We glock 17 torch and holster

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There's a replica safariland at Taiwan Gun.. 

Will need a slight bit of dremelling though to fit the WE G17.. only took me 10 mins though to carve a channel for the little nobbly bit that protrudes from the slide.

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/holsters/tactical-thigh-holster-for-g-series-with-weaponlight-olive-cs?from=listing&campaign-id=14

4 minutes ago, Jayjay said:

Will need a slight bit of dremelling though to fit the WE G17.. only took me 10 mins though to carve a channel for the little nobbly bit that protrudes from the slide.

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/holsters/tactical-thigh-holster-for-g-series-with-weaponlight-olive-cs?from=listing&campaign-id=14

Oh that look spot on I know  they say that better  off getting a glock 21  holster as the we version  is a bit wider  then a normal glock 

Yeah can do I guess. Though it is literally a case of taking a dremel to it to make a 1/2mm deep channel on the inside. 

The only downside I've found to this holster is the quality of the straps (which could of course easily be changed - But I'm lazy and haven't yet). Compared to the real safariland the straps feel like torniquets if you want it to actually stay flush to your leg. Even compared to other cheap universal leg holsters they are poor.

8 hours ago, Jayjay said:

Yeah can do I guess. Though it is literally a case of taking a dremel to it to make a 1/2mm deep channel on the inside. 

The only downside I've found to this holster is the quality of the straps (which could of course easily be changed - But I'm lazy and haven't yet). Compared to the real safariland the straps feel like torniquets if you want it to actually stay flush to your leg. Even compared to other cheap universal leg holsters they are poor.

Didn't realise it was such a small  am out  that needed to be amended.  For the money can't expect to much 

Exactly.. for the sake of £20 once you included postage it was worth a punt. I'll take a picture of where I've dremeled so you can see.

Aftet looking at the price and having play with a mates pistol torch ive given up on the idea. Of them 

They were like 60 quid  and in my luck it'll be shot out 1st game. And I couldn't get on with the pressure  switch thing.  So I've just been able to  mount a quick detach torch to my rig. Which Is much cheaper and I've just spend the money and brought a kydex  holster. And in the process of talking about possible buying of 2nd hand firehawk.  (  if it falls thoughy ill get an ares stubby m4)

Which means I won't use pistol as much  in cqb  then if I keep using my cm raider and tracer 

• 1 month later...
On 19/02/2018 at 7:35 PM, Jayjay said:

Hi did you purchase this replica safariland , and if so how is it in conjunction with the we g17 , do you have any pics with the we inside of it . Many thanks O.S

• Supporters

Welp, another group for us to look at shutting down... We had to yell at Evike for carrying knock-offs already haha.

On 13/04/2018 at 12:36 AM, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Welp, another group for us to look at shutting down... We had to yell at Evike for carrying knock-offs already haha.

On 13/04/2018 at 12:36 AM, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Ha , Hi want to purchase real safariland will the we g17 fit in a real steal 17 safariland .if so which is a better fit to purchase wthe light model bearing or normal without light bearing would  be better ? Many thanks 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Scogi54 said:

Ha , Hi want to purchase real safariland will the we g17 fit in a real steal 17 safariland .if so which is a better fit to purchase wthe light model bearing or normal without light bearing would  be better ? Many thanks 

The genuine Safariland holsters will not fit WE replicas without some basic modification. WE guns are around a 1/4cm taller than real guns, making them not fit. If you use a heat gun you can reshape the top edge a bit and make them fit. Myself and several others have done this successfully before.

Fobus RBT17.

Used the Nuprol G17 holster for a while and like yourself wanted one that could accommodate a pistol torch too.

Most places you’ll get it for around £20-£25.

At first I was very apprehensive about it, being a button release, but not once in the 6 months I’ve used it every weekend has it came undone by accident.

Would recommend :)

FB2E7DB8-A0AD-41A3-B592-26D57F4E485B.jpeg

F5A60E40-C634-40CC-823F-BC9CC2368282.jpeg

• Supporters

Kydex holster all the way. I made my own but you can have one custom made by a couple of suppliers. 

CC24733E-60AB-43E6-BCE1-17D3487523B1.jpeg

• Supporters
11 hours ago, AnotherOopsie said:

Oh I do like the stippled grip!

Thanks mate. Did that myself. 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Shaun Haynes said:

Yeah  I got a a kydex one and love it but I still never use my pistol. So will probs be selling it soon 

That’s the problem isn’t it having a decent holster but hardly using your sidearm. I made this and I think I’ve used it twice and probably only drawn my sidearm once haha

Archived