Anyone got an ASG CZ75 P09 Duty?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I really like the look of this gun, and it gets good reviews for performance.

So I have been considering it as my first sidearm.

However I came across a video review recently, which, though generally very positive, mentioned a design fault with the hop up mechanism. Apparently the steel adjustment screw that goes into the metal body of the unit can strip the threads very easily and doesn't give enough adjustment anyway.

The video was from 2014, shortly after the gun first came out, so I suppose it's possible that this problem has been addressed.

I would welcome any comments from current and/or ex-owners of this gun as to whether it is a good buy.

• 2 months later...

My friend own an ASG SP-01 Shadow, which is basically a race gun version of the same gun, so the internal are almost identical. She says it is extremely reliable with excellent performance and good gas efficiency. It has a nice bit of heft to it, being full metal and all that, but isn't so cumbersome that your arm will decide to give up half way through a game. Its a fantastic pistol for it's price, and ASG are known to make high quality products. 

Surprisingly i haven't heard of the hop up adjustment issue, and my friend doesn't seem to have a problem with it so I assume it is a resolved issue.

Hope this helps!

i was looking into this. apparently the green gas one is very underwhelming and the paint finish is terrible. If you have your heart set on one, get the CO2 version.

The shadow. Next time you go to the mill, they have both in the glass cases. The shadow in the corner near the safe zone looks like it’s been painted with a brush. Having played around with most brands of pistols, I’d only recommend TM or VFC

I do indeed have a Shadow version, thanks Lewis. It’s brilliant and i’d recommend getting one. The hop up hasn’t given me any trouble, though I do plan on upgrading it soon. 

The paint on it is thin and wears easily, but everything else is built like a rock. I’m not bothered by huge realism, so don’t care in the slightest about the paint, I’ll just respray if it gets tooooooo bad. It’s worth noting almost any pistol will suffer paint damage from holstering or slide cycling. 

Its a very heavy slide, so does struggle with green gas, but stronger gas or my personal favourite CO2 gives it the kick it needs. This is a very important factor for me. 

I don’t know much about the p09, but I do know I’m a better shot than a friend of mine who owns one ;)

To conclude, it’s a brilliant gun now I have it set the way I like it, however there are definitely models out there such as the glocks and hicapas that work just as well. 

At the end of the day, it’s going to be yours and you should pick the one you like. Any issues you may have can usually be fixed up pretty easily by anyone that knows what they’re doing. 

Bit of a scattered text spam, apologies - I finished my last uni exam of the year today and am a little worse for wear. 

Archived