Reducing Gas fps for Mk23 pistol

sniperslucky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Just started to look into getting a gas pistol, ASG or STTI version of the MK23, site states 420fps can this be reduced by changing the internals as green gas stated on website for fps limits or is the fps incorrect , just don't want to get 1st pistol and be hot when other sites state 300-350fps?

Thanks for any explanation 

Under the impression you would have to not use the silencer/barrel extension.

I have noticed my TMMK23 on Nuprol green is over my sites 350 limit but switching to 144a gas brings it down enough to be useable!..(nowhere near enough of a reduction to be helpful to you though)

• Head Moderator

Spend the extra money and get the TM version. Problem solved :).

• Supporters

My brothers ASG Mk23 is only firing 340fps on green gas with the silencer on. It’s 300 without.

My Tm is only firing 290 on green gas. I’m now only firing 187fps using .4s on red gas. Which is still lower than 350fps. (247.48 is limit on .4s)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 02/03/2018 at 9:21 PM, TARGETSZONE.CO.UK said:

I Think what you are seeing is 420fps with .12g which equates to about 330fps  with .20g

Having run two HFC MK23’s (the original OEM for stti&ASG) I can confirm both were doing between 405-415fps on .2’s with the suppressor/inner barrel extender and again both were running between 336-344fps with out the suppressor . 

16 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Having run two HFC MK23’s (the original OEM for stti&ASG) I can confirm both were doing between 405-415fps on .2’s with the suppressor/inner barrel extender and again both were running between 336-344fps with out the suppressor . 

Wow I am gob smacked that's a lot of power for green Gas

• Head Moderator

That is the joy of non-blow back, the gas is much more efficient and not wasting power moving the slide.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, TARGETSZONE.CO.UK said:

Wow I am gob smacked that's a lot of power for green Gas

Indeed ! When we first saw the numbers our selves we were like WTF ! Even with being non blow back to say we were amazed would be an understatement,  but after repeating a good few times they were very consistent numbers . 

Archived