G&G Combat CM16 Raider Upgrade Barrel

Unknown_Ghost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Just a quick question for those who have done on this model gun. 

I'm looking to upgrade the inner barrel, however, I'm unable to find 6.01/6.03 on the same size barrel as the current one installed which is 233mm. The closest i can find is - MAD BULL 363mm 6.01 Upgrade Tightbore Barrel. Will this cause any complications with the rifle and/or the hop-up?

Thanks.

I wouldnt advise a 6.01 on an AEG.

Also keep the length similar to standard,

http://wolfarmouries.co.uk/madbull-black-python-ver-ii-229mm-tight-bore-barrel-6-03mm.html

I personally are not a fan of Madbull barrels and would find a Prometheus Laylax 6.03, generally the best aftermarket budget barrel.

You could always find a G&G toptech model barrel (very good) or a TM barrel (very good)

Actually come to think of it i have a TM barrel spare.

43 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

I wouldnt advise a 6.01 on an AEG.

Also keep the length similar to standard,

http://wolfarmouries.co.uk/madbull-black-python-ver-ii-229mm-tight-bore-barrel-6-03mm.html

I personally are not a fan of Madbull barrels and would find a Prometheus Laylax 6.03, generally the best aftermarket budget barrel.

You could always find a G&G toptech model barrel (very good) or a TM barrel (very good)

Actually come to think of it i have a TM barrel spare.

@Davegolf won't the 229mm be too short though? 

I'm looking to get a Hop, bucking and nub, and the Madbull Ultimate 3-in-1 Hop-Up Chamber Unit seems to have it all. Is this set recommended?

Thanks for the advice.

Short  barrel isn't a problem. It just hides inside the outer.

The 3 in 1 is a tracer unit, and it works OK if that's what you're after. If you're set on changing the hop, ZCI CNC with a Modify Soft Flat Hop and nub, then use decent 0.28g BBs for a useful increase in range and accuracy.

Archived