Bringing my Airsoft replica to the UK and comply to UK'S VCRA - Is my gun orange enough?

Flo-con
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

If it were me I'd fully disassemble it, scatter the parts across different boxes, and not say a word.  You're not going to be stopped, they're not going to tear apart your entire belongings, and even if they do, where's the realistic imitation firearm?

i thought this, but imagine if the one time they did do a random search, better to be safe

• Supporters

It's importing.

You need defence if it's not a two tone.

When I moved here, I two-toned one of my guns, by changing the stock, foregrip, barrel to bright green, brought that with me, then used that to play the 3 games to get my UKARA number. I then printed a letter to customs explaining that these are airsoft guns, I know VCRA here is my UKARA number as defence, my phone number, etc and put that in the box of my airsoft guns when a carrier company brought them to the UK with a van.

The letter was not in the box when it arrived but got no call from them.

Legally you just need a valid Defence under the act to import it, just as per purchasing.

Stripping it down and separating the parts would be a form of smuggling, but there should be no need to do so.

The UKARA is just one Defence put together by the airsoft retail community, so you don’t legally have to have ukara membership.  It’s just a way for the UKARA retailers to check you on a list

As you are an established air softer and assuming your intent is to play airsoft in the UK on insured airsoft sites then you meet the legal requirement to import a RIF, and as you are travelling into the UK.

Your temporary bright IF painting should not be necessary but it would make it easier for you if they take note of what you are bringing into the UK

Thanks. I did see a lot of comments around that being UKARA registered wasn't a necessity but it would make it easier to prove my defense.

I have taken part in countless airsoft games for the past 9 years in France but I don't have a single receipt. I may have a few photos in which my face would be recognizable but would that be enough? I absolutely intend to play airsoft in the UK.

To avoid trouble at any cost, I have decided to turn my airsoft gun into a two-toned imitation firearm.

I will have my other guns sent to me when I am UKARA registered.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Flo-con said:

It anyone is ever interested, I ended up playing it safe by mailing the Airsoft gun to someone in the UK who is UKARA registered. Turns out the package wasn't checked at all but at least it was done right.

Smart move. Where are you based and when is your first UK skirmish?

• 2 months later...
On 12/07/2018 at 12:18, Duff said:

Smart move. Where are you based and when is your first UK skirmish?

Sorry for not answering sooner... I had missed the notification.

I'm based in central London. I've done my first game in Bunker 41. It was alright but as expected too packed. Looking to go elsewhere but the offering in London is not great as far as I can tell. And without a car, it can take a while to get to sites 😕 I want to give "The Mall" a try though.

10 minutes ago, Flo-con said:

Sorry for not answering sooner... I had missed the notification.

I'm based in central London. I've done my first game in Bunker 41. It was alright but as expected too packed. Looking to go elsewhere but the offering in London is not great as far as I can tell. And without a car, it can take a while to get to sites 😕 I want to give "The Mall" a try though.

Hey mate. 

Check out my SE Tour Diary entries in the Skirmish review section of these forums. I am slowly getting around all the sites within commutable or driveable distance from central London. 

The easiest sites to get to with public transport with a little bit of walking from London are: Bunker 51, Red 1 Chislehurst, Tactical Warfare Croydon (Its terrible), Airsoft Billericay, Airsoft Plantation (Highly recommended), Tech brigade, Reforger, Red 1 The school. 

It is possible to get to the Mall fairly easily as it's one train and a very short walk. However it will be closing at the end of the year. So get in before it does! 

Archived