Best ever eBay airsoft related buy?

Dentonboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Am interested to know what everyone's best eBay airsoft buy/sale has been? It could be a unicorn piece of kit, an utter bargain, something that has made you a tidy profit or an item that has proven its worth repeatedly. 

My own best buy is in the 'a bargain' catagory: 1 RS Trijicon ACOG with mount picked up one lazy Sunday browse on eBay for the princely sum of £150. I was utterly convinced it would be a copy, but had seen enough in the pictures to suggest it was worth a punt. Turns out it was worth the gamble. 

Best eBay sale was an LBT flotation vest, Gold label and possibly a prototype, picked up at Chatham Militaria Fair for £25 ("made in the UK mate, top gear that is... ") and sold 3 days later for £225.

So, am really hoping that you have some similar wheeler-dealer examples, fire away! 

• Supporters

Well.. Nothing on that level but I bought a pair of Oakley SI Assault gloves for £20 which were practically brand new. Saved myself about £30 and kept my hands nice and warm this winter. 

That definitely qualifies! Would love a pair of Oakley gloves... Have always wanted a pair of their combat boots. 

• Supporters

Bought a WAS DCS in Multicam with about 12 pouches, wasn’t advertised very well, had been warn once, bought £350 worth of kit, picked up for £50.

Have had quite a few good sales, but none Airsoft related via eBay.

18 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Bought a WAS DCS in Multicam with about 12 pouches, wasn’t advertised very well, had been warn once, bought £350 worth of kit, picked up for £50.

Have had quite a few good sales, but none Airsoft related via eBay.

My brother did similar for the same plate carrier at the Bexleyheath Airsoft boot fair, cost him about £80 iirc, had loads of pouches and a £40 Ferro Concepts cummerbund. 

• Supporters

I've had lots of bargains, prob the best was a clawgear smock, brand new, & usually retailing for £140, I won it for 99p lol.

Used it occasionally for couple of years, put it back on for auction & it went for £70 odd, & the buyer thought he'd done well so everyone's a winner :)

• Supporters

Random £15 Molle vest.  Open back (what all the cool kids wear) with more loops and patches and pouches than I can use, padded shoulder straps with sling retention loops - I really can't imagine why I'd pay more when this thing carries everything that I need.

Plus, it's beige.

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Random £15 Molle vest.  Open back (what all the cool kids wear) with more loops and patches and pouches than I can use, padded shoulder straps with sling retention loops - I really can't imagine why I'd pay more when this thing carries everything that I need.

Plus, it's beige.

Nice. Any idea on the brand?! 

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Tackle said:

everyone's a winner :)

Apart from the original seller. :lol:

• Supporters

Too many purchases to rack through, but probably my Gen 1 Crye combat trousers.  Hardly any wear and far less money than they usually go for in 32, also had some kneepads fitted and visible in the listing but no way to tell if they were gen 1 or 2 before I got the trousers.  Months later when I finally got hands on after shipping over the pond they did turn out to be 1st gen and worth as much as I paid for the lot.  I'd found the matching combat shirt on UK ebay of all places not long previously so managed to acquire a set in (pretty much) my size in short order for a more than decent price.

Loved the Gen1 with the outside pocket straps and inner thigh zip IIRC. 

My brother scored a VGC Gen 1 field shirt in MC yesterday for £55.

On 02/03/2018 at 6:07 PM, Dentonboy said:

Am interested to know what everyone's best eBay airsoft buy/sale has been? It could be a unicorn piece of kit, an utter bargain, something that has made you a tidy profit or an item that has proven its worth repeatedly. 

My own best buy is in the 'a bargain' catagory: 1 RS Trijicon ACOG with mount picked up one lazy Sunday browse on eBay for the princely sum of £150. I was utterly convinced it would be a copy, but had seen enough in the pictures to suggest it was worth a punt. Turns out it was worth the gamble. 

Best eBay sale was an LBT flotation vest, Gold label and possibly a prototype, picked up at Chatham Militaria Fair for £25 ("made in the UK mate, top gear that is... ") and sold 3 days later for £225.

So, am really hoping that you have some similar wheeler-dealer examples, fire away! 

I had the opposite - paid £300 for a RS EOTech that transpired to be a £10 Chinese clone from a seller who immediately ran off to Nigeria.

7 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

I had the opposite - paid £300 for a RS EOTech that transpired to be a £10 Chinese clone from a seller who immediately ran off to Nigeria.

Really?! We have all bought a fake Eotech... I was fortunate that the seller refunded me. 

4 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

Really?! We have all bought a fake Eotech... I was fortunate that the seller refunded me. 

This was a whole palava with reporting it to ActionFraud then claiming through the bank.

Not ideal that... 

... So many dodge pots on that site, you really need your wits about you at times. 

4 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

Not ideal that... 

... So many dodge pots on that site, you really need your wits about you at times. 

Was impossible to sell anything too. I tried to sell a spare iPad I won in a draw, and within 5 minutes of me listing it, some nigerian scammer would "buy it", take it off the listings then send some phishing paypal email to try and make out they'd bought it. I'd have to cancel, file a ticket, then re-list it 24 hours later. Kept on happening, every single time. Gave up on ebay in the end.

• 11 months later...
  • Supporters

Looking for a tac vest for my boy , came across an OG Airsoft ‘tactical vest’ won it for £8.95 posted AND had an as new Blackhawk OMEGA vest arrive in the post 4days later !👍

second one ; set of ‘old army surplus pouches’ had suspicions about what they were in the crappy picture , won the sale and when they arrived my suspicions were correct , was an SAS compass/altimeter pouch 2 pairs of 7.62 drop pouches , E&E drop pouch , 2 44 pattern water bottle pouches AND a set of light weight shoulder straps for the exorbitant price of £12 something delivered ! I do love sellers who don’t know what there selling ! 🤣🤣🤣

I'd say my best recent one was a COP® Shoulder Holster 9385 for H&K MP7.

https://www.cop-shop.de/en/product/cop-shoulder-holster-9385-for-hk-mp7-2510

Retail on there for €239.99

I got it from a USA ebay seller for a whopping £22.57, I use it for my MP5K. 👍 Bargain....

(Sorry no link now as they're all gone and no longer listed)

Another one was an EOTech 552 about 10+ years ago. Got it for £100-£120 (or thereabouts). I still use it.

Had a few great bargains the best was my Hawke Vantage+ 3-9x 40 scope.....£30 all in Inc laser sight, mounts and Bushnell flip covers. Original box, manual and the thing was in mint condition!! It's one sexy bit of kit

Peli 1400 case for £30 and a Peli 1450 case for £32.

Thanks to the person on this forum that gave me the idea to get them on eBay. I don't remember who you are, but thanks!

1 minute ago, Immortal said:

Oh yeah, PeliStorm cases. There's some good bargains on there.

Surplus MOD ones with authentic Afghan sand still inside. :lol: Best case I've ever bought.

Haha, yeah! I even got a free GPS tracking unit in the 1450. Just had to reactivate and switch ownership.

My "generic" (no really, the  brand was listed as Generic) £20 plate carrier.

I had to replace the quick release tabs with 5-50 cord and the put push poppers on the velcro to have it hold up the weight. but otherwise best £20 I've ever spent, I eman the stiching is a bit over zelous on some fo the molle bits, btu so long as you can do basic meancial skills, things on apr with anything else, never let me down. not once, you can keep your fancy Crye and Peltor vests. I'll keep with the cheep chinese one I got. 

• Supporters

Not eBay, but UsedAirsoft, purchased a broken G&G L85 for £50. 

When it turned up, it was a G&g L85A2, with a Real steel Handrail and a Real steel Susat. 

The broken part? No hop nub. Sold for £400. Was very happy.

Archived