CQB sites and automatic fire?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

Nah there has been a complete ban on lasers for about a year. They rarely made it past first game without a ban anyway.

Fair enough, could never really see the point anyway to be honest. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Found that video.

The poor sap who eats too many BBs is around the one minute mark. I may have overestimated the amount though, looks like six...

Bewarned the entire video is to the sound of Limp Bizkit's "Break stuff" icon_lol.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Found that video.

The poor sap who eats too many BBs is around the one minute mark. I may have overestimated the amount though, looks like six...

Bewarned the entire video is to the sound of Limp Bizkit's "Break stuff" icon_lol.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

It's a bit unnecessary but no worse than a lot of what goes on in The Mall or indeed any other CQB site.

Personally I don't have a problem with full auto as long as people aren't dicks about it. But of course, if they're dicks then they'll be a dick with anything so...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

It's a bit unnecessary but no worse than a lot of what goes on in The Mall or indeed any other CQB site.

Personally I don't have a problem with full auto as long as people aren't dicks about it. But of course, if they're dicks then they'll be a dick with anything so...

Yep been on the end of a lot worse, normal for any cqb site that allows stupid people to play i.e. airsofters.

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

This ^

unfortunately the "dont be a dick"rule is sadly lost on some people as what id consider dickish behavior to another is completely justified.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Im not sure i understand why places ban lasers as the majority of airsoft lasers from my understanding were night high powered enough to do any lasting damage if at all?

Insurance.

On the off chance that someone rocks up with a genuine PEQ15 and points it in some kids face.

• Supporters

Having said that the vast majority of airsoft lasers are <1mW Class 1 devices which are classified as "intrinsically safe" because they can't produce enough power to damage the eye/skin.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Having said that the vast majority of airsoft lasers are <1mW Class 1 devices which are classified as "intrinsically safe" because they can't produce enough power to damage the eye/skin.

but they are made in china so you never know! :lol:

Ive only had mine on a few times, normally at rented work night games where i know the others have no scopes :)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

airsoft lasers

Bought from the same places that sell "10,000" Lumen flashlights for £2, powered by "8,000mAh" batteries?  Granted, you're less likely to get more than you've paid for from SupaBestSella1823, but it's a lottery.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Lozart said:

Insurance.

On the off chance that someone rocks up with a genuine PEQ15 and points it in some kids face.

I have a real PEQ15, quite regularly point it at peoples faces as the NOHD for both the IR and visible lasers is less than 10cm when it’s on low power.  

High power is is completely unnecessary and will burn retinas at a mile. 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, L3wisD said:

There was a video from some Milsim Team at the mall the other week (which, typically, I can't find now...)

And they were spamming the f*ck out of players there.

Going into the corridors behind Peacocks and a guy came round the corner about 4ft in front of them and they must have put 6 or 8 rounds into the guy, with half of them after he had his hand up. Madness.

Two I'd understand, but come on, there's no need for nearly ten shots into a guy.

As we always say about the septic’s (and I’m sure that’s who there basing them selves on)

‘all the gear , but no f**king idea !’ Me thinks ? ;)

Sometimes I do wonder if considered dickish behavior is the person on the receiving end being a bit salty because they have been outplayed... (not referencing the video) I've seen it before where a few guys are holding off an area and a team will outplay them and do it really freaking well and then the defenders get salty they've been done over and make all sorts of complaints (this is while I've been marshaling and been physically standing there watching)

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Sometimes I do wonder if considered dickish behavior is the person on the receiving end being a bit salty because they have been outplayed... (not referencing the video) I've seen it before where a few guys are holding off an area and a team will outplay them and do it really freaking well and then the defenders get salty they've been done over and make all sorts of complaints (this is while I've been marshaling and been physically standing there watching)

A lot of times it is I have seen people accuse players of all sorts just because the other player is outplaying them.

Once stood there listening to two guys discussing how they were going to report me for cheating because they were getting pissed off with me shooting them. The look on their faces when I stepped round the corner and shot them and they realised I had heard it was the highlight of my day.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Almost definitely. I had a game at South Coast CQB where I was tight against a wall and this guy way popping round the corner and pinging at me. Not one shot hit me but after about a dozen shots he called out "well, are you going to take your hits then?". And it went downhill from there, he jumped around the corner and rinsed me (fair and square) and kept banging on about me cheating. 

Unfortunately there seems to be an element that think they hit whatever they aim at regardless of distance, accuracy or (in the case of The Mall) windows in the way. Anyone that doesn't fall into this imagined world is therefore a cheater. Same with the over shooting aspect. Just because someone doesn't react straight away and put their hand up immediately that they're hit doesn't mean they haven't taken it and are therefore cheating and should be rinsed with full auto for half a mag!

• Supporters

When you come down too it it’s simple really some players are honorable AND others are lying cheating shitspeckledmuppetfarts ? .;)

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Lozart said:

Unfortunately there seems to be an element that think they hit whatever they aim at regardless of distance, accuracy or (in the case of The Mall) windows in the way.

Heh.  I was playing at the Depot on Sunday and putting shot after shot through a gap in the showroom walls into the back of some cheating fecker who was just ignoring them.

Then I remembered that they'd put up perspex there a few months back. Really clean, it was...

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Lozart said:

Almost definitely. I had a game at South Coast CQB where I was tight against a wall and this guy way popping round the corner and pinging at me. Not one shot hit me but after about a dozen shots he called out "well, are you going to take your hits then?". And it went downhill from there, he jumped around the corner and rinsed me (fair and square) and kept banging on about me cheating. 

The one day I played at South Coast had the worst standard of play of any site I've played at in the last 4 years. Hot guns(I had scars on my thigh from being shot at around 30 metres by an AEG for 6 months and we watched people fail chrono to be told it was fine), people slowly drawing and shooting on you after being hit, people being extremely aggressive when shot and even someone full autoing someone whilst he was dead and waiting just outside the game area.

The biggest problem I've come across is where there are assumptions made about what someone else is doing, which I think ties in with what I've quoted you saying. For instance if you think they are cheating you start overkilling everyone or shooting their head "so they feel it" and i've seen a clear rise in people deliberately aiming for the head in the last couple of years after all the conversations online about shooting people in the head if they "cheat". Problem is unless you know for a fact they are cheating you are just being a dick.

Not to mention site operators that think people shouldn't be banned if they are a regular or make mediocre youtube videos. Funny how sites that just ban people for this behaviour don't have nearly the amount of issues with suspicious players.

I actually think it's a shame full auto is generally banned in CQB but I can see why as all it takes is a few people being silly. However, the players that spam the trigger really hard on semi tend to have awful trigger discipline so will merrily keep shooting you for a while after you shout hit and raise your hand so I don't think it really eliminates much overkill.

• Supporters

Actual cheating is few and far between most none hits are either just not noticed or not actual hits. If someone doesn't call overshooting to make a point makes you the bigger dick.

As for sites allowing the behaviour of regulars to slide they should take a tip from the mall. As all regulars are held to a higher standard and any infractions are dealt with even more harshly. Where a new guy might get a chat I would get a sit out or ban as we have no excuse.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

If someone doesn't call overshooting to make a point makes you the bigger dick.

Autospam at close range, sure, that's being a dick.  But until you raise your hand, I will cheerfully pew-pause-pew-pause-pew you all day long without the slightest twinge of conscience.  I don't care if your "gun was down", if you were "walking to respawn", "obviously dead", or even a player-marshall.  If you don't want to be shot, all you have to do is to raise your hand, but you do have to raise it.

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

As for sites allowing the behaviour of regulars to slide they should take a tip from the mall. As all regulars are held to a higher standard and any infractions are dealt with even more harshly. Where a new guy might get a chat I would get a sit out or ban as we have no excuse.

When's the last time a regular was banned?

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Autospam at close range, sure, that's being a dick.  But until you raise your hand, I will cheerfully pew-pause-pew-pause-pew you all day long without the slightest twinge of conscience.  I don't care if your "gun was down", if you were "walking to respawn", "obviously dead", or even a player-marshall.  If you don't want to be shot, all you have to do is to raise your hand, but you do have to raise it.

When's the last time a regular was banned?

If someone doesn't call feel free to shoot but not to have Princess Stampy moment and do the whole shoot at the face or full auto anger spas.

It happens I am not privy to the inner workings of the place but I know some who have gone. To be fair if you are a bit of a piss taker you probably wouldn't end up as a regular as you would already be gone. It's a great friendly place full of banter but still when it comes down to it ran about as proffesional as any airsoft site can be.

To be honest regulars from a business side have limited value. site owners make more money from hires and if one or two players can keep other players away by their behavior then most site owners will get shot of them. the site i attend has a strike system and has band two people this year for behavior and poor sportsmanship. 

On 2/9/2018 at 3:25 PM, Esoterick said:

The biggest problem I've come across is where there are assumptions made about what someone else is doing, which I think ties in with what I've quoted you saying. For instance if you think they are cheating you start overkilling everyone or shooting their head "so they feel it" and i've seen a clear rise in people deliberately aiming for the head in the last couple of years after all the conversations online about shooting people in the head if they "cheat". Problem is unless you know for a fact they are cheating you are just being a dick.

See here lies a problem for me...the amount of players I over hear saying sh*t like this really gets my goat up, so because someone is perceived by yourself to be cheating you feel its appropriate to go out of your way to go for a place that is probably the most dangerous of places to shoot for... says a lot for that player in my eyes! Ever since I started playing airsoft I personally do the following if I think someone is cheating and not taking the hit...

1. Move slightly closer/different angle to see if its my shooting that's the problem (off aim - we all like to think were shooting real steel distances but chances are were falling short or missing)

2. If I know I'm within hitting distance and the guy(or girl) really isn't taking the hit - look around for a marshal

3. If no marshal is in the area shoot for an area below the shoulders and not protected by "armour" generally the arms/legs 

4. If they still don't take it.. mental note of them to give to marshal later and move on to next target... (admittedly it does get annoying when you've moved on and the guy you hit then hits you....)

Generally point 3 is where I find I get frustrated... the guys that will flinch like f*ck no matter where you hit them and carry on. Does that justify me then shooting them in the head in an open field... like f*ck does it! the only time I would ever shoot for the head is if it my only target (as per the site rules of every site I've been to), accidents do happen but to deliberately shoot for someones head/face out of annoyance says to me you have no place playing the sport and are probably the type to also kill small animals as a child.

I think if your really the type of person that needs to full auto people because you think they are cheating and not just get a marshal to sort it out then you'd be better spending your time in a different sport... or you know addressing your anger problems...

Guest scalawag
24 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

See here lies a problem for me...the amount of players I over hear saying sh*t like this really gets my goat up, so because someone is perceived by yourself to be cheating you feel its appropriate to go out of your way to go for a place that is probably the most dangerous of places to shoot for... says a lot for that player in my eyes! Ever since I started playing airsoft I personally do the following if I think someone is cheating and not taking the hit...

1. Move slightly closer/different angle to see if its my shooting that's the problem (off aim - we all like to think were shooting real steel distances but chances are were falling short or missing)

2. If I know I'm within hitting distance and the guy(or girl) really isn't taking the hit - look around for a marshal

3. If no marshal is in the area shoot for an area below the shoulders and not protected by "armour" generally the arms/legs 

4. If they still don't take it.. mental note of them to give to marshal later and move on to next target... (admittedly it does get annoying when you've moved on and the guy you hit then hits you....)

Generally point 3 is where I find I get frustrated... the guys that will flinch like f*ck no matter where you hit them and carry on. Does that justify me then shooting them in the head in an open field... like f*ck does it! the only time I would ever shoot for the head is if it my only target (as per the site rules of every site I've been to), accidents do happen but to deliberately shoot for someones head/face out of annoyance says to me you have no place playing the sport and are probably the type to also kill small animals as a child.

I think if your really the type of person that needs to full auto people because you think they are cheating and not just get a marshal to sort it out then you'd be better spending your time in a different sport... or you know addressing your anger problems...

I think this is the most sensible and reasonable post I have seen to date that relates to "people not taking hits" or "people missing hits" or "people thinking they have hit someone when they have not".  

How much different airsoft would be if everyone approached it from such a balanced and reasonable point of view, and not just an assumption that "because I think it happened , I must be right!"

Archived