Tippmann M4 hopup solution!

Pritch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve finally cracked the code with the tippmann, and I’ve managed to get a reliable constsitant hop up solution all for £50! 

It’s consists of a Incentive Designs flat hop hop up unit (£30) which gives you an improvement straight away even with the stock rubber.

But to get truly perfect hop up ive found that a purple Prometheus (£20) with the nubs sanded/razor bladed off.

This gives such a consistent accuracy shot after shot, even with the stock barrel! 

B39D58CB-5812-482D-9481-877268C07C56.jpeg

Prommy purple is the best bucking you can get your hands on, I have it on my ares am009, flat hopped and damn, the consistency is awesome..

I used the stock chamber with a modified Modify (pun intended) flat nub

Idk about yours, but my g&g green has a really tight feed lip and it doesn't feed properly on my other gun :( (ares amoeba am013)

Was thinking of sanding the lip to make it a tad larger, but I'm afraid it'll compromise either the seal or a proper alignment of everything.. Didn't want to hijack the thread, it's just one of my countless brain farts :P

On 26/01/2018 at 10:17 PM, Skara said:

Idk about yours, but my g&g green has a really tight feed lip and it doesn't feed properly on my other gun :( (ares amoeba am013)

Was thinking of sanding the lip to make it a tad larger, but I'm afraid it'll compromise either the seal or a proper alignment of everything.. Didn't want to hijack the thread, it's just one of my countless brain farts :P

Do you use mid caps?

i find sometimes that if the midcaps are over full or just large capacity (120r) then the pressure from the spring (because it’s very full) it can push up on the hop up unit and misalign it.

if that fails then I’d try a prommy purple as they’re softer than a green, and just a miricle! :lol:

On 26/01/2018 at 7:45 PM, Airsoft_Mr B said:

Might give this a go, I have a prommy purple but still got the stock G&G green in there atm

Also tryna get a 6" barrel off ID though and they haven't had stock of a bunch of stuff for months

If you google the what barrels are compatible because if I’m not mistaken then some gbb outers will fit! 

Otherwise you could always get one get one from tippmann directly, probably end up the same sort of price with shipping etc

36 minutes ago, Pritch said:

Do you use mid caps?

i find sometimes that if the midcaps are over full or just large capacity (120r) then the pressure from the spring (because it’s very full) it can push up on the hop up unit and misalign it.

if that fails then I’d try a prommy purple as they’re softer than a green, and just a miricle! :lol:

Midcaps (g&g), 300bb, 360bb lonex flash and a 1200bb electric one..

XD I guess it's a compatibility issue between the hop chamber and the bucking..

I'll get the prommy purple as soon as it's back in stock at the local shop :)

Sorry again for the hijack :P

4 hours ago, Skara said:

Midcaps (g&g), 300bb, 360bb lonex flash and a 1200bb electric one..

XD I guess it's a compatibility issue between the hop chamber and the bucking..

I'll get the prommy purple as soon as it's back in stock at the local shop :)

Sorry again for the hijack :P

Thats alright im happy to spread the little knowledge I have!

there shouldn’t be a compatibility issue, I’d try filling your mid caps 3/4 full and seeing if that helps, and if that doesn’t check your hop up unit itself, it might have a crack etc, and finally if that doesn’t work your hop up rubber might not be aligned, they’ll be a grove on the rubber on the inside that corresponds to a channel in the inner barrel, check that’s seated properly and it’s not on too far or too little etc!

for the purple prommy I got my off eBay, Chinese company but saved about £10! It’ll be about two weeks shipping or something but it’s free so shouldn’t be too bad! 

22 hours ago, Pritch said:

If you google the what barrels are compatible because if I’m not mistaken then some gbb outers will fit! 

Thanks dude! I have sort of decided to keep it at the stock length for now, but I'm keeping this in mind if it means it's any easier and/or cheaper.

Installed my Prommy Purple last night as the stock bucking was knackered anyway, next investment will be the drop in flat hop from ID then

3 hours ago, Airsoft_Mr B said:

Thanks dude! I have sort of decided to keep it at the stock length for now, but I'm keeping this in mind if it means it's any easier and/or cheaper.

Installed my Prommy Purple last night as the stock bucking was knackered anyway, next investment will be the drop in flat hop from ID then

Remember to sand/shave off the nubs of the rubber so it can work as a flat hop! 

Archived