero’s gun’ (...if we overlook all of their friendly fire those Americans are so fond of..)  it’s THE military firearm which is so widespread in movies and video games. If you want to do an impression look, there’s a good chance it’s an M4 you need. 

In terms of what platform is best for airsoft, I’d say a scar L. It takes the most popular mags, it has a good cheek weld compared to more compact guns like the mp5, it has a relatively short frame without all of the barrel extensions and has a folding and adjustable stock. The iron sights are good and there’s enough rail space to fit whatever you need. 

The M4 is the go-to primary, but I'm going to swing leftfield here a bit, and say that the HK MP7 makes a brilliant airsoft gun - lightweight, compact, high magazine capacity, extending stock. The only downside to the MP7 is the lack of cross compatible mags. If you run out of ammo on the field, there's no borrowing someone's mag like you can with an M4.

If you play at larger, longer engagement distant sites that permit 500fps semi auto though, a well set up SR25 will give you an edge and tip the playing fields in your favour, without the hassle of a heavy bolt action sniper.

• Supporters

Think the reason you do see so many M4’types’ is simply the huge selection of them .

I bet If I was to hang a bog roll on a hook in a safezone and said “every one take a square and right what’s the perfect Airsoft gun” I’d have nearly as many different guns listed as there’s sheets on the roll !

It’s SUCH a subjective topic of conversation that me personally I think there is no ‘perfect’ platform as I’m sure most will agree what ever you like is THE perfect platform (for you any way !) 

my idea keeps chang:blink:ing  like the bloody seasons ! 

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Think the reason you do see so many M4’types’ is simply the huge selection of them .

I bet If I was to hang a bog roll on a hook in a safezone and said “every one take a square and right what’s the perfect Airsoft gun” I’d have nearly as many different guns listed as there’s sheets on the roll !

It’s SUCH a subjective topic of conversation that me personally I think there is no ‘perfect’ platform as I’m sure most will agree what ever you like is THE perfect platform (for you any way !) 

my idea keeps chang:blink:ing  like the bloody seasons ! 

Plus AR15s are so plentiful and UK laws are so lax, there's a ton of RS furniture you can get for them too. Customisation options are endless.

• Moderators

im common, i like my M4 and Glk 17.....:D

but then i like most of my AEGs as they serve a purpose, they fire little white balls of plastic at other people trying to do the same :)

my first AEG was the ICS transform4, not an M4 exact but 'based' on it, then i actually got the M4.....but like mentioned i can swap a lot of bits around except with my G33F

17 hours ago, Josh95 said:

With most fields being swarmed with 80% m4's with a sprinkle of g36's,

you have to wonder. Is that because that platform is so well suited to airsoft? or because it is just a popular gun in media. 

Obviously in airsoft a lot of factors that make a real-steal gun good, are completely omitted. Factors such as: recoil, over heating, calibre, rate of fire.... ect... 

For me, the only factors a platform can offer over another in terms of airsoft are (weight, ergonomics, barrel length in ratio with gun length).

So what platform do you think is best suited to airsoft and why?

Vector, like you said, makes no real difference in Airsoft, and I like ugly

CQB

3kVOKV4.jpg

Rifle 

5d66cEd.jpg

Archived