[Advice] Helmets

FreeFrag.UK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

So I've ordered up an MTP Plater Carrier although I'm only doing CQC at the moment. I'd just like some advice on helmets and suggestions. I've got some Revision Ballistic Ant Goggles on order and I'm currently using a mesh lower face protector from One Tigris, something which I was very grateful at my most recent session. In the long term I intend to add a pair of electronic ear defenders to whatever setup I got with.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

FreeFrag

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-head-protection Scroll down, Although I think it's down to personnel preference and budget. If I was to buy one though I'd probably look at between these 2, http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-head-protection/8fields-tactical-mich-2000-style-lightweight-helmet-olive-green.htm#.WpLvDmrFK70 and http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-head-protection/1-emersongear-replica-exf-bump-helmet-olive.htm#.WpLvWGrFK70 and spray to what ever environment you'll be fighting in. 

From what I’ve seen on countless load outs, most helmets work with everything!

if you like the style then it’ll probably work :) 

what type of plate carrier did you get? (More modern ones might fit Fast helmets or TW Exfil more than older mich ones)

an interesting nosey for you also, go on Instagram and and find “the_bucket_page”

full of cool helmet loadouts and ideas.

• Supporters

User preference will play a big part in your decision but at the end of the day they're all a bit of plastic you stick on your head. 

Fast helmets have been my go to for a while now as I like the style but there's plenty of other designs to choose from. 

• Supporters

The 8fields one is only £9 on Taiwan gun , but the postage is fixed rate of £11 which makes it more expensive, BUT if you can get some mates together put a bigger order in (they sell Loads of different stuff) then you could split the P&P cost . Idea ? 

• Supporters

If you go for a FAST style helmet, spend the extra and get an FMA one with the dial adjuster. They're so much better than the Emersons.

• Moderators

2nd that, all do the same job but the dial adjuster makes it easier to adjust :)

• Head Moderator

Agree, may be a bit more expensive but worth it.

Sorry for the late response, got bogged down with RL.

On 2/25/2018 at 5:18 PM, Corky2110 said:

what type of plate carrier did you get? (More modern ones might fit Fast helmets or TW Exfil more than older mich ones)

I have picked up one of the Osprey carriers.

As far as helmets go, I'll have a look at those which have been suggested. I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions.

Fast helmet makes the most sense , make sure it is a model with an adjustment dial and it will be comfy, and you can mount you head set to the rails and also your mesh lower mask can be mounted to clips on the helmet which means less straps on your head 

Is the Nuprol or Onetigris worth the price? Obviously the argument attached is that you get what you pay for. I was also wondering what the difference between the two manufacturers was on the helmet front?

As a slight aside, any knee pad suggestions? Nearly did both my knees in the other day when I landed on them rather  hard.

Archived