Siege

Returning player in Reading area

Just now, Siege said:

Eventually but I need to get UKARA stuff out of the way first. MilSim is my main attraction to the sport but can't find anywhere local that holds regular games to get the UKARA that way.

Where do you live?

Just now, steakandpotato said:

Where do you live?

Reading. I don't mind travelling for a few hours to big events since I'll probably keep those down to probably 1 every other month and keep the mall as my regular place to just skirmish.

1 minute ago, Siege said:

Reading. I don't mind travelling for a few hours to big events since I'll probably keep those down to probably 1 every other month and keep the mall as my regular place to just skirmish.

The Mall runs games every week which you can use to get a UKARA.

1 minute ago, steakandpotato said:

The Mall runs games every week which you can use to get a UKARA.

Yeah I'm gonna be playing their routinely. I understand and support the reasoning behind it fully, but it sucks that you have to play at a site for over 2 months before you can get the UKARA. That is a lot of money in rental gear that could be going to something more permanent.

1 minute ago, Siege said:

Yeah I'm gonna be playing their routinely. I understand and support the reasoning behind it fully, but it sucks that you have to play at a site for over 2 months before you can get the UKARA. That is a lot of money in rental gear that could be going to something more permanent.

It's beneficial if you have a group to go with. I've only rented once. The other games I played with teammate's guns and my own camo. Made it considerably cheaper.

13 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

It's beneficial if you have a group to go with. I've only rented once. The other games I played with teammate's guns and my own camo. Made it considerably cheaper.

I have all my own camo and gear through my work already, it's just the AEG that is the main barrier at the moment. I only personally know one other person who plays and he is up in Lincolnshire so the chance we will have to play together will be extremely limited.

9 hours ago, Siege said:

I have all my own camo and gear through my work already, it's just the AEG that is the main barrier at the moment. I only personally know one other person who plays and he is up in Lincolnshire so the chance we will have to play together will be extremely limited.

That's unfortunate. You'll just have to grin and bear it  

1 hour ago, steakandpotato said:

That's unfortunate. You'll just have to grin and bear it  

That's the plan at the moment unfortunetly 

3 hours ago, Siege said:

That's the plan at the moment unfortunetly 

You'll get there in the end.

Got a second game booked at the mall for this Sunday too now thanks to a cancellation

7 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

First game there?

First game will be this Thursday night. Didn't plan on booking two games so close but found out earlier this week that an old friend is actually playing there on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Siege said:

First game will be this Thursday night. Didn't plan on booking two games so close but found out earlier this week that an old friend is actually playing there on Sunday.

I was thinking about Thursday but doubt I can be bothered to make the effort after work. Will hopefully be around Sunday if you want to say hello.

1 hour ago, Siege said:

Well me and my mate will be there even if Trigger doesn't show. I'm excited to use my pistol for the first time.

On 13/03/2018 at 7:10 PM, Siege said:

I had a great night, how did you fair mate?

On 16/03/2018 at 2:38 AM, Duff said:

I had a great night, how did you fair mate?

Sorry for the late reply. I had a blast, had to leave before the last game because I had work early the next day. Learnt a few lessons, fogging was an issue I'm going to have to start trying to overcome, looking at trying anti-fog wipes to see if that helps. The rental AEG wasn't actually too bad, had a minor issue with the safety not having a positive click on semi so it caught me out at the start of a couple of games when I thought it was on semi but wasn't quite right. 

I did have plans to play the mall again with a group of friends this past Sunday but the snow had other ideas for me :( Thankfully the guys at Zed let me move my booking to April 1st so that'll be my next game.

Out of interest, when I played it was semi-auto only, is this common place for The Mall? I think I would prefer it that way rather than full auto.

10 minutes ago, Siege said:

Out of interest, when I played it was semi-auto only, is this common place for The Mall? I think I would prefer it that way rather than full auto.

Most of the time yeah.

Sometimes they allow auto down the main concourse.

The last time I played (back in January! :( ) They allowed full auto everywhere for the last game, but only in bursts.

I do prefer semi-only everywhere, but full auto has its place.

53 minutes ago, Siege said:

It is a semi auto site in general. On occasion a full auto game is allowed if players want but that is rare.

14 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I do prefer semi-only everywhere, but full auto has its place.

Yeah and thankfully that place isn't at the Mall. Lasers are also perma-banned from site and most of the time strobe lights are not allowed, should there be any photo-sensitive players in attendance. I have a huge amount of respect for the guys who run ZedAdventures and marshall their games.