Air soft gun painting

Pepgamer4u
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Have you got a valid defence to buy an all black RIF ? If you have then you can paint it any colour you want . if you don’t ? Then you can’t buy a RIF you’d have to buy one of the abominations that are the two-tone guns and your NOT allowed to paint them , but you can cover it with an easily removable covering , scrim scarf , self retaining camo tape , etc .

Hello mate,

If you’re gonna paint it, why don’t you buy a two tone version (if you don’t have a valid defence, which I assume you don’t as being a new player) and paint it? 

• Supporters
On 09/02/2018 at 0:49 AM, Nasro said:

Hello mate,

If you’re gonna paint it, why don’t you buy a two tone version (if you don’t have a valid defence, which I assume you don’t as being a new player) and paint it? 

If he does do this he’s breaking the law , your not allowed to paint over two-tones if you don’t have a valid defence , end off .

thems the rules and ‘rules is rules !’ ;)

19 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

If he does do this he’s breaking the law , your not allowed to paint over two-tones if you don’t have a valid defence , end off .

thems the rules and ‘rules is rules !’ ;)

You can’t even paint them any other colour? 

4 hours ago, Nasro said:

You can’t even paint them any other colour? 

Section 36 1b

You cannot repaint, remove paint or otherwise modify an IF to a RIF

You could paint a bright red IF into a bright blue IF but not to Matt red as that wouldn’t qualify as an IF

The act doesn’t specify how the IF is painted so you could redesign the paint scheme as long as more than 50% one of the specified colours (it doesn’t necessarily require one colour to make more than 50% but then you would be testing the interpretation of the law)

It is legal to temporary cover the bright colour to play at a skirmish, eg using tape camoform wrap, get wrap etc

It is also felt to be legal to repaint or remove paint once you have a Defence under the act 

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/36

36Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a)he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(b)he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

You have to have a ukara to buy a black gun. If you don’t have a ukara then the shop should be able to two tone it for you so it is obvious it’s not a real firearm. 

There are some examples  of shops I have come across where they will sell you a black gun without a ukara they just won’t give you a receipt.

in my experience police don’t really care about a ukara or know what it is. It more of a license within the industry to regulate who can and can’t buy airsoft gun that look realistic 

• Head Moderator

@Pepgamer4u please read the forum rules.  Do not keep making duplicate topics.  I have merged the current ones.  

• Head Moderator

@Pepgamer4u Because you are under 18 you cannot buy any airsoft guns.  It is illegal to sell you one.  (Also answered in your topic in UK Law section).  

• Head Moderator

Your parents can buy an IF two tone gun, they will need a defence to buy a RIF black gun.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Pritch said:

You have to have a ukara to buy a black gun. If you don’t have a ukara then the shop should be able to two tone it for you so it is obvious it’s not a real firearm. 

It more of a license within the industry to regulate who can and can’t buy airsoft gun that look realistic 

I know it’s a generally accepted description of UKARA registration but i really hate the term ‘license’ when talking about registration , it’s not a licence it’s simply a register of entitled to buy players put forward by a few retailers as a way to control the market . All you need is a 3rd party insured site membership that’s all , don’t get me wrong I do see the use of a register and it’s benefit  , but it does wind me up when you ring up a retailer to buy a new toy and you say sorry no ukara but if you email XYZ site they’ll confirm my status and they trot out some “oh you can’t buy with out a UKARA licence !” Don’t be so fecking lazy , a 30sec email to conferm and I’m going to give you several hundred pounds for a product you payed substantially less for . And don’t give me any b****ox about the time it takes , Ive been in a few Airsoft shops in my time and there not exactly packed out with customers when I’ve been there , we’re not talking Tesco’s after payday are we ? .

And breath ! 

Archived