Returning player in Reading area

Siege
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get a couple of people to say hi to before I have my first game at The Mall. I know a similar thread is currently active but didn't want to hijack it.

I played air soft for a brief period about 10 years ago, but ended up giving it up because I was in my mid-teens at the time and I didn't like the restrictions that came with that, both the rule restrictions and money, transport etc. I haven't got any dates booked yet but I'm looking to play a Thursday night game in the next couple of weeks or so. The Mall is only a 10 minute drive from my house and has a lot of good reviews so it will probably be my regular site as long as I enjoy it. I've ordered my own eye and face protection to take with me as I imagine the rental stuff is probably that nasty black plastic stuff I was so fond of when I first played :P Speaking of which does anybody know what rental guns are available at the Mall?

If anyone is heading to the Mall on a Thursday in the next 2 or 3 weeks and doesn't mind a new face tagging along then definitely drop me a reply :D

Cheers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and Welcome!
Unfortunately I'm in Staffordshire so I won't be arriving there for a while lol.

But damn you are on the best forum for players at The Mall lol.
Hope your first game back goes well! and welcome back to the hobby! :)

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Yeah, this may as well be called 'The Mall Fan Club Forum'

I've never seen anyone say a bad word about it :D

If you want to try a bit of woodland then have a look at 'Absolute Airsoft' just outside Reading.

I'll be there again one Sunday this month.

• Supporters

I raise your ear, and offer a nipple shot in exchange. Worse when your wearing a harness and it starts to rub for the rest of the day.

Seriously, worst pain I have had airsofting, and I have been shot everywhere and bled, but this was always the worst.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I raise your ear, and offer a nipple shot in exchange. Worse when your wearing a harness and it starts to rub for the rest of the day.

Seriously, worst pain I have had airsofting, and I have been shot everywhere and bled, but this was always the worst.

Like an extreme version of joggers nipple ouch 

• Supporters

Exactly. And I do tend to run around a lot, which makes it far worse.

I will agree though the ear(and the nose, didn’t use face pro, one time. One time.) are exceptionally painful too.

@Jedi_Master Thanks for the welcome :D

@EDcase I'll definitely be branching out to other sites after I have a UKARA and some kit sorted out, so I'll probably try Absolute Airsoft amongst a few other places. I mainly played woodland games when I played the first time around so i'll probably end up playing woodland and MilSim games a lot.

Oh and all this talk about painful shots is reminding me how much a pair of gloves helps out :D

• Head Moderator
12 hours ago, rounduk said:

Poked my hand through a door frame today and got a pistol shot point blank in the wrist.... hurt like feck :-D

Finger shots hurt like hell.  I did not play yesterday because I am missing some nail and flesh from a finger after losing a knife fight in the kitchen last week. Okay, accident while preparing veg. Ceramic knives are very sharp!

11 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Finger shots hurt like hell.  I did not play yesterday because I am missing some nail and flesh from a finger after losing a knife fight in the kitchen last week. Okay, accident while preparing veg. Ceramic knives are very sharp!

Was worried then that the missus had finally tried to get you! lol

• Head Moderator
58 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

Was worried then that the missus had finally tried to get you! lol

Her razor sharp wit and dagger stares normally do the trick without the necessity of inflicting damage. Although she does think that I have less memory retention and as easily distracted as a Labrador... squirrel

14 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

What side was you on?

Yellow...what was worse is that in the second game I snuck round a corner and was point blank with a guy, I said “I am not shooting you as I feel a bit harsh, he was cool, i’ll give you that” and took the hit.....the door frame guy wasn’t in the same camp :-D

Did you have a pig hanging from your belt? Think I saw you in the spawn towards the end of the last game, I was dude trying to get a primer out of a TRMR! (Bloody thing!)

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, rounduk said:

Yellow...what was worse is that in the second game I snuck round a corner and was point blank with a guy, I said “I am not shooting you as I feel a bit harsh, he was cool, i’ll give you that” and took the hit.....the door frame guy wasn’t in the same camp :-D

Did you have a pig hanging from your belt? Think I saw you in the spawn towards the end of the last game, I was dude trying to get a primer out of a TRMR! (Bloody thing!)

Yeah thats me I swapped to yellow team for the last half of the game to help your team break out from the regen. Also to get some retribution on greens for constantly team killing me, my own team were more dangerous than the opposition. I was also the idiot who kicked over the can of coke in the briefing lol. 

Hope I wasn't the doorframe guy though as to be fair I never surrender and always go for the shot and I shot a fair few point blank yesterday.

12 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yeah thats me I swapped to yellow team for the last half of the game to help your team break out from the regen. Also to get some retribution on greens for constantly team killing me, my own team were more dangerous than the opposition. I was also the idiot who kicked over the can of coke in the briefing lol. 

Hope I wasn't the doorframe guy though as to be fair I never surrender and always go for the shot and I shot a fair few point blank yesterday.

LOL, I like your style :-D

I was the dude that asked where the bumming room was :-D

UPDATE: Just sent an Email off to Zed Adventures to try and book a game for next Thursday night. Both excited and nervous, kind of jumping back in a bit blind. Anyone who is going to be there definitely feel free to say hello, I'll be the one looking lost :D

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Siege said:

UPDATE: Just sent an Email off to Zed Adventures to try and book a game for next Thursday night. Both excited and nervous, kind of jumping back in a bit blind. Anyone who is going to be there definitely feel free to say hello, I'll be the one looking lost :D

You will have to be more specific, 90% of the people will look lost because airsofters.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 21:31, ImTriggerHappy said:

You will have to be more specific, 90% of the people will look lost because airsofters.

Haha I'll be in a black polo with either olive or MTP trousers and brown boots, and a rental gun of course.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Siege said:

From what I've read on the site I have to pay at least 4 days before because I'm renting.

Will do, thanks  :)

That's correct bud you can reserve your place now but if you haven't paid in full 4 days before the place is released. 

I might turn up for a shoot but won't know until the day as it depends on work.

Archived