Anything changed in airsoft last 3 years?

Josh95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Josh95 said:

been looking around, these new combat machines with etu's look pretty awesome for 190 quid

If you are looking at the ones that G&G use, the only thing I've seen bad about them is apparently the micro switch in them can break down if you are heavy handed on the trigger (going off something that @TARGETSZONE.CO.UK posted a while back). Something about it compressing and not returning? Something like that. 

Weirdos in Lycra and paintball masks run around overkilling people looking like ghetto power rangers. 

Quality and variety has increased, and even lower priced guns are coming with the features people paid good money for. 

Lots if sites have shut down, lots have opened. 

The forum is still the best place for answers

16 hours ago, Josh95 said:

been looking around, these new combat machines with etu's look pretty awesome for 190 quid

There are a few folk at my local site who use these, and they do seem ace. Like @LightningCh, I've heard of the ETU's going on them a few times. 

My little Wasp (G&G GR16) doesn't have the ETU and I love it. I have been toying with putting a Gate Titan in it (mostly for lip protection and enable 3rd burst, It eats ammo on full auto...) but I am loathed to open it up and mess around when it is still performing fantastically.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Arwen said:

There are a few folk at my local site who use these, and they do seem ace. Like @LightningCh, I've heard of the ETU's going on them a few times. 

My little Wasp (G&G GR16) doesn't have the ETU and I love it. I have been toying with putting a Gate Titan in it (mostly for lip protection and enable 3rd burst, It eats ammo on full auto...) but I am loathed to open it up and mess around when it is still performing fantastically.

can you get plug and play type ones as that would suit me!?, i have 2 to 10 rnd burst with my Xcortech....but tbh  i use single shot most of the time as thats what the site rules are except Urban. Ive it set to 3 shot though on the off chance my finger slips or knocks the selector  :) 

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Weirdos in Lycra and paintball masks run around overkilling people looking like ghetto power rangers. 

Quality and variety has increased, and even lower priced guns are coming with the features people paid good money for. 

Lots if sites have shut down, lots have opened. 

The forum is still the best place for answers

oi don't talk smack. Maybe if the weirdos in too big plate carriers took the first hit....... I'll not start this 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

No need to get your Lycra in a bunch ;)

And how is wearing lycra a material that is designed for sports any worse than wearing camo and playing toy soldier?

Ones is someone who is dressing for a game and the other is someone who is dressing to fufill some slightly delusional soldier boy fantasies. 

Go speedsofters I say.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

And how is wearing lycra a material that is designed for sports any worse than wearing camo and playing toy soldier?

Ones is someone who is dressing for a game and the other is someone who is dressing to fufill some slightly delusional soldier boy fantasies. 

Go speedsofters I say.

I see you’ve taken this to heart...

i honestly couldnt care less what they wear to be honest, although running around with trainers on is an accident waiting to happen. 

What I don’t like is the need to put 30 rounds into someone at such a rate that the marshal comes over and tells them it’s not a full auto site (he wasn’t, he was just spamming). The friendly fire is through the roof too. At my local cqb place I’ve only been pissed off twice in the 20+ times I’ve been since it opened. Once with the speed softer children and the other with Matttheblatentcheater. 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I see you’ve taken this to heart...

i honestly couldnt care less what they wear to be honest, although running around with trainers on is an accident waiting to happen. 

What I don’t like is the need to put 30 rounds into someone at such a rate that the marshal comes over and tells them it’s not a full auto site (he wasn’t, he was just spamming). The friendly fire is through the roof too. At my local cqb place I’ve only been pissed off twice in the 20+ times I’ve been since it opened. Once with the speed softer children and the other with Matttheblatentcheater. 

If you couldn't care less why bring it up in the first place. 

I just feel sorry them as they are getting a bad rep that to be honest they don't deserve. Yeah there is the odd bad one but all the worst behaviour I have ever seen has come from the opposite side of the coin, over zealous wannabe soldier types.

They have taken over from rentals as the sh*t talking victim of choice for the element of the community that is the real problem.

5 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

If you couldn't care less why bring it up in the first place. 

I just feel sorry them as they are getting a bad rep that to be honest they don't deserve. Yeah there is the odd bad one but all the worst behaviour I have ever seen has come from the opposite side of the coin, over zealous wannabe soldier types.

They have taken over from rentals as the sh*t talking victim of choice for the element of the community that is the real problem.

Because if someone annoys me, everything about them is fair game lol. 

I actually agree with you on the toy soldiers. They’re usually the ones who cannot accept they are getting beaten because they’re operator and shout cheat every 5 mins..

I’m just calling it as I see it. 100% of the speedsofters I’ve played against I want to waterboard :lol: your experience may vary. 

Experience really does vary.

I've played with speedsofters who were fair play and werent too heavy on their rof. I've seen toy soldiers who are the opposite.

As already said, there will be bad and good in each bunch, but obviously, 1 bad guy outweighs 10 good guys in most cases. I also feel that "i didn't feel it" is seen as the better of the 2 evils... Which doesn't add up in my head... Marshals are typically more worried about the ROF than the cheating.

I've "over killed" a guy and got shouted at by a marshal, all i did was 5 shots in a quick trigger spam, that all landed on target, yet the guy i hit came over and shook my hand for the accuracy. Also then got complimented by his mate about my accuracy.

But one guy took 10 shots and just shrugged his way through it, and no one said anything? Just kept firing and moaned about it quietly to teammates? 

From my short experience with airsoft I can't help but feel people are more likely to complain to a marshal about your ROF and trigger spam rather than those that don't take hits properly. So imo that's why speedsofters are getting more hate.

On 3/2/2018 at 9:23 AM, rocketdogbert said:

MPA in Hockley have a nice little CQB site, shooting range and shop, I’m there a lot.

I had a look, the pictures dont look very inspiring... lol. What is it like inside? is it bigger than that?

goo.gl/kFVvv5

1 minute ago, Josh95 said:

I had a look, the pictures dont look very inspiring... lol. What is it like inside? is it bigger than that?

goo.gl/kFVvv5

It’s a small CQB site, but I don’t skirmish, I target shoot and practical pistol

Would you not say that’s because people are more likely to complain when they’ve been hurt? (10 to the face before you have the chance to say hit)

if someone isn’t taking their hits, I’ve found most people mutter what they think under their breath and just get on with it. They’re less likely to get on with it when they’ve got blood dripping down their face. 

To play devils advocate.. I like their fast pace approach. It’s refreshing to watch when the rest of you team feels the need to all stack up and sheepishly advance. If they could identify targets better and then shoot them once or twice, I’d have no issue. 

Airsoft is a hobby,

wether you get enjoyment from dominating the game; or roleplaying it does not really matter as long as you're enjoying it and your fun is within the decorum of the sport, not detrimental to the enjoyment of others.

The only people I really dislike in airsoft are those that shout "Call your f*cking hit!!!!" people like that I avoid... mental cases.

7 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Would you not say that’s because people are more likely to complain when they’ve been hurt? (10 to the face before you have the chance to say hit)

if someone isn’t taking their hits, I’ve found most people mutter what they think under their breath and just get on with it. They’re less likely to get on with it when they’ve got blood dripping down their face. 

To play devils advocate.. I like their fast pace approach. It’s refreshing to watch when the rest of you team feels the need to all stack up and sheepishly advance. If they could identify targets better and then shoot them once or twice, I’d have no issue. 

If you are wearing full face pro then the point is invalid really, unless the bbs are shattering, 10 to the mesh mask will just be a nuisance.
But my example was 5 shots got me shouted at for overkill
But 10 shots to a cheater in about 6 seconds, and it was blank stares.

Victims will always complain more, but then again, I've seen players go "isnt that a bit high of a ROF for this site?"
and its like "well, no because I have trigger discipline?"

Overkill like your example is ridiculous, but to me, that's poor trigger discipline on the shooters part. No need to put that many bbs downrange (and tbh I've only ever seen that kind of speeds in youtube videos where its most likely being done to show off how fast their gun is) but it's not even the victim that complains in my experience. It's the people around the 2 involved.
Serious overkill is ridiculous and unnecessary, but cheating is just plain wrong. every safety briefing I have sat through puts stress on the "don't cheat" yet the rule is rarely enforced properly?

Bravo 1 had a prime example.
HPA Vector guy, fully kitted out like a toy soldier though, spamming the trigger like crazy, also not taking his hits at all.
The common complaint to marshals was "his ROF is way too high" when what they could also hear was the bouncing of bbs off the walls, not his legitimate ROF.
Eventually an extra marshal was called in to monitor the guy, and the marshals never said anything about his lack of hit taking, not once. But went on at him to calm down his trigger.
Yet in the next game brief they reiterated the stress on "don't cheat"
same thing happened again, still no punishment.

In my experience, if you are wearing full face protection (which you should be imo), 10 shots to the face in 3 seconds, heck imo 10 shots anywhere in 3 seconds, is not as bad as a cheater who wrecks the day for everyone on your team because he is just the juggernaut on the objective and the marshals won't sort it out. Hence why I find bad toy soldiers to be worse than the speedsofters because its a sport about fair play. 

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

From my short experience with airsoft I can't help but feel people are more likely to complain to a marshal about your ROF and trigger spam rather than those that don't take hits properly. So imo that's why speedsofters are getting more hate.

12 minutes ago, Josh95 said:

The only people I really dislike in airsoft are those that shout "Call your f*cking hit!!!!" people like that I avoid... mental cases.

Disagree with this as very rarely hear people moan about overshooting but constantly get their not taking their hits.

The people that do moan about being overshot are usually those that moan whether it is two or ten. I think most just shrug it off and swear under their breath. Hit taking is rarely cheating though it is mainly either the guy didn't feel it or they are not actually being hit.

Agreed the worst airsofter is those that get gobby. I hate it and believe it should be an insta-ban. If you have a problem report but do not make it worse by being an even bigger nob yourself.

11 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Disagree with this as very rarely hear people moan about overshooting but constantly get their not taking their hits.

The people that do moan about being overshot are usually those that moan whether it is two or ten. I think most just shrug it off and swear under their breath. Hit taking is rarely cheating though it is mainly either the guy didn't feel it or they are not actually being hit.

Agreed the worst airsofter is those that get gobby. I hate it and believe it should be an insta-ban. If you have a problem report but do not make it worse by being an even bigger nob yourself.

Think that just shows how the experience varies across the country lol.
I've had multiple compliments off the enemy team about my accuracy yet the guy im shooting never calls his hit? (favourite one was the guy who literally sat there with bbs bouncing off his goggles on the bomb to arm it, and just never called hit)

Where I play we don’t have any real non hit takers. If fact, there’s a surprising amount of “you’re good, mate. You got me first” on a lot of double engagements. 

Ive had to pick bits of shattered B.B. out of my little bro’s eye before. He had a TM full face mask with mesh and took 6 or so to the face and one must have shattered. Whole body was on show. By the same fat guy with a HPA scorpion evo that split my forehead open. 

All sites are different. I get that.. but besides one cheating youtuber, the only issues people run in at mine are overkill. Or rather.. overkill headshots. 

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

Think that just shows how the experience varies across the country lol.
I've had multiple compliments off the enemy team about my accuracy yet the guy im shooting never calls his hit? (favourite one was the guy who literally sat there with bbs bouncing off his goggles on the bomb to arm it, and just never called hit)

I don't think experiences vary across the country I just think it is varying levels of experience. 

Being a good airsofter isn't just about how well you play it is about how well you understand how airsoft works. Your comments about accuracy show you are still learning as while it is nice that people have commented on an accurate shot you need to realise that it is not all that way. I have spent countless hours making my gun accurate but still know that while 9 might be perfect the 10th might go wandering because a fly chose that perfect moment to fart.

As for the guy that had bbs bouncing off him well there is always one but they are rarer than some people make out.

21 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I don't think experiences vary across the country I just think it is varying levels of experience. 

Being a good airsofter isn't just about how well you play it is about how well you understand how airsoft works. Your comments about accuracy show you are still learning as while it is nice that people have commented on an accurate shot you need to realise that it is not all that way. I have spent countless hours making my gun accurate but still know that while 9 might be perfect the 10th might go wandering because a fly chose that perfect moment to fart.

As for the guy that had bbs bouncing off him well there is always one but they are rarer than some people make out.

So far I'm yet to have a day where there isn't a blatant cheater, granted I've got a handful of games played, but blatant cheaters have prevailed near the objectives every single time. Like I said, if his mate standing next to him can come up to me after calling his hit and say "yeah you hit him just he didnt call it". Is accurate enough for me. 
I've got plenty of misses, and very few hits in comparison to that, but my "accuracy" is based on 20-30m range, where the bb is still pretty much visible and the player it hits visibly reacts to it. I wouldn't ever report a guy for cheating unless I can physically see the reaction to the shot and yet no hit taken. "There is always one" is true, but this "always one" seems to follow me round to sites lol. 
It wasn't a player saying "you're accurate every time" it was more "in that particular situation, you hit us with every bb yet he never called his hit"

3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Go speedsofters I say.

Preach. Trig being the realest guy on this forum as usual...

Archived