Help me spend my money wisely...... On a gas rifle (Maybe!)

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

7 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

More sticky shiz right there, the first question should be; Do you have £500 for a RIF? :D

We’re probably not helping most of the time haha

”should I buy the combat machine or the ICS sportline” 

“MWS is the only answer...”

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! I’ve got one of them too, but mine has a couple of mods. It’s amazing how quiet they are compared to a GBB. 

Good luck hitting yourself in the dick with a single point sling ;) only made that mistake once haha

Next question in the world of "spend my dosh for me"......
Can anybody recommend mag couplers for MWS mags please?
I know It'll give me problems with pouches, but I think the benefits of an extra 30 rounds on tap will outweigh the disadvantages...

Never been a fan personally, because once those two are empty, your reload time then becomes much longer unless you’re happy to drop £90 on the ground. Have a look at a ‘readymag’. That way you can always have a second mag on the gun, but not attached so you can still have functional pouches.

After using it for a bit, you’ll get a good idea even without counting when you’re about to run out. If I feel like Ive got maybe <5 bb’s left before I move from cover or enter a building, I’ll change the mags out anyway. Unless you run a dump pouch, always designate a pouch for putting half empty/empty mags. 

Its just practice, youll get a feel for shot count.

Mag wise just use decent pouches, for speed the fastest has to be Esstac KWYI closely followed by HSGI Taco's, if i carry 3 mags i make sure i have 4 pouch slots, that way i can shove the empty straight in and pull a fresh one if im not feeling dumping the mag on the ground.

Magpuls are good for protecting the bottom of the mags.

4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Nice! I’ve got one of them too, but mine has a couple of mods. It’s amazing how quiet they are compared to a GBB.

I've just been having a play with it and I can't believe things:
1) how quiet it is
2) how accurate it is
3) how much more power comes from adding the suppressor
My son was adamant that the gun was louder with the suppressor on. Then I fired with no BBs, once with, once without.

Turns out that the increased noise was from the BB hitting the box harder with the suppressor!

Is it a TM or an ASG? A Tm silencer should just be a foam filled tube and has no power benefits. An asg one increases the power I believe. 

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

Is it a TM or an ASG? A Tm silencer should just be a foam filled tube and has no power benefits. An asg one increases the power I believe. 

It's a TM. But the pellets were definitely hitting the box with a much louder "thwack!"...

A strange one.... different B.B. weights perhaps? You want to use nice, heavy ones in it if you can 

Just now, Wo1f said:

A strange one.... different B.B. weights perhaps? You want to use nice, heavy ones in it if you can 

Was using .25s - Only one mag, with and without sup.
I'll experiment!

9 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

If you really want to know if it's firing hotter without the use of a Chrono then shoot your son with/without silencer :D

Superb. 

Some good buys there. TM claims another pocket. 

I read around a bit and decided to get a new stock and decided on this: click

Solves two problems - gives me a new stock and allows carry of an extra mag - Result!
Now looking for a vertical foregrip - but my word, the choice is endless!!

Can you not put a tactical Yorkie bar up there?! 

Are we still doing 'phrasing?'? 

On 3/6/2018 at 2:52 PM, Wo1f said:

Never been a fan personally, because once those two are empty, your reload time then becomes much longer unless you’re happy to drop £90 on the ground. Have a look at a ‘readymag’. That way you can always have a second mag on the gun, but not attached so you can still have functional pouches.

After using it for a bit, you’ll get a good idea even without counting when you’re about to run out. If I feel like Ive got maybe <5 bb’s left before I move from cover or enter a building, I’ll change the mags out anyway. Unless you run a dump pouch, always designate a pouch for putting half empty/empty mags. 

Have you used a ready mag for airsoft? I'm just wondering if it would suffer from the same problem as the stock I got - that being that the magazine was too high at the top where the BBs come out, so the magazine didn't engage with the release catch.

I haven’t, but I’ve seen plenty of airsoft guns with them on before. Personally I’ll just use a plate carrier and some decent pouches

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

I haven’t, but I’ve seen plenty of airsoft guns with them on before. Personally I’ll just use a plate carrier and some decent pouches

I was tempted to a plate carrier, but alas I am far too porky for what the shop had to offer.
None of 'em came close, which is why I ended up with the viper chest rig. Which is, quite frankly, shite.

Uurrgh. Viper. 

Have a fleece of theirs which is good. My Dad has a SAAV which is decent. 

But every other item I have seen or owned is just pony. 

Archived