Hello Everybody!

cianw1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone i am 16 just gettimg into airsoft; and so is my friend. I have recently ordered a TM M1911A1 Government edition from Redwolf, along with gas, bbs and a speedreloader. My first choice would've been a Glock 19 or 23 but i dont think they sell them new anymore?? I think i made a good choice though, it shoots at 300fps and ive heard good reviews on youtube. I hav'nt got that much money at the moment because im only 16 but hopefully ill get a WE scar L GBB in a month or two that shoots at over 400fps on topgas. Well, yeah; just saying hello.

-Cianw1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, and you do know customs may charge you, or even confiscate the M1911 if you do not have a valid defense! but yeah, this is a great place and everyone is here to help :)

i got it from redwolf and it only says about customs charging etc in USA. and if 400fps is too high does thaat mean there will be no snipers etc? how should i get other airguns and nbot get them confiscated by customs because i live in north wales and there arent any airsoft shops here that i know of haaha. oh well i hope to god they dont confiscate or charge me for it because when i bought it it cleared out all my money to buy the gun,bbs,gas etc.

what would be a valid defence? that i need it for skirmishing? and do i need any proof for the defence?

Ok what would you say the limit i should put on the assault rifle i shall get? because i have my eye on 2. firstly the WE SCAR L GBB and then is like £130 and shoots at around 410fps i think and i really like the look of it i like how the stock folds etc and secondly i think its called the socom gear VCF m4 and that is £200 and shoots at about 350fps i think and looks good but if i had to choose id rather the SCAR but if i can't then i suppose its the mm4 ill have to have even though its expensive :/ also alot of peoplle have m4 or m16 wanna be abit different and have the scar or a different weapon. if any of you have any recommendations then please let me know i would like a fps of over 300 and the price needs to be £200 MAX but preferably around £100. i have seen the G39 i forget who it is made by and it looks OK but im not a massive fan of the G36 type guns but it might have to do as a last resort :S i suppose if i did get it it would grow on me eventually haha but yeah i would like a gun thats abit different, fairly powerful and cheap.

well if your starting preferably not a GBBR, probably an SRC, JG or CA gun, look at shops such as Airsoft world or wolf armouries as they deliver

ive looked at wolfarmouries and they are more expensive than redwolf and also they 2tone your guns and i dont think redwolf do. also i prefer GBB's to electroic because i like the recoil.

if you have the money, TM make a EBB Recoil Scar-L, i think it is on zero one airsoft, they are quite good :) and free 2 tone

• Supporters

sadly, as you are 16, you MUST have two tone weapons, unless someone lets you borrow one.

WE make teh G39 and it is awesome, I own one myself.

Gas rifles are NOT beginners guns, you won't have as much fun with 30 round mags as with 300 round high caps, plus maintainance is higher.

FPS limits are usually something like this:

350fps for AEG's/anything with full auto or pistols

400fps, semi automaticlly locked rifles

500fps, bolt action sniper rifles

• Supporters
sadly, as you are 16, you MUST have two tone weapons, unless someone lets you borrow one.

WE make teh G39 and it is awesome, I own one myself.

Gas rifles are NOT beginners guns, you won't have as much fun with 30 round mags as with 300 round high caps, plus maintainance is higher.

These few sentences are important to know and understand as a begginer.

fps isnt every thing dont wory.

as a begginer youneed sopmething easy to use and reliable, i reccomend any src, cyma or classic army sportline shop around for the cheapest two tone deals

and the two single most important things to learn as a new player:

1. dont touch anything on just bb guns

2. dont order from special airsoft supplies

marcus

Ok i ordered my TM 1911 from Redwolf. There was a code for a free mag so i sent them a message after order asking if the offer was still up even though i had entered the code because it didnt show at chekout. They sent a reply telling me that it had ended but, because i live in the UK can i send them my UKARA license scanned incase customs stop it :S i am not a part of UKARA and i dont know anyone who is so what do i do? i dont really want it 2 toned. if i dont reply and customs seize it then will i lose all of my money? because £150 is alot of money to me and i had to pay all of it not my parents, and its all the money i have. Anyone kow what i should do? I think i read somewhere at redwolf that their returns policy is something like they keep 20% of the order price and i also have to pay for the return shipping of the gun and i keep whats left so it means that i will only get back around £100 and i REALLY don't want that to happen :(

you could be out of luck buddy should of checked the laws before ordering the thing with the gun you have ordered is not only is there a strong posibility it will not even make it through customs. even if it dose the fps is to high to use at uk sites. with regards to gbb riffles unless you plan on only playing milsims or not skirmishing with it then to be brutally honest its going to be a waste of time. have you ever shot a AEG if not you should i think you would be pleasntly suprised and prob sway you away from gas blow back.

Well i read through their terms and conditions and it sayd nothing about UKARA or 2 toning. The only thing similar that it said was that to the USA they have to paint the barrel tips orange.

I have emailed them back asking can they add a orange tip or two tone the gun for free (I havn't got any money to give them) and maybe put some sort of note saying it is an airsoft gun. I have also asked that if they cannot do this then can they refund my order. I have seen a m14 AEP that looks Ok. Shall i just attend some airsoft battles over 3 months and register with UKARA and then buy it and just rent guns from the place untill then? Although I really hope that they can do something which will allow me to keep the gun i have ordered, seeing as i have already bought two cans of gas for £30.

yep some one asked on You tube, can i buy your guns? i live in the UK, they replied, Yes, once you are UKARA registered.

Well i read through their terms and conditions and it sayd nothing about UKARA or 2 toning. The only thing similar that it said was that to the USA they have to paint the barrel tips orange.

THEIR laws. They are a US/HK company with VERY different laws. You may have just lost £150.

I have seen a M14 AEG that looks Ok. Shall i just attend some airsoft skirmishes over 3 months and register with UKARA...

You must be over 18 to qualify for a UKARA.

######...ohwell ill 2tone i dont really mind bright green lol but pink would be embarrassing... ;) and im going to ask around if anyone i know is UKARA registered.

What is the best site in everyones opinion that does 2 tone and has cheap but good guns? im looking for about £100-£150 for a primary...

Archived