Commando tactical training

GWA684
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, GWA684 said:

Yeah this is what we are thinking mate. We get it wont be eveyones cup of tea but at the same time I'd imagine there's also people that want learn a bit. 

I loved CQB when i was still in, couldn't do enough of it and was lucky enough to do it on ops. Hopefully just pass a bit of experience

There is a market for ‘experiences’, so partnered with a site you could run some.

We have had an ex instructor on the team so have had him do some interpreting of skills and applying them to games.  

In that way ‘military tactics’ can be applied to game play with the reinterpretation to the circumstances and the player being able to quick think for the situation, as opposed to copying/directly applying ‘military tactics’ 

We’ve run a few experience games with customers as applying some skills such as working together pepperpotting / fire & manouver, CQB stacking for entry & room clearance etc, and interpreting the situation.  Such as a defenders advantage and the need for attacker’s to push and be fast & aggressive.

Balancing that with the advantage of gaining some ground but the risk of your ‘life’

If you’ve got to get into a building then you’re going to lose players, if you’re going to burst in and sacrifice yourself are you going to lose all that effort while you’re away respawning or are others going to be able to hold & push further on making it worthwhile

(or are there other factors such as medics to follow you etc)

You can put together an ‘experience’ session giving people off the street a day out.  This can be good fun to disregard game rules such as being out when hit, but to put them in a mission situation and tell them that they aren’t hit unless you tell them ..... eg:

1) give lessons in the basics of stacking up and entering, then room clearance.  

2) have them do a sequence run through up against picture targets etc (possibly choosing to shoot the bad guys & rescue then good guys/hostages)

3) another run through with defenders shooting at them, but they keep on going even if shot, (probably have the defenders fire some shots then pull back, so the attacker’s are invincible but have to halt and fight)

4) have a game or games with the players up against each other applying the skills they have just learned, but now having to take their hits etc

22 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

There is a market for ‘experiences’, so partnered with a site you could run some.

We have had an ex instructor on the team so have had him do some interpreting of skills and applying them to games.  

In that way ‘military tactics’ can be applied to game play with the reinterpretation to the circumstances and the player being able to quick think for the situation, as opposed to copying/directly applying ‘military tactics’ 

We’ve run a few experience games with customers as applying some skills such as working together pepperpotting / fire & manouver, CQB stacking for entry & room clearance etc, and interpreting the situation.  Such as a defenders advantage and the need for attacker’s to push and be fast & aggressive.

Balancing that with the advantage of gaining some ground but the risk of your ‘life’

If you’ve got to get into a building then you’re going to lose players, if you’re going to burst in and sacrifice yourself are you going to lose all that effort while you’re away respawning or are others going to be able to hold & push further on making it worthwhile

(or are there other factors such as medics to follow you etc)

You can put together an ‘experience’ session giving people off the street a day out.  This can be good fun to disregard game rules such as being out when hit, but to put them in a mission situation and tell them that they aren’t hit unless you tell them ..... eg:

1) give lessons in the basics of stacking up and entering, then room clearance.  

2) have them do a sequence run through up against picture targets etc (possibly choosing to shoot the bad guys & rescue then good guys/hostages)

3) another run through with defenders shooting at them, but they keep on going even if shot, (probably have the defenders fire some shots then pull back, so the attacker’s are invincible but have to halt and fight)

4) have a game or games with the players up against each other applying the skills they have just learned, but now having to take their hits etc

Yeah that's a good shout, thanks. We were thinking of a round robin of basic skills in the morning, then in the afternoon running something similar. 

Thanks for the advice

47 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

This makes sense, I would consider paying for some different type of games based around tactics at The Mall for example. Mini scenario based games or such where group tactics were more important than spamming the sh*t out of players, or even capture/defend the hostage.

Rainbow six seige meets airsoft for example. I mean it may not work, but would make an interesting change to a sunday skirmish

• Supporters

The first thing I'd suggest that you decide is whether you're teaching military techniques for their own sake, or whether you're teaching pragmatic airsoft skills.

The two aren't necessarily the same.  I doubt that any military schools consider the distance to respawn as a factor in whether you should Leeroy Jenkins yourself in order to break an impasse, for example.

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The first thing I'd suggest that you decide is whether you're teaching military techniques for their own sake, or whether you're teaching pragmatic airsoft skills.

The two aren't necessarily the same.  I doubt that any military schools consider the distance to respawn as a factor in whether you should Leeroy Jenkins yourself in order to break an impasse, for example.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm sure there was another thread just like this recently... 

• 1 month later...

I think some of the successful companies that already do this also provide training for the film industry to get actors looking a bit more realistic and that is their bread and butter - they offer the training to anyone who will pay and sometimes advertise to airsofters but its by no means their main market.

In regards to how well real tactics apply to airsoft....I agree that some of it doesn't wont fit but there is still a good deal to learn. A forces mate showed me how to clear rooms properly and get through doors and stuff and thats been very beneficial.  

I would love to learn proper drills for reacting to fire when moving across ground and stuff however I know that sort of thing you really need a team (all of whom willing to learn and use it) and I have never found a group of local mates who play often enough that theres always a group out AND all willing to learn the stuff

5 hours ago, messy said:

. A forces mate showed me how to clear rooms properly and get through doors and stuff and thats been very beneficial.  

Best way is to follow me... I chuck pyro, run in and will take all the bbs and you and the one behind you clear out the defenders!! Im happy being a lemming if it means we advance. 

The thing is, in real life soldiers move tactically because one wrong step could mean the end. In airsoft, one wrong step means HIT and walk back to spawn. So like @ImTriggerHappy said, the benefit of using tactical manouvres is completely pointless unless everyone is using them.

The best way to clear a room is to run in, get shot and remember how many people are in there and where and run like f*ck back to spawn so you can get back into play and try to assault the room and advise other live players what the dealio is with enemy positions.

Archived