Newbie in airsoft at the age of 63

gasman
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone just wish to say hello and looking forward to a nice summer of being shot at. I used to shoot small- bore and full-bore rifles so air soft inaccuracy is quite frustrating as it seems quantity over quality rules.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :). Yes, and targets will not fall over when hit, or always call their "hit!"  Still it is fun.

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  Never too late to start, and there are always plenty of dirty old men lurking in the woods.

I like PurpleHelmet's rant piece on airsoft tech being myth-building around ropey engineering.  Me, I'm amazed that a low energy fraction-of-a-gram sphere being shot from a blowgun ever goes in anything like the direction that it's been pointed.

On 08/02/2018 at 3:00 PM, gasman said:

Hi everyone just wish to say hello and looking forward to a nice summer of being shot at. I used to shoot small- bore and full-bore rifles so air soft inaccuracy is quite frustrating as it seems quantity over quality rules.

Hi mate welcome to the forum. I'm sure your going to like it here, it's a great forum. 

I too shoot RS your right in most case the airsoft is not as accurate shooting more so long range but you can get some pretty accurate guns. :)

Happy shooting. 

ATB Marc 

Archived