Have I been kidding myself?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Honestly worrying about nothing! I see plenty of older players in airsoft and it certainly does not hinder a team as everyone plays at their own pace anyway! 

We had a guy at my old site who was 70+ had a walking stick but still managed to play, Just get stuck in and enjoy it and people will admire you more than anything!

• Supporters

generally i don't see many old geezers in airsoft games, well, not until after they've shot me in the backside from a bush.

you can just be slow and methodical, and if you need to take a break, nobody's going to stop you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, lads, thanks to your encouragement, I did it.

My first visit was to the Mill in Wigan today.

Lost count of the number of times I took bbs  in the face, on the hands, chest and bum. Had no idea where many of them were coming from. I did manage to get a few hits on players myself though. And most important of all, it was the most fun I've had since I was a teenager. I'm completely hooked now.

I learned a lot from playing CQB, and lost many of my preconceived ideas. I had been intending to buy a G36 on completion of my three visit probationary period. Now I realise that this probably isn't the gun for me. I held a couple of M4s and they just felt better for my build and constitution. 

People were very friendly, and nobody gave a monkey's about my age.

I just wish I'd done this years ago.

Thanks again for all your help.

Awesome news mate. I’d booked on, but forgot I had my bike booked in for an mot, so I had to leave it. 

Glad you had fun!

8 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Well, lads, thanks to your encouragement, I did it.

My first visit was to the Mill in Wigan today.

Lost count of the number of times I took bbs  in the face, on the hands, chest and bum. Had no idea where many of them were coming from. I did manage to get a few hits on players myself though. And most important of all, it was the most fun I've had since I was a teenager. I'm completely hooked now.

I learned a lot from playing CQB, and lost many of my preconceived ideas. I had been intending to buy a G36 on completion of my three visit probationary period. Now I realise that this probably isn't the gun for me. I held a couple of M4s and they just felt better for my build and constitution. 

People were very friendly, and nobody gave a monkey's about my age.

I just wish I'd done this years ago.

Thanks again for all your help.

How come I never actually posted on here before your visit I don't know...

Anyway, Glad you had a great time! Always good when a new player appears at a site, regardless of age :D

• 4 weeks later...

Attended my second skirmish last Saturday, so any game I play after the 4 May will qualify me to apply for a UKARA number. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed playing CQB, and I am completely committed to the hobby now. 

So thanks again to you all for encouraging me.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

One of us! One of us! One of us!

I love airsoft. Everyone takes the piss out of me for it. But it's just an evolved version of Laser Quest. And I used to f*cking love laser quest :lol::lol:

5 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

One of us! One of us! One of us!

image.png.bf538a92036c1694c75447e458c1fe3d.png

Archived