AFUK Patches - link broken?

Robert James
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I submitted a report about 5 months ago but nothing came of it. Supposedly @Devastator handles the patches but he's hardly online and never got back to my PM.

I ended up finding one on eBay that I guess a previous user was selling. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I've decided that I'll design a new, independent AF-UK Patch.

Waiting to get an official one is not worth it.

Give me an evening and we'll have a new unofficial patch.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Robert James said:

What if its bad? ;)

I'm a patch hoarder. 

It'll be good. I used to make patches for gamers back in the day.

I can get them made by the lady who makes my ghostbuster patches too, so there'll be no minimum order and they'll be cheap.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

It'll be good. I used to make patches for gamers back in the day.

I can get them made by the lady who makes my ghostbuster patches too, so there'll be no minimum order and they'll be cheap.

I really like simple styles such as the UKAPU patch. Could you have a couple different colours such as green and tan? 

20180208_174948.jpg

• Supporters

Perhaps other more artistically gifted users could also submit designs? I'd love to see a bunch of variations to pick from.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, L3wisD said:

That's up there with some of Trump's tweets :lol:;)

Variety. Variations... *clicks in head*. 

:rolleyes:

And ouch.. Being compared to the manchild in chief? That hurts man :P

• Moderators

be interested in new ones....i have a few of the tan ones but would like some basic black versions as well, kinda subdued... 

• Root Admin

Unfortunately I've been in touch with Devastator a couple of time before about doing runs of custom AFUK 'yearly' (or even 6-monthly) badges to support the community. He seemed very unreceptive, so I wouldn't expect the ones @L3wisD is going to make to be 'official' (not that this should matter).

I believe the link was taken down because it was too much effort to post them. In the run-up to it being removed people were experiencing delays of over a month to get theirs and many had to send PMs to chase it up. I suppose it's been decided that it's easier not to bother (which is a shame).

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Unfortunately I've been in touch with Devastator a couple of time before about doing runs of custom AFUK 'yearly' (or even 6-monthly) badges to support the community. He seemed very unreceptive, so I wouldn't expect the ones @L3wisD is going to make to be 'official' (not that this should matter).

I believe the link was taken down because it was too much effort to post them. In the run-up to it being removed people were experiencing delays of over a month to get theirs and many had to send PMs to chase it up. I suppose it's been decided that it's easier not to bother (which is a shame).

If he's unwilling to do it himself why doesn't he just post them to another admin? A forum patch obviously interests a fair few people. I assume they've already been bought and paid for? If so it would be a shame to see them go to waste over sheer laziness. 

It's starting to grate on me that we all post on a forum that is run by someone who doesn't care about the up keep of this place.

Happy for (whatever small amount of) ad revenue to keep coming in.

Maybe we should start a new spin off forum from this one?

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

It's starting to grate on me that we all post on a forum that is run by someone who doesn't care about the up keep of this place.

Ehh.. An interesting idea but at least AF-UK is already established. The time and money required to created a new one and get the rest of the forum to jump ship is probably more effort than it's worth. Not to mention the wealth of information that's been submitted over the years. 

I don't know how much control the admins have here but it seems manageable enough - even without the owner. Still, if somebody wanted to follow through with this I'd give it my full support. I've just spent way more time than I'd like to admit on similar projects to have some idea on what it would require and aren't sure it's something others would want to persue. 

• Root Admin
25 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Na.

Look, I'm airing the dirty laundry now because it's been too long and I see these sorts of things coming up semi-frequently, but I think Airsoft Nation use IPB and that's full of mongs. The core membership here has always been the real strength of this community and - although it's waned a bit - it's still a huge asset that most other forums don't have (Arnies probably being the other one where there is actual content worth reading IMO).

Archived