Cyma M870 Tri shot upgrade

Lnerjp
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I have a CYMA tri shot M870 and I really like it, however at the site today it was shooting pretty poor, range was pathetic, has anyone upgraded a tri shot, where did you start?

Thanks in advance

J.P.

• Supporters

I'd start by cleaning the barrels.  As to stripping it down, there's a sad paucity of how-tos on shotguns.  If you do strip yours down, could you be a chum and post a video. ;)

26 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'd start by cleaning the barrels.  As to stripping it down, there's a sad paucity of how-tos on shotguns.  If you do strip yours down, could you be a chum and post a video. ;)

I know that feeling. I used a French tutorial on my DE copy M56a.

A right royal pain.

• Supporters

I'd like it if the ostensible "fixed" hop up on my ASG actually did any hopping at all though.  It appears that all three BBs fall off sharply as though they're unhopped.  At some point it's going to bother me enough to strip it down to see if there's actually a hop in there, and whether it could be fettled to be adjustable even if it's by bodging a TDC screw in.   I rather expect the process to be one-way only though, as I can't see any obvious method to get into the internals without taking a mallet to it.

Hmmm, looks like I'll have to be the guina pig for this one, I did read on a forum somewhere that a guy had fitted 3 tighbore barrels to his but that would be quite costly and I'm not that bothered about accuracy, I just want a bit more range.

I will report back, although it might be a few weeks.

J.P.

Archived