how do you carry yours......

Fat-jd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had a shotgun kicking about for a while used it as a primary once or twice an although it was a blast I didn't find it very effective so I've pondered the idea of using it as a secondary but just can't get comfy with the dam thing so the question is how do you carry yours 

cheers

I have used a single point sling to most effect attached at the stock end. Fine if you're only using pistol as a secondary but if you have something bigger, I'd suggest a back scabbard or a two point sling, slung backwards.

• Supporters

You can get molle sheaths that attach to the back of your PC. That seems like the easiest way. 

How many people actually carry two rifle length guns with them? I feel it would become a bit cumbersome. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

You could adopt a similar method to mine if it helps.

I've got a two point sling on my M4, both clasps going through the sling plate by the buffer tube (granted your sling mount won't be in the exact same place).

Then I have a separate sling mount on the front of the gun and a separate sling clasp hanging from the bottom left hand of my vest.

The gun is fine and dandy on the regular sling, but when I switch to using the pistol for more than a brief move around a corner, I sling the front of the M4 to my vest and it stays put really solidly. 

I used to hate having it swinging around like a donkey's Wotsit whenever I was trying to use the pistol successfully.

You could adopt something similar with your shotgun, but in reverse, unclipping it when you want it free.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Gepard said:

How many people actually carry two rifle length guns with them? I feel it would become a bit cumbersome. 

I occasionally take an M4 and a shotgun out with me and leave one of them at the respawn so that I can swap back and forth.

Spoiler: I almost never swap to the shotgun.  As said, fun, but not exactly room sweepers.

On topic, two point sling, tight on the back.  To shoot, I bring it to the front, slip it over both arms and just have the sling round the back of my neck which probably isn't the best idea from an elfin safety perspective.

after reading the replies doing loads of internet searching and trying every combo I can think of I've come to the conclusion that a shotgun is as much use as t*ts on a fish 

• Supporters

We use a condor scabbard on a strap, easy to use and sits nicely.  A shotty is for up close and personal, and sort of a “support” to my pistol as primary. 

Archived