Problem with the charger

Black_Ice931
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there.

Just got my first gun and with that an Accucel S60 charger for my 11.1v LiPo Battery.

So I connect it into the power line, connect also the red&black connectors (+ on +, - on - sides), I choose all the options for my battery (2.0A, 11.1v, 3S, LiPo) and so far all good.

The problem starts when I try to plug the battery. It says "reverse polarity". So I tried to reverse the power cable but nothing.

Any help?

Thank you all.

20180225_114342.jpg

• Head Moderator

Moved to Advice & Technical Help section

If you plug the Tamiya connector together the only way it fit are you red to red, black to black?

Is difficult to tell 100% from the photo, but I think that's your problem.

55 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

If you plug the Tamiya connector together the only way it fit are you red to red, black to black?

Is difficult to tell 100% from the photo, but I think that's your problem.

Well, of course. They have different shape so you don't mix them up.

round shape is the red, square shape is the black one

Your using an RC adaptor, they usually wire them the opposite to how airsofters do.

The square should be be black and the rounded side should be red like it is on your battery but the adaptor has it the other way around. Same thing happened to me when I ordered from an RC shop!

7 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Your using an RC adaptor, they usually wire them the opposite to how airsofters do.

The square should be be black and the rounded side should be red like it is on your battery but the adaptor has it the other way around. Same thing happened to me when I ordered from an RC shop!

Oh, right....I saw just one side of the cables.

4 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

^^^^That...

Got it now....sorry :(

I guess I have to open those connectors then.

Or....Red must be + or -?

20180225_142615.jpg

Can you swap the leads where they plug into the charger?

Ie plug the black banana plug into the positive output and vice versa.

No, because despite the wire colours being all over the place the battery will actually be connected to the charger in the correct polarity. The charger can't tell what colours the wires are, but it does know when the battery is connected the wrong way around.

5 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

No, because despite the wire colours being all over the place the battery will actually be connected to the charger in the correct polarity. The charger can't tell what colours the wires are, but it does know when the battery is connected the wrong way around.

Ok, now it works.

But nother question: the battery is 11.1v, is normal that? (see the picture related)

20180225_143932.jpg

Charge is a straight charge without cell balancing.

Fast charge does exactly what it says on the tin but usually is set up to allow the battery temperature to come down towards the end of the charge. I wouldn't bother using it. You're best off charging Lipo at 1C.

Balance charge uses the extra lead to monitor the individual cell voltage and make sure they're all at the same voltage. Takes a bit longer but keeps the pack in good condition. There's usually a way to check the individual cell voltages on the screen which is a good way to keep track of your battery health.

Discharge is for NiMh packs to completely discharge them before recharging. You won't ever need it for Lipo. Fully discharging a Lipo will damage it.

For a 2000mAh battery (which you have) a charging current of 1C=2A. Which fortunately is what you've set the charger for.

Archived