Recommendation for 350FPS and Max range.

agentsmith350
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi ,

Been to a couple of games now , and find that I prefer to hang back just just on the edge of engagement and pick people off, but not far away enough to keep to sniper MED's.  

I dont know what the rental guns are but always seem to be struggling with the range on them , so im looking for something that is good for range but 350fps or slighty under to keep it fine for whatever style i want to play.

Anyone have any recommendations ?

• Supporters

What's your budget?

Do you want to buy all the accuracy that you need, or would you be OK with upgrading?

Does any particular style of gun appeal?

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer a DMR?  Many sites will let you run over 400fps with a non-spammed semi auto gun.

• Supporters

Firstly, let us know what guns you have used, or what the rental guns are. Normally, rental guns have been well used, and sometimes abused, so they are not the best example of how well a particular gun can perform.

If you search the forums for beginner guns you’ll see the G&G CM16 Raider comes up often. I own one of these, and for the £130 they are new, would highly recommend. For such a cheap gun you can easily get 50M with .25bbs at some consistency. 

After getting something like this, I’d suggest taking your time to learn a bit more about how the guns work, and what makes them tick. This will give you some understanding about what gives a gun it’s range and accuracy.

No real budget but don't want to spend money for the sake of it.

Rather have something out of the box

Style wise don't really like AK's , but pretty much anything thing else.

Wasn't aware there may be different limits for semi only , IL try and find out from the site if that's a possibility and also what model the rentals are. They are some M4 varient which doesn't narrow it down much I know ha.

Best out of the box performance end of is a TM MWS which is a gas gun, there I said it soz but if you're into semi shots more at a medium distance that's your gun.

Otherwise there are a few electric models, AEGs that work rather well out of the box, some of the G&G top line stuff performs well whilst being decent FPS as standard.

1 hour ago, agentsmith350 said:

Thanks Dave , I had looked a little at the MWS but the mag capacity and being gas really put me off.

Any particular out the box G&G ?

Just a side note, if you want high mag capacity and  want to hang back to pick people off your doing it wrong.... You shouldnt need hi caps if your hanging back ans a scout/dmr type of role as you wont/shouldnt be spraying and praying but rather choosing your shots better.

Personally I would bet the best gun you could afford, (it will be noticeably better than  arental or a cheaper end gun, my krytac pi££es all over my raider for example) and as mentioned have a tinker and work out what makes them have better accuracy and range such as learning about the hop, using heavier BBs, better barrel etc..

Don't loose sight of the fact that range comes from a combination of BB weight and effective backspin applied to the BB. Once the BB has left the gun, the gun has no further role to play.

The most cost effective way to get range is to use heavier BBs. 350fps measured with 0.2g BBs is 1.14 joules of energy. At 1.14J you can get a 0.2g BB to travel about 40-45m. At the same energy a 0.28g BB will travel 60-65m,and although it started out slower it will actually get to the target quicker once past about 15m purely because it doesn't loose as much speed in flight.

Any gun is capable of this sort of range provided the hop can apply enough backspin. Factors like the shot to shot fps consistency and the bore quality of the barrel can affect the accuracy, but that's usually a case of getting what you pay for.

27 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

Don't loose sight of the fact that range comes from a combination of BB weight and effective backspin applied to the BB. Once the BB has left the gun, the gun has no further role to play.

The most cost effective way to get range is to use heavier BBs. 350fps measured with 0.2g BBs is 1.14 joules of energy. At 1.14J you can get a 0.2g BB to travel about 40-45m. At the same energy a 0.28g BB will travel 60-65m,and although it started out slower it will actually get to the target quicker once past about 15m purely because it doesn't loose as much speed in flight.

Any gun is capable of this sort of range provided the hop can apply enough backspin. Factors like the shot to shot fps consistency and the bore quality of the barrel can affect the accuracy, but that's usually a case of getting what you pay for.

It also appears that the firearms rule in regards to barrel length increasing accuracy is not true in Airsoft guns, where barrel length appears to have little effect on range/accuracy. (A stubby M4 can be perfectly suitable in a woodland environment for example)

First of all, Dave is correct. The MWS is godly. I keep buying new guns and then throwing them back in their boxes because I’ve yet to find anything better. Gas guns have the advantage of joule creep. The way it imparts energy on a B.B. means it will crono under 350 FPS on a .2, but will quite happily throw .4 bb’s out for miles. That’s something an AEG struggles with due to a fixed amount of air volume. The down side is gas guns are usually more inconsistent in terms of FPS fluctuations.  

By the sounds of it you’re set on electric. THE most important thing when it comes to range at a given FPS is your hop up rubber. I got my little bro a JG g36c from taiwangun for £90. Put a maple leaf rubber and nub in it and it shoot just as far as an upgraded TM recoil Scar H that I used to own, which set me back £500+.

Barrel length has little to do with range. Any barrel past 150mm should offer you the similar performance. For example my TM mp7 is tiny, but it will happily throw BB’s out to any Aeg range. Barrel length effects gas guns more as it (like a real gun) increases the velocity of the bb the longer you go. This in turn means you can use less gas to get the same power, making your gun more efficient. 

With regards to G&G.. I believe their green hop rubbers are very good. If their top line come with those, it’s a fair assumption that they will shoot well. 

6 hours ago, agentsmith350 said:

No real budget but don't want to spend money for the sake of it.

Rather have something out of the box

Problem is we all have different views of what good performance is, there is honestly a plethora of AEGs that would be amazing, BUT they pretty much will always need some mods to be GOOD in my eyes.

Out of the box you wont beat an MWS, id bet a standard MWS would out shoot an 'out the box' sniper rifle firing 150 fps hotter.

The TM Recoils are from an engineers point of view very well made, if you want a top quality AEG start with a Recoil, explore and experiment with different BB weights and play some more.

With a TM recoil as a starting point the world is your oyster and you can mold that thing into whatever you want to.

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Just a side note, if you want high mag capacity and  want to hang back to pick people off your doing it wrong.... You shouldnt need hi caps if your hanging back ans a scout/dmr type of role as you wont/shouldnt be spraying and praying but rather choosing your shots better.

An MWS hold 35rds, a TM recoil holds 70-90rds, if your single shot'ing 35rds is plenty a mag.

With a gas gun you dont have to worry about batteries, wiring upgrades etc etc, you just buy the gun, a bag of quality BBs and the right gas for the ambient temp and off you go! :D

You can also get a proper HPA gun, it's expensive but imo it's the best thing for consistency, little to no variation in FPS, the air volume being used is still the same every time you pull the trigger, they're extremely quiet if tuned properly.

Dmrs don't fire a lot of shots, so one of the smaller cylinders will do and you can even go for a wraith system that replaces your stock with the actual air cylinder..

Or get a high end AEG, TMs are the state of art, g&gs are a valid and cheaper alternative.. If you don't want to spend much I can suggest you to try the ares amoeba series, mine were accurate and consistent out of the box, at a fraction of a TM's price..

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

The down side is gas guns are usually more inconsistent in terms of FPS fluctuations. 

Oh yeh meant to clarify for the OP the FPS fluctuations are with temperature, more of a day to day thing rather than every shot. (discounting cooldown as this shouldnt really factor if semi firing)

Its been said time and time again, but go play your site, get chummy, try out and discuss other players guns, if theyr nice you can have a pop on the range etc

9 minutes ago, agentsmith350 said:

Thanks for all the replies guys , Is the "recoil" a TM range of various models or one certain model ? 

It's a range, including m4s, scars, 416/417 series and a few others..

If you got a G&G raider, got a tight bore barrel, Prometheus flathop unit, Prometheus purple rubber, you’d have some decent range and accuracy without having to spend too much or strip the gun apart.

Thanks again, doing a lot of digging around on the forum and cant find a bad word about those TM Recoils so thats leading the choice atm , closley followed by the about G&G with mods because of the price difference.

Are the recoil models like 416 , 417 all essentially the same gun just cosmetic difference ?

If I go for TM it would be one of those with the M100 spring to bring the FPS to the site limit to get the best out of some .28 bb's

I think they all share the same exact internals.. Maybe the 7.62 ones have a slightly longer gearbox (mk17, hk417)

Anyway, I wouldn't touch them until something breaks, even though they have lowish fps they still give you the same range as higher fps guns..

My old ICS L85 did pretty well I must say with a Prommy bucking and a half decent barrel, bone stock otherwise.

For the most part yes all the Recoil gearboxes are fairly similar/same tech.

As above run it stock and see how you go or buy it with a stronger gearset and an M95 spring already installed

I think I'm set on a TM Recoil , wouldn't want to spend the time and money on a cheaper model and upgrades only to get a TM later that out performs it. I'd like to keep electric though as don't want to carry gas around and have to worry about temps. 

I'm looking at a couple now , there seems to be 3 versions of the M4 style recoil models , but with a hundred pounds or so steps in price. Not sure why ? I'm on my phone at the moment will post what I was looking at later.

DON'T go for anything with recoil if you want accuracy.

Grab yourself a Krytac, Don't do any mods other than get it to the fps your site of choice allows. A Krytac PDW will out range most AEGs on the field, if at the fps limit of your site. The only guns you really need to worry about then are GBBRs with only 30 BBs in a mag (you can use a hi-cap so you will win) or HPA guns... and they are few and far between so not really somit you need to worry your little socks about! ;-)

8 hours ago, PT247 said:

DON'T go for anything with recoil if you want accuracy.

(you can use a hi-cap so you will win)

I can understand a loss of accuracy on the shooters part when full auto due to the recoil vibes but on semi it has no influence, in all cases the BB has left the barrel before the Recoil weight hits home.

And with the OP saying he prefers ranged semi shot play I would most likely use midcaps not maracas :D

Just hoping to not confuse 

Archived