The price of airsoft

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I recently got a got rack and had all my guns in the same place for the first time and it made me realise just how much I'd spent on airsoft in the relatively short time I've been playing. That rack contains about £1500 of kit and there's got to be another grand in my wardrobe of kit and various optics, attachments and bits and bobs. How much do you guys think you've spent on this game over the years and what's the most expensive single item you've bought?

20180212_190005.jpg

• Supporters

Jeez. I don't think I want to tally up how much I've spent on this moneysink..

Total - I would say around £3,000. Give or take. 

Most expensive item - TM M4 MWS. Think it was £450 or so. 

• Supporters

When I'd been playing for about a year someone asked me that exact same question. The tally came to a shade over £1,700. That was about three years ago...

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

When I'd been playing for about a year someone asked me that exact same question. The tally came to a shade over £1,700. That was about three years ago...

It's just been downhill from there 

Just thinking about that number in my head would have me killed.. there’s probably £3500 just in my profile picture

Oh dont.

Yesterdays game got me thinking. My pistols both gave up (I use them as primarys) and had to run my old combat raider. Took off my RDS as the batteries were flat and took off the tracer as it wasnt working well so basically had just a combat machine and I had one hell of a fun and pretty decent game, bagged some amazing kills, cleared rooms on my own and generally was a pain in the arse for the other team :) 

So coupled with my cheap leg rig and belt I was probably using no more than £180 worth of airsoft gear (the clothes and boots were not purchased for airsoft so wont count them)

Knowing what all my kit cost individually the fact I had such fun with such cheap gear almost pissed me off, hell I have spent almost that amount on a vest and pouches i never use :(

All in all likely around 1.5k I know my brothers on more like 4k or more though. 

• Supporters
Just now, PopRocket123 said:

It's just been downhill from there 

:D True dat!

Most expensive is my Krytac SPR I have used about three times :rolleyes:

Although my TM MK23 with parts, mags, holster etc probably cost about the same all in all <_<

Tbf, I have probably sold on £2,000 or so, so taking this into account...net...it is better for me!!! 

For me it's not just the guns. There's the chrono, the tools, parts, spares, the bits you saw on ebay or dhgate, materials, batteries, software, more tools, prototypes.... But most of all, the time. Unfortunately the job that pays for the fun bits is the thing that doesn't leave you enough time to enjoy the fun bits...

20171011_204050.thumb.jpg.6818af4145c64b92ba35e0c377e9fe6c.jpg20170805_004716.thumb.jpg.0ac5990e0458d39999ad083def5b25b5.jpgreceived_10159181392655265.jpeg.13f19d435dd258ac27eb5a23272cbc25.jpegsalient_arms_companion_guns_by_darkassassin069-dajjblw.thumb.jpg.0f2ba7ba5b1d31b3a4c5279fbb56f8b3.jpg

I would hate to put a price on how much I have spent over the last few years... but it is too much.

The most expensive item has to be this... My Daytona G&P M4.2dh7oR4h.thumb.jpg.55a68293996897a4768ebd33075aec95.jpg

It cost as you see it about £1500 That includes me having the specific gun I wanted shipped from China to Canada to have them add a Daytona kit to it then ship it to me then I changed the front end including barrel shroud, muzzle, stock, grip added the TM M320 and had it painted.

Worth every penny too!

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Snip

Simply answering a question dude...

If the guy with the hoodie gets a shot on me good on him, I never said I was the best just I am stupid enough to spend allot of money on guns I want, so sue me.

Let's see..

So far I've spent around 2500/2700€ on my airsoft gear throughout the last 2 years, didn't count the low cost crap I bought when I started (but let's say it's another €400ish)..

In the next months I'll be spending another 500 probably...

Damn.. That's €1000 shorter than my 2014 Suzuki Burgman..

Honestly dude, why are you hurting us like this :'(

14 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

It was a general statement don't be so paranoid.

Which comes from a recent discussion we had :P

But yeah, being paranoid doesn't help :P

• Supporters

I actually reckon I’m only about £800 in net, bought a lot of second hand kit broken and started learning to fix it all, sold it on for good money, never had any returns or comments that it wasn’t how I described. (Reminds me I have a few bits of gear I have to list)

If if we are talking how much it should have all been new? I could have bought a decent car with that budget!

I've always wondered why people display their airsoft guns on display boards and stuff like that at home... having being burgled I don't leave anything to chance these days. If you've spent a fortune on gear/guns etc why would you not want to keep them as safe as possible? 

As for how much I've spent on airsoft... seems a bit like a dick measuring contest to be honest.

• Supporters

About[*] £400.

On 13/02/2018 at 07:37, James1989 said:

Depends who's asking... if its my wife about a grand. Honestly probably a bit more...

I admitted that my toy gun cost all of £75, which horrified the missus.  If she ever looks in my bag and finds the shotty, pistol, two grenades and the rest, then I'll need to find a cheap divorce lawyer.

[*] Not counting the stuff that I don't want to count, but probably another £100 if I did.

• Moderators

i cant really say but i know if my wife decided to sell it all it would be for a 10th of the cost....as thats what ive had to tell her!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i did try and work out the other day, but tbh most of my clothing / tac gear ive got when on discounts so that has helped.....

might try and work out what ive spent in the 2 years! 

Archived