Bowman style headset and PTT

Aron
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys I was looking to get a bowman style headset for easy coms when out on a skirmish. I understand you would need a push to talk module but I have no idea how they work and if they would work with my Motarola radio.

Also are the headsets worn over or under hats? (I wear a boonie hat)

Thanks for the help.

As far as i am aware there is different PTT module depending on the radio set then the headset plugs into the PTT Module

And they fit underneath helmets/caps

They arnt cheap though

Yeah cheapest I could find was £30 for the headset and £20 for the PTT. All im really looking for is a headset because the mic could fit under my mask meaning people can actually hear me and i don't have to worry about pushing my radio button all the time.

• Supporters

Don't wear a mask? Actually I think some sites maKe you ....

I had the same problem, but I got rid of it all apart from the actual radios, look on z1 that's where I got my stuff

Yeah at my site (AWA herts) Under 18's have to wear a mask. Thanks ill have a look.

the bowman headsets do look really good, but expensive, also...AWA ftw! :D

Yeah i cant wait to go back after missing the last one lol!

We use element bowman headsets which arent the best build quality in the world but the sound quality is pretty good.

Headset and PTT switch from ebairsoft comes to around £25 all in (inc free shipping)

Yeah i was looking at the element headsets. Only problem is they wont fit my radio as there is no socket to plug the ptt in which means i need to get better radios, any ideas?

Its an Adventurer 450 by Binatone not motorola sorry i got given it ages ago as a present but need to invest in a better one as i play a lot more than i used to.

Archived