New in Lincoln, Lincolnshire

SuperNotts
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good afternoon all. I live in Bracebridge Heath just south of Lincoln and would love to get involved in airsoft. Growing up I always had BB guns and was forever teaching sheets of paper in my back garden a lesson. As I've got older I moved into air rifles and started hunting live quarry and still love target shooting.  I'm hoping to jump feet first into airsoft if I can find somewhere to participate regularly. Hope to hear from some of you if you have any advice or information for me :-) thanks. 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).  Have a read of all the pinned (sticky) posts in each section, lots of useful information for new starters.

I'm just down the road from you and looking to get back into the sport. Last played before UKARA was in place. There are a couple places local such as Ancaster and Combat Zone in Saxilby. I havnt played at either of these sites though so couldn't comment on how good or bad they are.

58 minutes ago, Firemontage said:

I'm just down the road from you and looking to get back into the sport. Last played before UKARA was in place. There are a couple places local such as Ancaster and Combat Zone in Saxilby. I havnt played at either of these sites though so couldn't comment on how good or bad they are.

I'd love to try those sites due to them being just a short drive away but I can't find any information about exactly where and when to go to get involved as a newby. I'm a confident person but going into a completely new environment and not even knowing what to wear is a bit daunting.

Have a look at Camp Sparta, near Kirton in Lindsey. It's only about 40 minutes away, and an interesting site.
I go there on occasion, though it's a bit of a drive for me; so I usually stay over in Hull the night before!

22 minutes ago, SuperNotts said:

I'd love to try those sites due to them being just a short drive away but I can't find any information about exactly where and when to go to get involved as a newby. I'm a confident person but going into a completely new environment and not even knowing what to wear is a bit daunting.

Hey mate, Welcome! :D

We have all been there lol, finding info, wondering what to wear, what to do when you arrive. etc.
It does seem daunting but honestly? You will forget you are a new guy pretty quick, airsoft players are generally incredibly friendly towards each other, and towards new players. Everyone is there for a common reason, to shoot people and enjoy themselves lol.
It's incredibly easy to arrive at a site and start chatting to people, introduce yourself as new and soon enough people will start talking, and it only gets easier as you gain knowledge and experience yourself.

If you are running out of things to say, get talking to people about gear and guns (sterotypical noob questions BUT by far the most effective lol) every player loves their gun and can easily ramble on about why it's good and why you should get one! XD 

As for what to wear?
Some good quality boots with ankle support is vital for woodlands and recommended for CQB.
And long sleeves.
Other than that, arrive in whatever you want, the easier it is to wash afterwards the better imo. There will always be players and new guys on site in jeans and hoodies and jackets and such, not everyone is in camo, nor is it required for a regular skirmish!

I will never forget my first time, got to the site, absolutely terrified by the amount of people and their gear, I'm terrible at conversation as well. I was sitting in the safezone with my hire gun, and a regular player next to me said "oh hey, are you new here?" and I said "yeah, first time trying airsoft"
All of a sudden I was lost in the middle of the woodlands map firing bbs at other people and having a great time lol.

3 hours ago, SuperNotts said:

You can google any of the sites mentioned, they all have websites detailing costs, site details, game days etc. As LightningCh said all you need is a decent pair of boots with ankle support and something with long sleeves to wear as you can rent all the rest of the stuff you need. I'm in the process of getting all my kit sorted out in the upcoming weeks if you fancy having someone to tag along with to any of those sites once I'm up and running ready to play as I know it can be daunting to go to somewhere new as a total newbie with no idea what you are supposed to do at these places.

You’ve got Lincolnshire airsoft club at combat zone, Humber airsoft at south ferriby and I’m the Gaol which are all roughly near you. I’d try the Gaol it’s a awesome time.

46 minutes ago, Firemontage said:

I was looking at the Gaol last night, looks really good there. Went to book and the closest date available now is 1st April so it looks like the available spaces go quick. 

The Gaol is a fun urban site. Marshals are good at their job and yes... Spots do go quick there lol. Can't remember the capacity but when I went on 25th Feb it was near full and there was roughly 50? players lol. (despite the -4 temps!)

45 minutes ago, LightningCh said:

The Gaol is a fun urban site. Marshals are good at their job and yes... Spots do go quick there lol. Can't remember the capacity but when I went on 25th Feb it was near full and there was roughly 50? players lol. (despite the -4 temps!)

What sort of game types do they run there? Going to try and book in for next month I think and hopefully it wont be -4 outside!

1 minute ago, Firemontage said:

What sort of game types do they run there? Going to try and book in for next month I think and hopefully it wont be -4 outside!

It was mainly variations of attack and defend style eg.
Attackers push defenders back by clearing buildings
Attackers have to position 2 bombs and hold off the defenders
Attackers have to turn on strip lights within buildings to push defenders back.

And we did 1 Team Death match game lol.

I would say rinse and repeat style of attack/defend but you switched ends as well as objectives so it was never truly the same game each time. They worked a lot better than you would think (albeit the few cheaters on both sides made life a little difficult lol)

Archived