Anything changed in airsoft last 3 years?

Josh95
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Some of you oldies might remember me.

I took a break from all things airsoft for a few years now.

Has anything changed since I have been gone, any cool new tech in airsoft? Any new sites in Essex? or is it same old same old? :)

I see Billericay Skirmish in the woodlands as I go past on the train every morning, so it sparked my interest again.

I have this odd thing called a job now and I actually have money rather than living off beans at uni. 

So considered getting back into this expensive hobby... :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Main law updates anything that can do full auto and shoots 370fps + is now illegal and catagorised as a real fire arm.

From 3 years ago I dont recall anything changing UKARA wise.

Newish big brands Krytac are well regarded as better than most but Tokyo Marui retain thier crown. 

Nuprol and cyma are producing M4 variants that don't suck if your looking for a budget weapon.

Cant think of anymore major updates.

"Game's the same, just got more fierce, yo." 

Electric triggers have come a long way forwards.

Models such as the gate titan offer the shooter the opportunity to dial a trigger to how they want it. Without having to do any major modifications other than fitting the unit and running a computer program.

2 hours ago, James1989 said:

Nuprol and cyma are producing M4 variants that don't suck if your looking for a budget weapon.

Most people seem to have the opinion that cyma M4s are rubbish but don't really elaborate on why. I personally haven't used one so couldn't say if they are any good for the budget or not though. Have you used one to give your personal opinion on them? 

12 minutes ago, Firemontage said:

Most people seem to have the opinion that cyma M4s are rubbish but don't really elaborate on why. I personally haven't used one so couldn't say if they are any good for the budget or not though. Have you used one to give your personal opinion on them? 

It definitely does seem that way doesn't it?
I mean if you show someone a CYMA M4 they laugh
CYMA AK guns though and it's "oh that's not so bad"

Never really explained why although for <£100 I doubt the guns can have the best internals, I mean, polymer receiver is fair enough but it's the metal parts... On £80 how do you build it all and expect to make profit without skimping somewhere? Obviously mass production is on their side for the price and all that but even then, it still has to outweigh the production cost after X amount of units have sold.
Think it just a "pay for what you get" and that's really it.

• Supporters

The older CYMA M4s were rubbish, the newer ones aren't AS bad but are pretty much of a muchness with any other cheap AEG really.

25 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

It definitely does seem that way doesn't it?
I mean if you show someone a CYMA M4 they laugh
CYMA AK guns though and it's "oh that's not so bad"

Never really explained why although for <£100 I doubt the guns can have the best internals, I mean, polymer receiver is fair enough but it's the metal parts... On £80 how do you build it all and expect to make profit without skimping somewhere? Obviously mass production is on their side for the price and all that but even then, it still has to outweigh the production cost after X amount of units have sold.
Think it just a "pay for what you get" and that's really it.

It defiantly seems like many people are against them just because other people are. They certainly aren't worth spending money on upgrading when you could just put that cash towards a new rifle and like you said the internals can't be great even when taking mass production into account. I've been tempted to buy one in the past just to see if they are as bad as everyone makes out and keep it as a backup should I need it.

19 minutes ago, Lozart said:

The older CYMA M4s were rubbish, the newer ones aren't AS bad but are pretty much of a muchness with any other cheap AEG really.

There doesn't seem to be many reviews of them really and the ones I have seen say pretty much the same as you. They are cheap AEGs and they work as a beginner/spare rifle but don't expect the world for around £80

I got a Cyma tactical AK as my first ever RIF.

Since, I've invested hundreds, maybe thousands into all sorts of guns and upgrades, including Krytac, KJW KC-02 w/upgrades, JG VSR etc.

The Cyma AK honestly stands up to all of them.

It's not quite as good in terms of effective range, or RPS, but the difference is small when compared to the difference in price!

The only gripe I have with it is that the battery slot had awkward dimensions.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, James1989 said:

Main law updates anything that can do full auto and shoots 370fps + is now illegal and catagorised as a real fire arm.

yeah i won one :lol::lol:, it arrived and i had it chono'd on two different Chronos on a game day 369, 375, 371,368,378,379, 375, 372.....!

spring was hacked about by whoever did it to the point you couldn't cut anything else off, now firing a nice consistent 325-330 after a new spring fitted :) 

other than that same old really :)

• Head Moderator

Welcome back to the hobby.  

Have a re-read of the forum rules which have been updated for extra clarity.

To clarify  have CYMA MP5 and AK which are good fun. I have not used the m4 I am going on forum/facebook feedback. I believe my exact words were "dont suck" I mean compare them to a TM they probably do but compared to a g&g raider they seem to give a run for thier money.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Lozart said:

If you want a budget M4 I don't know why anybody wouldn't buy a CM16. 

I just wish G&G made an AK variant with the same performance for the same price. 

48 minutes ago, Gepard said:

I just wish G&G made an AK variant with the same performance for the same price. 

They make a combat machine ak47

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Josh95 said:

They make a combat machine ak47

They do? Excuse my ignorance. 

Now, I'm off to go buy an AK. 

3 minutes ago, Josh95 said:

I am guessing I will need to play my 3 games again to get another 'ukara' I have one but I guess its expired 

Shouldn't need to, talk to the site that holds it and they will re-add you.
Landwarrior does it for me automatically without asking.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Josh95 said:

I am guessing I will need to play my 3 games again to get another 'ukara' I have one but I guess its expired 

I asked this very question a few days ago. 

• Supporters
21 hours ago, Gepard said:

Because the cyma is cheaper. 

21 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Ay same boat, had a search around and pretty much same old same old apart from the "MY kRyTAc iS BEtTeR THaN yOUrS!"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha :D:D:D 

21 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Big rise in social media, especially Facebook, however expect to see the same question come up again and again, usual trolling, smart-arses etc

What am bestest gnu for a starter?
What's a UKARA licence? (check the "If I hear..." thread for how people feel about that one lol.
Just to name 2 of the most common questions lol.

Archived