ASG Armalite M15 with custom paint

AndyDynamic
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Love it or hate it, this is my paint job on my M15. First go at spray painting a camo, I was inspired by The Division.

My ASG is now running a reduced spring for 330fps on 0.2, madbull 6.03 barrel and hop unit and I've just grabbed some Turnigy lipos too.

The RIF started out as a two-tone, don't worry I have my UKARA, and at some points the masking pulled the original two-tone paint clean off. I guess it hadn't been applied too well in the first place.

IByTmmV.jpg

JESnTZH.jpg

a1EaBDS.jpg

ToBrFrx.jpg

Guest scalawag

Looks cool mate.  The colours remind me of the "berlin" camo seen on some Chieftain tanks and the AFVs back in the 70's early 80's but from memory that was a bit more blocky.

• Head Moderator

@AndyDynamic I like the painting, although was distracted by the photography which caught my eye, good pictures.

2 hours ago, scalawag said:

The colours remind me of the "berlin" camo seen on some Chieftain tanks and the AFVs back in the 70's early 80's but from memory that was a bit more blocky.

Birlin Brigade 2.jpg

blnbde_02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/24/2018 at 1:28 PM, AndyDynamic said:

Love it or hate it, this is my paint job on my M15. First go at spray painting a camo, I was inspired by The Division.

My ASG is now running a reduced spring for 330fps on 0.2, madbull 6.03 barrel and hop unit and I've just grabbed some Turnigy lipos too.

The RIF started out as a two-tone, don't worry I have my UKARA, and at some points the masking pulled the original two-tone paint clean off. I guess it hadn't been applied too well in the first place.

IByTmmV.jpg

JESnTZH.jpg

a1EaBDS.jpg

ToBrFrx.jpg

Hi there, what are the internals like on this beauty? I am looking into getting a new rifle.

It might act as one of my back-ups depending on its internals.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Callsign.Raptor_ said:

Hi there, what are the internals like on this beauty? I am looking into getting a new rifle.

It might act as one of my back-ups depending on its internals.

I owned one, and sold it not long back, the internals are Ok, wouldn’t rave about them, but wouldn’t criticise either. (Be warned it came firing 370fps) However, for the money I think there is much better out there. In fact if it was my money, instead of the £240ish for this, I’d buy something from G&g, save the money for accessories and game days!

There is one available on PatrolBase.co.uk for £140 would this be worth it?  :      http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/asg-armalite-m15-light-tactical-carbine-black.htm

• Moderators

i won an ASG M15 SIR, when it eventually arrived it was still firing over 370 after being 'downgraded' to get into the country

last time it was 352, 355, 352, 354 as Prisce will remember at Team Green. took 4 aegs with me that day and came back with one.....

DMR selector 'stop' broke so was going to FA!

G33 needed spring upgrade

M15 needed down grade

the CXP UK1 was perfect all day!

ASG, its a nice little gun, fires well and has a good range and i like to use it, only annoying bit is it can sometimes stick in semi so have to fire in FA then move back again

just set a budget for our back up then have a look, try ICS as well, they have some nice AEGs as well as G&G 

16 hours ago, Callsign.Raptor_ said:

There is one available on PatrolBase.co.uk for £140 would this be worth it?  :      http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15-m16-variants/asg-armalite-m15-light-tactical-carbine-black.htm

Hi mate,

As others have said, it's pretty solid for a first RIF - not a lot to go wrong. The gearbox is a Classic Army and when I had it apart it was built ok. Definitely go for that model as a more "budget" model, not sure what that more expensive one is.

With some minor upgrades it's shooting really well and it supports the Amoeba midcap mags no problem. As Ben said it does has a little issue sometimes when it sticks in Semi and you have to switch to Full Auto and back - I read up this can be common with certain types of gearboxes. It's only happened to me once or twice.

1 minute ago, AndyDynamic said:

Hi mate,

As others have said, it's pretty solid for a first RIF - not a lot to go wrong. The gearbox is a Classic Army and when I had it apart it was built ok. Definitely go for that model as a more "budget" model, not sure what that more expensive one is.

With some minor upgrades it's shooting really well and it supports the Amoeba midcap mags no problem. As Ben said it does has a little issue sometimes when it sticks in Semi and you have to switch to Full Auto and back - I read up this can be common with certain types of gearboxes. It's only happened to me once or twice.

Thank you for all of the replies, i shall look further into it. I needs be i will just get a JG G36c

• Supporters

I like it , and don’t normally like painted guns , so you’ve achieved something there ! 😂

Archived