CamelBak clip adaptors?

Readman97
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Post a picture please, so we can understand what you mean with "clips" xD

Is that the hose clips to route the hose around your vest and you may want MOLLE clips around the vest or the mounting system for the actual CamelBak?

If it’s just the routing then the easy option is zip ties or strips of double sided Velcro 

398BC377-A10E-4FB2-8206-B35F6785CC7C.png

16 hours ago, Skara said:

Post a picture please, so we can understand what you mean with "clips" xD

Plastic buckles.

The size of the buckle on the CamelBak is 1", the buckle on the vest is 1.5" I need some kind of adaper to turn the 1.5" buckle into a 1" buckle

IMG_20180305_193638376.jpg

Or swap those 1" buckles for 1.5" ones.. So that you can attach your camel to other rigs ;)

6 minutes ago, Skara said:

Or swap those 1" buckles for 1.5" ones.. So that you can attach your camel to other rigs ;)

Taken my assault vest to an alterations shop to get the 1.5" buckles taken off and 1" buckles fitted

You should have done the other way round..

Now you have a vest that can only fit THAT camelbak instead of a camelbak that will fit onto multiple vests..

Just now, Skara said:

You should have done the other way round..

Now you have a vest that can only fit THAT camelbak instead of a camelbak that will fit onto multiple vests..

I'm going to make some adapters when I get chance, quite happy with that rig, comfortable, breathable, plenty of pockets, it's the DPM operations vest so good enough for what I need.

• Supporters

I really doesn't matter much what way around you do these things, you can buy all sorts of ITW side release buckles in every size for literally pennies each at various stockists of raw materials for tac gear.

Unless the straps are ‘stretched’ to keep it flat to you then a clip on camelbak could be bouncing on your back and could be annoying (it would be to me)

I can highly recommend a visit to your local haberdashery shop where whilst attempting to be too sexist the ladies will be helpful in converting it for you or advising on what to use to de stitch and resew suitable clips

I recommend the latter

To quote the Army’s CGS a few years ago - “sewing is a basic military skill”

5 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Unless the straps are ‘stretched’ to keep it flat to you then a clip on camelbak could be bouncing on your back and could be annoying (it would be to me)

I can highly recommend a visit to your local haberdashery shop where whilst attempting to be too sexist the ladies will be helpful in converting it for you or advising on what to use to de stitch and resew suitable clips

I recommend the latter

To quote the Army’s CGS a few years ago - “sewing is a basic military skill”

They clips on my vest are on adjustable straps so can get it nice and tight, took the vest to my local alterations shop, quoted a fiver for the buckles fitting so can't complain at saving me trying to thread the sodding needle lol.

5 minutes ago, Readman97 said:

They clips on my vest are on adjustable straps so can get it nice and tight, took the vest to my local alterations shop, quoted a fiver for the buckles fitting so can't complain at saving me trying to thread the sodding needle lol.

You lose on a man skill (it’s not girly to sew when you consider how pathetic it is to not be capable, you just do it with man stuff)

But if it gets the job done and works without falling apart then you’re on a winner

Just now, Tommikka said:

You lose on a man skill (it’s not girly to sew when you consider how pathetic it is to not be capable, you just do it with man stuff)

But if it gets the job done and works without falling apart then you’re on a winner

With it baring a fair bit of weight full of water, I'd rather have some faith in the job lol, never have been good at sewing

Archived