Accuracy

sarni307
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I shoot at a target at about 35yrds the groupings are not that good easily enough to hit a man size target but not as close as I would like any ideas?

im sure there are 2 things to do here:

1) TBB's! 6.03?

2) Adjust the sights slightly.

I do want one but I want a silencer as well and intill I find one of those I can't buy a tight bore as I want an extended one to reach the end of the silencer!

You may be right but I think once I have a silencer on it I won't be removing it anyway. In theory longer barrel should make a diff in my experience stock m16's and m14's etc seem to shoot more accurately standard.

Their is a certain look I'm after for it and the silencer staying on is a big part of that.

Back to the original question is a tight bore going to be the best way of sorting it? Or is there anything I can try while I order one?

How hard is your hop unit on? Are you shooting single shots or a burst. What weight of bb are you using and whats the fps of the gun?

Hop: On to hard it is trying to spin the bb really hard, ie jamming it into the barell to try to get her to spin. This can provide inconsistinces in shot

Single shot/Burst: Single shot, you move. Only way to see wat your grouping is is to vice clamp the gun then zero it in. Also single shotting can mean the next shot is at a lower fps as the spring is partially compressed after the first shot, and thus you get dodgy results.

BB/fps. If you have a 350 fps rifle and are using .2's then they may go wayward as they are a bit light, using .25's tends to increase accuracy (they also move less in the wind).

Also what do you consider a bad grouping? I know that at 30m my gun hits a 12" target 18/20 shots in single and about the same on auto. The two odd ones are flyers, that spin up and away. At 40m I can hit a 20" head shoulders target about 16/20 times with a couple of flyers. Pretty accurate for airsoft.

A 12" target would be about 10/20 at 30m I do use .2s and it around 350fps I did clamp it as I said above it's hard to describe just dosnt seem as good as it should. I will try taking the hop down again 2mz see if that helps

That's some pretty serious stuff. I'm not after a dmr just a bit more consistency in the groupings but have some good food for thought now so thanks guys

Archived