Most powerfull sniper

Cookybiscuit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

oh dear.....

we need more info

how much do you have, have you done airsofting before, are you patient, have you sniped before etc....

bore size is generally 6mm but you can get 8mm and maybe 7mm i think- why do you want the largest, out of interest? so it can be like 50 cal?

you cant just buy it you need a defense, ukara or other after 500 fps, it becomes an air rifle i believe, (correct me if im wrong guys) why do you want higher than 500 fps? you wont be able to use it at pretty much any site in the uk. fps is a factor for range but other things make a bigger difference for range its mainly the hop up and barrel

do you play cod?

Marcus

Right....'cracks fingers'

Are you going to use it a a skirmish or some kind of hunting?

Why a large bore? If anything you want a smaller bore!

Do you plan on taking down a frog or a challenger 2?

Oh and mark a company called MGC made a few spring 7mm weapons.

Oh and my freind for a project made a 800FPS 'anti material' rifle that went through 3cm of ply! it was powered by an external gas rig much like ye old JAG guns.

see if I can find some pics

oh dear.....

we need more info

how much do you have, have you done airsofting before, are you patient, have you sniped before etc....

bore size is generally 6mm but you can get 8mm and maybe 7mm i think- why do you want the largest, out of interest? so it can be like 50 cal?

you cant just buy it you need a defense, ukara or other after 500 fps, it becomes an air rifle i believe, (correct me if im wrong guys) why do you want higher than 500 fps? you wont be able to use it at pretty much any site in the uk. fps is a factor for range but other things make a bigger difference for range its mainly the hop up and barrel

do you play cod?

Marcus

I'm looking to get into airsoft, I plan on applying for the UKARA in a few weeks, looking to spend no more than £300 on the gun. I just want something bolt action, very accurate and have a long range. I just want a big mm and huge FPS because I'm stupid like that, I know you cant use it over 500 fps just want to know whats the biggest mm available.

Right....'cracks fingers'

Are you going to use it a a skirmish or some kind of hunting?

Why a large bore? If anything you want a smaller bore!

Do you plan on taking down a frog or a challenger 2?

Oh and mark a company called MGC made a few spring 7mm weapons.

Oh and my freind for a project made a 800FPS 'anti material' rifle that went through 3cm of ply! it was powered by an external gas rig much like ye old JAG guns.

see if I can find some pics

I lol'd.

I'm not very well informed (as you can probably guess lol) but I'm presuming that (basic physics) larger projectiles are effected less by wind and stuff, heavier ammunition carries more momentum and therefore goes furthur at the same FPS, yes? no?

I'm looking to get into airsoft, I plan on applying for the UKARA in a few weeks, looking to spend no more than £300 on the gun. I just want something bolt action, very accurate and have a long range. I just want a big mm and huge FPS because I'm stupid like that, I know you cant use it over 500 fps just want to know whats the biggest mm available.

Ahhh like a real man! Wants to see what is the biggest!

Right! The biggest comercial BB is 8mm but some strange people built a 10mm hunting....Um....tube?

To get a really acurate rifle you will want a TM sniper rifle and upgrade the living hell out of it!

I am sure that some one hear can help you witth that!

Edit: No the large the profectileth more force is needed to push it so the larger the round the laarger the force therefore a smaller projectile the less force is needed to push its weight....

I think.

• Supporters

Basically, get a Tokyo marui VSR 10, they are simple brilliant, get a decent scope, bipod a few spare mags, that'll be great to start wtith. You can hit 50m easily with that you can upgrade from their, uplands go more in-depth later as.phone is about to run out of battery

Basically, get a Tokyo marui VSR 10, they are simple brilliant, get a decent scope, bipod a few spare mags, that'll be great to start wtith. You can hit 50m easily with that you can upgrade from their, uplands go more in-depth later as.phone is about to run out of battery

Cool thanks.

So whats the groupings going to be like on something like that? and what would be its maximum range before the bb started to drop off?

• Supporters

depends on what you do to it.

Also, quick note, 8MM BB's are good for realism in the BB size-real ammo size but not much else, they are much larger area for the wind to hit, and thus both slow down faster and get blow off course easier, also, you don't need 500fps (as has already been said) , aim for 450-470 to be allowed on most sites, but check your local sites rules first.

and most importantly, why do you want to snipe? (be honest)

depends on what you do to it.

Also, quick note, 8MM BB's are good for realism in the BB size-real ammo size but not much else, they are much larger area for the wind to hit, and thus both slow down faster and get blow off course easier, also, you don't need 500fps (as has already been said) , aim for 450-470 to be allowed on most sites, but check your local sites rules first.

and most importantly, why do you want to snipe? (be honest)

Dont want to waste a load of bb's spraying into oblivion, I'd rather sit there like a sneaky b**** and use 1 shot rather than 50. I want a gun with a huge range and be as accurate as possible.

Plus aiming at people down scopes has always been appealing to me for some reason.

• Supporters

well as i said a vsr 10 is probably the best gun for you then, the pro sniper, which is gennerally about £60 cheaper than the g-spec (silenced version) but you can put a silencer on it anyway.

you will need a decent scope: a 3-9x40 would do whcih you can pick up for £20-£200+.

for sniping youll want the fps cranked up to 450-475 fps and to be using heavy bb's. these will not be affected by wind as much as lighter ones and will achieve greater range for your rifle. try .30's and .36's, maybe heavier if needed. get a decent bipod although not necessary, can be useful

internals wont need hugely upgrading to be honest although you will need new sears if you turn up the fps

well as i said a vsr 10 is probably the best gun for you then, the pro sniper, which is gennerally about £60 cheaper than the g-spec (silenced version) but you can put a silencer on it anyway.

you will need a decent scope: a 3-9x40 would do whcih you can pick up for £20-£200+.

for sniping youll want the fps cranked up to 450-475 fps and to be using heavy bb's. these will not be affected by wind as much as lighter ones and will achieve greater range for your rifle. try .30's and .36's, maybe heavier if needed. get a decent bipod although not necessary, can be useful

internals wont need hugely upgrading to be honest although you will need new sears if you turn up the fps

Will the VSR reach 450ish FPS with no upgrades?

Archived