best gun proformance

Oneshotonekill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys 

I’ve just been down to my local site. Battlestations cqb and when I was there I spoke to a guy about r hops and he said it makes a massive difference. Now my m4 is fully kitted out with internal upgrades accept from the barrel! Now I’ve seen these things call maple leaf omega nubs now that looks like the r hop thingy. But what I want to know is will it get me better proformance and what do I do to install it. 

Many thanks George 

• Root Admin

You need to do some research - this is already very well documented and is nothing new. You will likely not get all the answers from one thread.

In summary though: R-hops are good, but people still install them incorrectly. Watch a couple of videos on how to do them and follow along carefully. Similar (if not equal) results can still be attained from VSR-type hopup buckings, but if you get your R-hop done correctly it's pretty hard to beat. You will also need to look into an 'extended window' R-hop and modifying your barrel window should you be using BBs that're over ~0.35g for something like your L96. If this is only about your M4 then you don't need to worry about that.

People over at the sniper forum will tell you that the maple leaf bucking is 99% of the performance of an R hop without the hassle of a perfect instal. The AEG bucking isn’t as good as the VSR, but it is still very good. I put one in my brothers jg g36c and it shoots flat out to an impressive distance.

Essentially. Providing you use the omega nub with it. What’s your FPS? You need to get the right degree bucking for the FPS 

The Maple Leaf + Omega nub isn't quite an R hop, but it offers most of the performance for a lot less hassle.

Use the converter chart, as it’s not really about FPS, it’s about Joules.

Look up how many Joules your gun is, then see what that is on 0.2’s in FPS  

J20BfU3.jpg

Where do they let you play with a 350 FPS gun on a .25? I’d say a 70degree bucking would suit you. 

On 26/02/2018 at 6:24 PM, Oneshotonekill said:

All the sites that I go to mate but I don’t know how they let me but I might be wrong with my readings

Which ones specifically?

The maximum I have seen a site allow .25 chrono is 316fps. That was the Gaol.

• Supporters
On 25/02/2018 at 9:40 PM, Oneshotonekill said:

My FPS is 350 with 0.25.

That's 1.42J.  If it can shoot full auto then what you have there is a lethal barrelled firearm, not an airsoft gun.

Do the rest of us a favour and don't use that gun in CQB even if you manage to sneak it past the chrono.

11 minutes ago, Oneshotonekill said:

Yeah guys sorry my bad just got myself a new chrono today and with 0.2s it’s shooting 348 consistent 

Ok, so now we have a gun that's actually safe and legal to use on the field lol. Everyone can stop panicking when they see you now lol

Archived