Query about the Ukara and term "RIF"

BradTheBlue
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was reading about the Ukara licence and the VCRA act, and I noticed that it used the term "RIF". My question is does the "RIF" only apply to airsoft guns as I noticed WW1, WW2 and Modern Era replica guns also need a license, and I was wondered if they are covered under Ukara?

• Supporters

An IF (Imitation firearm) is any Airsoft gun that is 51% painted in a bright colour such as green, blue or red. 

An RIF (Real imitation firearm) is any Airsoft gun that is in a realistic colour. So WW2 weapons would still fall under this category.

Yes, this applies just to Airsoft.

Note: There is no Airsoft licence. UKARA is a defense you can use to purchase RIFs.

• Supporters

As Gepard said ITS NOT A LICENCE ! it’s simply a register of scurmishers who belong to a third party insured site . So retailers can tell if you entitled to buy a RIF as a posed to one of those abominations called ‘two tones’:wacko:

• Supporters

:) 

image.jpg

9 hours ago, Gepard said:

An IF (Imitation firearm) is any Airsoft gun that is 51% painted in a bright colour such as green, blue or red. 

An RIF (Real imitation firearm) is any Airsoft gun that is in a realistic colour. So WW2 weapons would still fall under this category.

Yes, this applies just to Airsoft.

Note: There is no Airsoft licence. UKARA is a defense you can use to purchase RIFs.

Do you mean airsoft or just replicas?

There is no UKARA licence, it’s an airsoft Scheme to establish the airsoft skirmisher Defence in the VCRA

An IF is an imitation firearm, and does not need a VCRA defence if it complies with the VCRA IF definition

A RIF is a imitation firearm, and needs a VCRA Defence - unless it is a design from a much earlier era, also defined in the VCRA

VCRA defences include airsoft skirmishing, film making / stage performances (you need to establish it’s a proper film/stage show, not just getting your GoPro out) and renactment

Collecting replicas isn’t covered as a defence

Deactivated forearms are exempt from the VCRA as they are real firearms and not imitations

9 hours ago, BradTheBlue said:

I was reading about the Ukara licence and the VCRA act, and I noticed that it used the term "RIF". My question is does the "RIF" only apply to airsoft guns as I noticed WW1, WW2 and Modern Era replica guns also need a license, and I was wondered if they are covered under Ukara?

Sorry @Gepard

my post above was meant to quote and reply to @BradTheBlue

• Supporters
Just now, Tommikka said:

Sorry @Gepard

my post above was meant to quote and reply to @BradTheBlue

Ah, you had me a little confused for a second there. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Deactivated forearms are exempt from the VCRA as they are real firearms and not imitations

Hilarious, isn't it?  Yet they could be used for the exact same nefarious purposes as an airsoft realistic imitation firearm.

I have to ask, OP, why on earth would you even wonder if a number issued by the United Kingdom Airsoft Retailers Association would constitute a valid defence for someone selling you something that isn't an airsoft gun?

I am talking about just wanted replica guns to hang on the wall as I am a fan of WW2 era guns.

As I was looking at this:

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/k98-mauser-rifle-denix-replica-product,15731

and the website reads

"

Please read the following restrictions. Due to the current British law it is illegal to sell this reproduction firearm to anyone apart from to the following people or organisations;

• Museum or gallery
  • Theatrical performances
  • Films and television programmes
  • Historical re-enactments events
  • Members of re-enactment or military vehicle groups
  • Crown servants for the purpose of employment" 

I wasn't sure if this is the only criteria for buying this. Or could it be covered by the ukara defence though it isn't an airsoft gun? 

if you just want replica weapons to go on the wall you could look at deactivated weapons as far as i know their are no restrictions on owning them

i would personally be doubtful  if ukara would be a defense for buying that replica, i would personally  get ukara and get some airsoft replicas to put on the wall if you are just after collecting would be easier and prolly cheaper

4 hours ago, BradTheBlue said:

I am talking about just wanted replica guns to hang on the wall as I am a fan of WW2 era guns.

As I was looking at this:

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/k98-mauser-rifle-denix-replica-product,15731

and the website reads

"

Please read the following restrictions. Due to the current British law it is illegal to sell this reproduction firearm to anyone apart from to the following people or organisations;

• Museum or gallery
  • Theatrical performances
  • Films and television programmes
  • Historical re-enactments events
  • Members of re-enactment or military vehicle groups
  • Crown servants for the purpose of employment" 

I wasn't sure if this is the only criteria for buying this. Or could it be covered by the ukara defence though it isn't an airsoft gun? 

No the UKARA scheme / airsoft defence won’t qualify for a replica that doesn’t shoot BBs because it clearly won’t be purchased for the purpose of skirmishing on an insured airsoft skirmish site

• Supporters

Question: do you actually have any interest in airsoft, or are you simply looking to abuse the UKARA system to try and get yourself a non-airsoft replica that you can't otherwise produce a defence for?

I'm not taking any moralfag position, just trying to establish whether what you're asking has anything to do with airsoft.

@BradTheBlue

I can’t remember or can be bothered to look up the right sections, but if I recall correctly that the VCRA carries punishments at levels 3,4 and 5 fines

Which are £1000 £2500 and unlimited

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/explanatory-material/item/fines-and-financial-orders/approach-to-the-assessment-of-fines-2/9-maximum-fines/

I think that I remember it as a £1000 fine for a seller (private or retail) to sell a RIF to someone without a VCRA defence

So, do you think that a re-enactment retailer is going to sell a replica to someone on the basis of the airsoft skirmisher defence whilst at the same time that you are stating it is not for one of the specified defence purposes when they are fully aware of the law as it applies to them and for an airsoft community to back you up ?

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Question: do you actually have any interest in airsoft, or are you simply looking to abuse the UKARA system to try and get yourself a non-airsoft replica that you can't otherwise produce a defence for?

I'm not taking any moralfag position, just trying to establish whether what you're asking has anything to do with airsoft.

I am interested in playing airsoft as I try and go once every other week. 

Archived