what m4 hop unit/rubber/nub are you using?

mimozine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys i got an m4 with a hop unit that just ain't working (its a very strange setup the nub seems to be fixed to the hop arm). i need to get a replacment and was wondering what people find are a good combination of hop unit, rubber and nub? 

I use a TM hop rubber in my ICS M4 with the std ICS unit.I've tried other "performance" rubbers  but I always go back to the TM.

With others I've had them rip and even  wear too quickly in comparison to the TM.

• Moderators

as above, my ICS guns have the same set up

For a 350 FPS gun I’ve found you can’t beat a maple leaf 60 bucking and omega nub. 

Prommie purple bucking and nub In a stock hop. Worked brilliantly in my ics l85 and cxp ape. 

Retro Arms Rotary hop up unit, prommie black bucking and a prommie flat nub live in my M4.

Combined with a delta strike barrel.

Works pretty well I use .30 BBs but it can lift .40 (which are waaay to expensive for an M4 :rolleyes: )

On 3/6/2018 at 11:43 AM, mimozine said:

hi guys i got an m4 with a hop unit that just ain't working (its a very strange setup the nub seems to be fixed to the hop arm). i need to get a replacment and was wondering what people find are a good combination of hop unit, rubber and nub? 

Depends on your actual AEG.  Best to Google your make and model to see what others are saying.  Even Chinese made Prowin / rotary style hops are slightly different to actual Prowin units.  Best produced Chinese model at the moment is the ZCI branded aluminium rotary, quality is top notich, much better than the SHS. 

I did hear Prowin now casts it's units but not seen one up close so can't confirm it, not that should make too much difference in performance. 

Guest scalawag
22 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

I did hear Prowin now casts it's units but not seen one up close so can't confirm it, not that should make too much difference in performance. 

I have just bought 2 Prowins from Dave's Custom Airsoft.  I had to wait for him to get a delivery in so I would assume that these are fairly fresh off the Prowin production line, and I can confirm that both were CNC'd not cast.

They are a really high quality item all round.

Archived