Nwebie rules and equate

Lnerjp
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On the site I play the rules seem a little bit woolly, do players normally count friendly fire, playing CQB in the dark at my local site it tends to happen a lot.

Also do hits to your gun count?

Cheers

J.P.

• Head Moderator

Yes, all the sites I have played count friendly fire as a hit.  Playing CQB means that I often get shot as many times by my side as by the other team. 

No, to gun hits if you are holding the gun. We just yell "gun hit" and carry on.  However, if the gun is not in your hand then it counts as a normal hit, same as any other equipment.

Each site has its own rules.

I find it's different depending on the site. Normally friendly fire counts, I've not played anywhere that's not the case yet (how can you tell for certain it's friendly?).

Gun hits are different though; some do, some don't. My main group of sites (RIFT Airsoft) plays gun hits don't count. But first time I went to Gunman Airsoft Tuddenham I got yelled at because my barrel was sticking out of a window for about 5 minutes getting hosed and I didn't take any hits :rolleyes: morale of the story, if it's not mentioned in briefing, double check with a marshal ;)

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, Greg147 said:

(how can you tell for certain it's friendly?).

I have seen players friendly fire a team mate and then not call the hit because "I didn't mean to shoot you" and "It's ok, we are on the same team so it don't count".

5 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

I have seen players friendly fire a team mate and then not call the hit because "I didn't mean to shoot you" and "It's ok, we are on the same team so it don't count".

Well if someone owns up to it I suppose that helps :lol: what I mean is there's been a fair few time's I've been hit in the back and rolled my eyes as I walk back to respawn, thinking it had to be friendly fire, but then on the other hand there are some exceptionally sneaky players out there...

• Head Moderator
3 minutes ago, Greg147 said:

but then on the other hand there are some exceptionally sneaky players out there...

Yes, I have been caught many times by them, often as I am trying to do the same sneaky thing. Trying to flank players at The Mall with a Mk23 is always fun.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Lnerjp said:

On the site I play the rules seem a little bit woolly

They shouldn't be.  There should be a clear briefing at the start of every day covering the rules and safety procedures.

Do they not have any hire players?

The Depot runs the same rules as Jedi_Master said.  if you get hit with a BB, you're out - it doesn't know it's supposed to be friendly.

On 09/02/2018 at 1:43 PM, Rogerborg said:

They shouldn't be.  There should be a clear briefing at the start of every day covering the rules and safety procedures.

Do they not have any hire players?

The Depot runs the same rules as Jedi_Master said.  if you get hit with a BB, you're out - it doesn't know it's supposed to be friendly.

What he said. There should be a detailed briefing at the start of the day and usually at the beginning of each ‘scenario’ explaining the rules and any specific instructions, if you are unsure of anything at any point in the day the marshal(s) should be readily available to answer your questions.

At combat action games friendly fire is counted as a hit. Frustratingly I tend to get shot more by my own side than the opposing team guess that’s what happens when your a sneaky beaky who outflanks a lot. 

Gun hits count unless it’s a support weapon on a mount or with its bipod deployed to be static. 

Everything else, kit, webbing, rucksacks etc are all counted as a hit too. 

At the site I play all hits are hits, friendly fire & gun hits are considered hits. 

The line they use, if it hits between the bottom of your feet to the top of your head/helmet its considered a kill. 

Archived