Best ever eBay airsoft related buy?

Dentonboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bought a whole box of stuff for something silly like £50 when I first started years ago, seller used a load of shitty pics and a bit cagey on contents but I could see enough that it was a good starter box for myself. 

It arrived and i realised it wasnt a great deal for me after all so split it and relisted.

most of it sold and I got about 70 quid for it, but the pouches and plate carrier (listed separately) went to the same guy, with a MOD po box or forwarding address or something for almost 200 quid. 

To go this day I have no idea what brand it was or what it was actually worth!! 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

One tip for buying on eBay is to use Fat fingers first:

http://fatfingers.com

You type in what you're looking for and it finds listings that have that particular word, but spelled incorrectly. 

So, for example, "Airsoft", will bring up auctions for "Aisoft" / "Arisoft" / "Airsotf" etc.

Sometimes you can win utter bargains with the minimum bid because it won't appear on people's searches for "Airsoft".

That's my handy tip of the week ;)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

One tip for buying on eBay is to use Fat fingers first:

http://fatfingers.com

You type in what you're looking for and it finds listings that have that particular word, but spelled incorrectly. 

So, for example, "Airsoft", will bring up auctions for "Aisoft" / "Arisoft" / "Airsotf" etc.

Sometimes you can win utter bargains with the minimum bid because it won't appear on people's searches for "Airsoft".

That's my handy tip of the week ;)

I hate you I’ve just bought 3 Blackhawk pouches I don’t need as they were dirt cheap ! 🤦‍♂️

I search for worn and nearly used trainers on eBay, specifically look for incorrectly listed, spelling mistakes or for shoes that people are selling but don’t know what they are.

best blag was some rare dunks for £5 which I sold for £150 as the seller didn’t know what they were and listed them as something else 🤣

Best buy recently was a new in bag Crye Loft Jacket for a best offer accepted price of £75.00.

You would be lucky to find them retail for less than £230...

11 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I hate you I’ve just bought 3 Blackhawk pouches I don’t need as they were dirt cheap ! 🤦‍♂️

Great

Picked up a gen First Choice carrier , suprising how many people cannot spell Armour , especially the American brands (armor)

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Great

Picked up a gen First Choice carrier , suprising how many people cannot spell Armour , especially the American brands (armor)

I love Murcan spelling , or more precisely Murcan MISS spelling ! 😂 

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

The piss take way of saying it is "murican"........

The "I" is kind of important.

Really ??????

F8915BC7-210E-4DE6-BD1E-026F1DC3EF43.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Says the person taking the piss out of a whole nations spelling? 

But misspelling the piss take 🤔

Mate just because you spell it with an i does not mean it’s THE only way to write it , now please crawl back in your hole .👍

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

C2019A67-CFF0-4F40-8295-F04774C28B37.jpeg

Nah ! 😛

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Mate just because you spell it with an i does not mean it’s THE only way to write it , now please crawl back in your hole .👍

Nah ! 😛

Oh the fucking irony of your responses is awesome.  

As for telling me to crawl back in my hole, wind your neck in you over opinionated gobshite.

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Oh the fucking irony of your responses is awesome.  

As for telling me to crawl back in my hole, wind your neck in you over opinionated gobshite.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

D968DF5D-6B28-419A-A915-AC3F2A44D06B.jpeg

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

you over opinionated gobshite.

Only just dawned on me the monumental comedy value of this quote ! 😱

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

67FCDC4F-F1F8-4D45-B4CD-9C10536EAE7B.jpeg

• Mostly Retired Moderators
20 hours ago, Druid799 said:

My work here is done 😎

My shares in eBay are going to pay for Christmas at this rate 😁

In all seriousness though, misspelled listings are the way forward..

Has anyone had any luck with some since I posted about fat fingers? 🥰

30 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

My work here is done 😎

My shares in eBay are going to pay for Christmas at this rate 😁

In all seriousness though, misspelled listings are the way forward..

Has anyone had any luck with some since I posted about fat fingers? 🥰

I agree about misspelled listings. I mentioned it here - https://thegearconfessional.wordpress.com/2018/06/01/chapter-16-the-art-of-the-deal-or-how-to-score-that-money-making-bargain/ - last summer. I cottoned on a couple of years ago.

It also backfires..

I bought what I thought were M7 gas mags ages ago, ended up with AEP ones :(  

But then I didnt READ the listing!! :P   

• Supporters

Almost same mistake for me on this very forum , chap selling 2 alpha-tec grenades . PM him to start negotiations and during composing of second PM I actually noticed they were the 9mm/12G ones and NOT the 209/9mm I’d wanted ! Dipshit ! 🤦‍♂️

Archived