Siege

Returning player in Reading area

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get a couple of people to say hi to before I have my first game at The Mall. I know a similar thread is currently active but didn't want to hijack it.

I played air soft for a brief period about 10 years ago, but ended up giving it up because I was in my mid-teens at the time and I didn't like the restrictions that came with that, both the rule restrictions and money, transport etc. I haven't got any dates booked yet but I'm looking to play a Thursday night game in the next couple of weeks or so. The Mall is only a 10 minute drive from my house and has a lot of good reviews so it will probably be my regular site as long as I enjoy it. I've ordered my own eye and face protection to take with me as I imagine the rental stuff is probably that nasty black plastic stuff I was so fond of when I first played :P Speaking of which does anybody know what rental guns are available at the Mall?

If anyone is heading to the Mall on a Thursday in the next 2 or 3 weeks and doesn't mind a new face tagging along then definitely drop me a reply :D

Cheers

Hello and Welcome!
Unfortunately I'm in Staffordshire so I won't be arriving there for a while lol.

But damn you are on the best forum for players at The Mall lol.
Hope your first game back goes well! and welcome back to the hobby! :)

Thank you very much. Yeah it does seem to be very populated by Mall players nowadays. Not bad for me but unfortunate for others around the country.

Welcome :).

1 hour ago, Siege said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get a couple of people to say hi to before I have my first game at The Mall. I know a similar thread is currently active but didn't want to hijack it.

I played air soft for a brief period about 10 years ago, but ended up giving it up because I was in my mid-teens at the time and I didn't like the restrictions that came with that, both the rule restrictions and money, transport etc. I haven't got any dates booked yet but I'm looking to play a Thursday night game in the next couple of weeks or so. The Mall is only a 10 minute drive from my house and has a lot of good reviews so it will probably be my regular site as long as I enjoy it. I've ordered my own eye and face protection to take with me as I imagine the rental stuff is probably that nasty black plastic stuff I was so fond of when I first played :P Speaking of which does anybody know what rental guns are available at the Mall?

If anyone is heading to the Mall on a Thursday in the next 2 or 3 weeks and doesn't mind a new face tagging along then definitely drop me a reply :D

Cheers

Heh, would've been fine to post there bud but welcome (back) I'll definately be doing a Thursday night in March, might not be this week though. Had a fairly decent day today, more people, more whiners unfortunately. I saw a number of players pulled to the side by Marshalls for stern words and witnessed a few arguments between players. That said, there were a lot of cool people I met today during play.

Yeah, this may as well be called 'The Mall Fan Club Forum'

I've never seen anyone say a bad word about it :D

If you want to try a bit of woodland then have a look at 'Absolute Airsoft' just outside Reading.

I'll be there again one Sunday this month.

12 minutes ago, Duff said:

Heh, would've been fine to post there bud but welcome (back) I'll definately be doing a Thursday night in March, might not be this week though. Had a fairly decent day today, more people, more whiners unfortunately. I saw a number of players pulled to the side by Marshalls for stern words and witnessed a few arguments between players. That said, there were a lot of cool people I met today during play.

Would of said hello but no idea what you look like.  Fair assessment of the day.

6 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Would of said hello but no idea what you look like.  Fair assessment of the day.

<< I look like that!

I was the guy in the red short sleeve flannel shirt/black cap/bandana that dry fired at you after the little "I shot you-No you didn't" moment you had with my mate. I was borrowing a P90 and didn't realise I hadn't clipped the mag in properly so yeah, missed an opportunity to rinse you. Hence why I sheepishly called myself out dead and walked off lol :lol:

3 minutes ago, Duff said:

I was the guy in the red short sleeve flannel shirt/black cap/bandana that dry fired at you after the little "I shot you-No you didn't" moment you had with my mate. I was borrowing a P90 and didn't realise I hadn't clipped the mag in properly so yeah, missed an opportunity to rinse you. Hence why I sheepishly called myself out dead and walked off lol :lol:

I had a few of those today :blink:

Should of come and said hello although I was rarely in the safe zone.

I remember spotting that outfit during a brief.

57 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I had a few of those today :blink:

Should of come and said hello although I was rarely in the safe zone.

I remember spotting that outfit during a brief.

Yeah, saw lots fo red faces and wet panties, I had fun today though. I did spot the pig across the safezone just as we were heading to brief on the penultimate game of the day but never saw you after that. I'll be back to the leather bikers cut next game, after getting shot directly in the bellybutton and nearly pissing my pants I've decided I need more body armour.

I had that thought but if you think on it, the hotter you are the blood rises to the surface of the skin, the opposite happens when you're cold so in theory it should hurt less when cold.

I got shot RIGHT in the bellybutton today and that hurt like f*ck!

8 minutes ago, Duff said:

I got shot RIGHT in the bellybutton today and that hurt like f*ck!

Lol wait until you get either adam apple or one on the ear. I am so used to bb hits that I am almost immune to the sting but those two piss me right off.

Glad you enjoyed your day.

I raise your ear, and offer a nipple shot in exchange. Worse when your wearing a harness and it starts to rub for the rest of the day.

Seriously, worst pain I have had airsofting, and I have been shot everywhere and bled, but this was always the worst.

2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Lol wait until you get either adam apple or one on the ear. I am so used to bb hits that I am almost immune to the sting but those two piss me right off.

Glad you enjoyed your day.

Not likely to happen with my beard mate, could stop a 500+fps sniper at point blank range.

Back is worst for me as I have a bunch of dead nerve endings (due to a GP butchering a basic skin op a few years back) so I get all sorts of funky electro-signals when I get hit there.

5 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I raise your ear, and offer a nipple shot in exchange. Worse when your wearing a harness and it starts to rub for the rest of the day.

Seriously, worst pain I have had airsofting, and I have been shot everywhere and bled, but this was always the worst.

Like an extreme version of joggers nipple ouch 

Exactly. And I do tend to run around a lot, which makes it far worse.

I will agree though the ear(and the nose, didn’t use face pro, one time. One time.) are exceptionally painful too.

@Jedi_Master Thanks for the welcome :D

@Duff I'll probably end up there most Thursdays this month just to get the UKARA sorted out and get myself away from the rental scene 

@EDcase I'll definitely be branching out to other sites after I have a UKARA and some kit sorted out, so I'll probably try Absolute Airsoft amongst a few other places. I mainly played woodland games when I played the first time around so i'll probably end up playing woodland and MilSim games a lot.

Oh and all this talk about painful shots is reminding me how much a pair of gloves helps out :D

12 hours ago, rounduk said:

Poked my hand through a door frame today and got a pistol shot point blank in the wrist.... hurt like feck :-D

Finger shots hurt like hell.  I did not play yesterday because I am missing some nail and flesh from a finger after losing a knife fight in the kitchen last week. Okay, accident while preparing veg. Ceramic knives are very sharp!

11 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Finger shots hurt like hell.  I did not play yesterday because I am missing some nail and flesh from a finger after losing a knife fight in the kitchen last week. Okay, accident while preparing veg. Ceramic knives are very sharp!

Was worried then that the missus had finally tried to get you! lol

58 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

Was worried then that the missus had finally tried to get you! lol

Her razor sharp wit and dagger stares normally do the trick without the necessity of inflicting damage. Although she does think that I have less memory retention and as easily distracted as a Labrador... squirrel

14 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

What side was you on?

Yellow...what was worse is that in the second game I snuck round a corner and was point blank with a guy, I said “I am not shooting you as I feel a bit harsh, he was cool, i’ll give you that” and took the hit.....the door frame guy wasn’t in the same camp :-D

Did you have a pig hanging from your belt? Think I saw you in the spawn towards the end of the last game, I was dude trying to get a primer out of a TRMR! (Bloody thing!)